Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

EatinCake posted:

So because the DFC planeswalkers start as Legendary Creatures, they can be used for EDH, right? Count me aboard the hype train.

Jaceman will flip into the command zone as it won't be as good as mind sculptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

EatinCake posted:

So because the DFC planeswalkers start as Legendary Creatures, they can be used for EDH, right? Count me aboard the hype train.

Yes. Now I wonder if my Alesha Tiny Leaders deck will just turn into mono-black Liliana in a few months.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Terrible Horse posted:

Kind of annoying that LotV wont get a reprint in Origins, though its probable for MM15

It is? I thought 8th Ed to Alara Reborn precludes a LotV reprint.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Terrible Horse posted:

Kind of annoying that LotV wont get a reprint in Origins, though its probable for MM15

I thought MM15 didn't cover that time period?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Who's the green walker for Origins? Gideon, Jace, Liliana, Chandra... Garruk?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Terrible Horse posted:

MM15 only goes up to Scars block, so no Lili, GoST or Snapcaster.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Terrible Horse posted:

MM17, MM15 doesn't include Innistrad.

Tibalt confirmed for swankiest, as well.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Yeah, it ends at Scars of Mirrodin, no LotV possible.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

LordSaturn posted:

Who's the green walker for Origins? Gideon, Jace, Liliana, Chandra... Garruk?

Nissa.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

qbert posted:

It is? I thought 8th Ed to Alara Reborn precludes a LotV reprint.

MM15 is 8th to New Phyrexia, but you're right anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
So was the DFC the huge crazy announcement they were hyping?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Oh yeah, poo poo. Welp, I'll continue never playing black and green in modern then.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lol at some WOTC employee struggling not to just respond with "who caressssss" to a super spergy nitpicky plot question

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The girl misunderstood that question, by the way - Maro has already said its 3 Planeswalkers in a Large Set and 2 in a Small Set going forward.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kalli posted:

Here's the spoilered cards so far:

This will go great in my Sarkhan Lore EDH deck

Kalli posted:

This will go great in my Cantripping EDH deck

Kalli posted:

This will go great in my EDH Decks

Kalli posted:

what's not to love about this in EDH?

Kalli posted:

This will go great in my mike tyson themed EDH deck

This will be great for both an EDH AND tiny leaders commander!

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos
It's interesting that they didn't solve the flavor problem of controlling creature Liliana and planeswalker Liliana at the same time. That was one of the reasons I was telling myself it wouldn't happen.

Applebees fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 6, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Haha, it's actually pretty funny how much Wizards doesn't care about competitive drafting minutiae.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Are you really going to do that for every single card?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Return to Zendikar confirmed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

okay so im going through the backlog cause i missed the panel since i had to do homework but anyway

uh i forgot where i was going with this post lol anyway, good video bugsy

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Next set is "Battle for Zendikar"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

New set confirmed as Battle for Zendikar!

I knew it was gonna be Zendikar because they didn't' trademark anything this time. You don't have to trademark something you already own.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Angry Grimace posted:

New set confirmed as Battle for Zendikar!

MY PENIS IS HARD.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Well that was just a matter of when.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh poo poo. Return to Zendikar, fall 2015

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Plot speculation: The Eldrazi manage to get off Zendikar for a bit and attack Tarkir to try to take out the creature that sealed them.

Surrak punches one of them out.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Welp, I think fetches are returning in the next block...

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So excited for Zendikar

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That Liliana seems just bad.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Young Jace should have been a fat gently caress neckbeard flipping tables

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Ugin's gonna be pissed his minus can't hit Eldrazi.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Anafenza is now a cute ghost anime girl.

and now i am wickedly sad i missed it...

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i will be absolutely shocked if the jace dfc doesn't flip in the same way as delver

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

RME posted:

This will go great in my Sarkhan Lore EDH deck

I suppose it'd have to play double duty with your Baby EDH deck as Zurgo Helmsmasher is an important figure in Sarkhan Lore™ and the deck would thus have to be 5 colors.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Chamale posted:

MM15 is 8th to New Phyrexia, but you're right anyway.

Interesting that that only adds 3 blocks onto MM1 (Alara, Zendikar, Scars). There's a fair amount of reprint-worthy stuff in there though, plus maybe core sets if they want to add Titans. Eldrazi, praetors, fetches, Goblin Guide, Batterskull, Swords, Phyrexian mana stuff, whatever was in Alara... Wonder what the draft archetypes will be.

(one fantastic draft format, one awful draft format, and one mixed one)

Ed: Oh poo poo, more Zendikar that owns Zendikar owns.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zero_Grade posted:

Interesting that that only adds 3 blocks onto MM1 (Alara, Zendikar, Scars). There's a fair amount of reprint-worthy stuff in there though, plus maybe core sets if they want to add Titans. Eldrazi, praetors, fetches, Goblin Guide, Batterskull, Swords, Phyrexian mana stuff, whatever was in Alara... Wonder what the draft archetypes will be.

Just two, actually. Alara was in MM1. It had Maelstrom Pulse and Knight of the Reliquary, among other things.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Zero_Grade posted:

Only 2, MM1 already had Alara block stuff.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I think conditional planeswalkers are cooler in theory than they likely will be in practice.

As for ZENDIKAR BATTLE SET :black101: I just bought a set of Marsh Flats for my Tokens Modern deck! I ain't mad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

She does the attrition thing ridiculously well considering she makes both players discard, can reap more card advantage via her -X at various points, fuels delve, is powered by exploit and similar such cards, etc.

I think she's pretty nifty myself.

• Locked thread