Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Wild Growth not used?!??!? On either of the low health melee in the middle of UOL?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

Wild Growth not used?!??!? On either of the low health melee in the middle of UOL?!?!?!

Wickd has died like 3 times with wild growth available :laugh:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

yeah that was loving dire, wickd is the absolute worst

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Why are you playing around baron and not trying to take bot inhib UOL?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

in wut world did elements win that team fight, wasn't it 3 for 4 in favor of UoL?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Quickshot, Elements lost that fight 4 to 3...

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Froggen kills both enemy carries, team still loses.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

That's actually right though. I mean like what are UOL supposed to do? Not kill Wickd because he's not worth the full gold value or something? The announcers were harping on it like they were just wasting their time killing him. Whatever bonus is is just that, a bonus.

I was neither agreeing or disagreeing, I merely meant to point out that SaltyTeemo games are like hundreds of kills no matter the bounty status on anyone. Difference between that end of the scale and the pro end, is that there's no thought to the objective game, the map, the teams, anything.

This is all taking into account that SaltyTeemo isn't really indicative of Bronze, it's like the Bronze of Bronze. Honestly, if I did promos now I bet I'd be Bronze, so I'm not dumping on all of them for being bad!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

"elements win a teamfight" only person alive is wickd vs having annie and mao alive on other team???? plus shook came into fight TWICE and got wrecked.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The problem with UOL's composition (from that last fight especially) is that they really lack sustained damage for the fights with 2 pure tanks. It's going to be hard for them to win before 5 dragon status I think because their best case team fight sans an excellent pick is a protracted fight where they break even.

e: Quickshot confirmed on Elements payroll.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just burn Elements to the ground

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Two things:

1. Quikshot is the worst.
2. I am really impressed with Krepo's Morgana. He is the reason that Froggen was able to engage on both of UOL's carries in that teamfight.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

"Who draws the trigger first?" ???? What the gently caress

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

It's weird that they spend so much time talking about how much money kills are worth depending on the spree of kills or deaths. I've never really seen anyone outside of Bronze factor in gold bounty into their decision-making about whether or not to get a kill on somebody. In competitive it's entirely about map pressure off of kills, not bounty hunting.

I mean in like season 2 you'd directly translate first blood into 8 wards and win the game. I think they're somewhat correct in that tier 2 towers are too hard to push early even 4v5 and dragons are easy to sneak and also worthless so it can be hard to translate a kill into a map advantage. Like you should be able to translate it into a ward advantage but actually you've usually blown all your ults and are over extended so you recall instead.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Two things:

1. Quikshot is the worst.
2. I am really impressed with Krepo's Morgana. He is the reason that Froggen was able to engage on both of UOL's carries in that teamfight.

Krepo has been really good this game. It's sad that Wickd seems to be worse than ever.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It's pretty cool that elements has never been behind at any point in this game but they're fully commited to letting wicked get hosed over and over instead of committing to winnable fights.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

LOL FUCKIN WICKD ARE YOU SERIOUS

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course this will end with wickd getting caught.

edit:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Freaksaus posted:

Of course this will end with wickd getting caught.

Ends how it begins!

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

LOL FUCKIN WICKD ARE YOU SERIOUS

Not empty quoting.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
lmao wickd

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Wickd is legit the reason Elements has lost this game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
:lol: gently caress you, Elements

e: let's go MYM, Elements relegation the dream

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Relegate Elements

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

#FREESMEB

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Kevin wasn't very good, but holy poo poo wickd is bad.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sexpansion posted:

Wickd is legit the reason Elements has lost this game.

There are a lot of reasons. Rekkless isn't playing to his alleged potential, Shook is a mediocre jungle, and on and on

Also Krepo is a butthole

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Krepo's black shields and some of his ults were good. But the lulu was too heavy

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Asema posted:

Just burn Elements to the ground

I think they've got that covered.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Also Krepo is a butthole

Why say things like this, why?

Seriously how do you not fire Wickd at this point? Like, not bench, fire.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
froggen just give cloud9 a call, c'mon man..

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Krepo is funny, even when demolished he winks at his buddies in the postgame.

I love the froggen ult onto full tank maokai. it did 2/5 of his HP... without him using ulti.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

XyrlocShammypants posted:

There are a lot of reasons. Rekkless isn't playing to his alleged potential, Shook is a mediocre jungle, and on and on

Also Krepo is a butthole

Rekkles has never been very good :ssh:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lol Krepo's Twitter

1 hr ago - Do or die
2 mins ago - die

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kind of want MYM to win now so that Elements get closer to that last place spot.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012

Violently Car posted:

Rekkles has never been very good :ssh:

Rekkles positioning in this last week has sometimes been worse than Doublelift's; He got blown up instantly in the final fight around dragon yesterday with CW, and in this game he valked into a sion/maokai for no apparent reason when Froggen killed both carries.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
The best part of this game was the postgame camera that slowly zooms in on Wickd as Krepo says 'As long as we don't throw early, we win'.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Time for #KeepKev1n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Bankerfox posted:

Rekkles positioning in this last week has sometimes been worse than Doublelift's; He got blown up instantly in the final fight around dragon yesterday with CW, and in this game he valked into a sion/maokai for no apparent reason when Froggen killed both carries.

Rekkles got a lot of praise because he's really good at making his CS and KDA look good. His champion damage stat actually sucks, he takes no risks, and he crumbles under pressure. Now that he doesn't have xPeke to carry him, he's looking very exposed.

• Locked thread