Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sakurazuka posted:

Koei really needs to ditch only being able to marry the opposite gender.

Only if we're allowed to swear an oath-bond with a different gender, for equality's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do everything with whoever you like is my motto.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DW:8E feels fun so far just really easy

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Bloodly posted:

Only if we're allowed to swear an oath-bond with a different gender, for equality's sake.

You already can.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yep, I was sworn sister to Huang Gai after marrying Gan Ning.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Davincie posted:

how about 3 men and a baby?

Already running a kingdom as Chen Gong, I now have to get those other 3 into my kingdom.

Thanks a lot you big jerk :mad:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

What about Orochi? The Chinese/Japanese mash up featuring DOA sounds kind of appealing and it looks like a good chunk of DLC is available too on the Xbone.

WO3U is the best musou game in my opinion. 3 character switching beats switching between two of the same weapons and it has absurd amounts of content for the price you pay.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I wish the menu theme was the Three Kingdoms intro music.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
What is the significance of the AI using Diaochan and Xiaoqiao over and over in the last page?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Something about them auto-using skills which rapidly depletes troops.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ZenVulgarity posted:

I wish the menu theme was the Three Kingdoms intro music.

Speaking of music DW8:E has a huge selection of music that you'll never hear if you stick to the default song for each stage so make sure to actually hit the button to switch the song and hit random once or twice every now and then.

Also my game has a weird bug where for some reason the default music for the Yellow Turban Rebellion fight doesn't play at all. No idea why. I did that fight in complete silence, which was really bizarre.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Morter posted:

Something about them auto-using skills which rapidly depletes troops.

Yeah, the Affection skill eats like 1000 troops per use, and they love to spam it for the buff as well as the heal.

In short they are monsters

edit: Does anyone know if the Lone Wolf/Free Spirit titles require 3/5 years as a free officer consecutively or just total? I've been a free officer for about two, but I also have a chance for the Sumptuous Indulger title if I take this job offer.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 5, 2015

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

How many troops do you lose when you die? Also some one earlier said you lose troops when you pick up healing items from bases but that doesnt seem to be the case, i was checking my troop count for a while after picking up the rice ball things and it never dropped from the 850 i had.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Morter posted:

Chen Gong

You know, at least with Empires you can finally give that guy the ending he should have had :smith:.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Lotish posted:

edit: Does anyone know if the Lone Wolf/Free Spirit titles require 3/5 years as a free officer consecutively or just total? I've been a free officer for about two, but I also have a chance for the Sumptuous Indulger title if I take this job offer.

I haven't got the first one (one year), and I've definitely spent more than 12 months as a Free Officer, so I'm guessing the timer resets

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Wife wants a 2 player actual co op game and the options seem to be basically these games, legos or sports on the Xbox one right now
I haven't played these games in years not sure if my wife ever has.
Are we better off looking at warriors orochi 3 or dynasty warriors 8 in terms of murdering things as a happy couple?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dw8, wo3 is better if you know who all the people are and your wife certainly won't.

maybe someone should put this in the op since we get the question every page

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Davincie posted:

dw8, wo3 is better if you know who all the people are and your wife certainly won't.

maybe someone should put this in the op since we get the question every page

If the story doesn't matter, it most likely won't to either of us really, which has better combat or the ability to customize?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

If the story doesn't matter, it most likely won't to either of us really, which has better combat or the ability to customize?

Technically DW8 still, just because it's newer than WO3, but WO3 has you making a team of 3 characters so it might be better in that regard.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Holy poo poo, I suck at this. This is my first time with a Dynasty Warriors game and I just did a mission where every time I took a camp, the enemy pretty much immediately took it right back.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

Holy poo poo, I suck at this. This is my first time with a Dynasty Warriors game and I just did a mission where every time I took a camp, the enemy pretty much immediately took it right back.

Hunt down enemy officers and murder them. I can usually sneak one easy base in before they start to cause a problem.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm trying Halberds for the first time. Each combo kills around 100 dudes in big, populated bases :stare:

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm trying Halberds for the first time. Each combo kills around 100 dudes in big, populated bases :stare:

Try the Emei Piercers, they're just sick. Or the gloves which are literally Hulk Hands.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Also the first EX attack for the Revolving Crossbow is amazing for clearing out bases. Turns you into a bullet train of death.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

blackguy32 posted:

Which game in particular are you playing?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I remember when I first played this series way back in the day, I thought it was my responsibility to kill every mother fucker on the field, and couldn't understand why we were still losing when I had personally killed 1000+ dudes in the middle of nowhere. Strategic objectives? What are those?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Thanks Master Water Mirror, I will treasure it for sure. :gonk:

For me, Lu Bu? You really shouldn't have. :swoon:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Lotish posted:

I remember when I first played this series way back in the day, I thought it was my responsibility to kill every mother fucker on the field, and couldn't understand why we were still losing when I had personally killed 1000+ dudes in the middle of nowhere. Strategic objectives? What are those?

What game was it? If you'd pulled that off, the early games would 'give' you the map.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I assure you I do not remember which one it was, just that it was very early in the series.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Which game in particular are you playing?

Dynasty warriors 8 empires

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

did anyone else have a lot of problem with getting kanbei's treasure? the drop chance is up to 72% now and i still haven't got it. does the attack that kills him have to actually freeze him or something? most are fine with just having the effect on

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Keep your eye on your map for moving dark red circles and try to intercept them before they get to anything you want to keep. A base, far as I can tell, can't be captured unless an officer is present, no matter how many instant bases/floods/snowstorms/fire attacks/enemy units are there.

In at least one patch of the Japanese version I saw, a base could not be captured if you were still there to defend it, but I know from experience with the American release that this isn't true for us. A tactic to recover base durability might be good to keep on hand.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

blackguy32 posted:

Watch for bowman tower icons on the minimap. Lines on the map will move towards the base(s) they are attacking.

They cause a huge amount of damage to bases if left alone for long enough.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Achernar posted:

Try the Emei Piercers, they're just sick. Or the gloves which are literally Hulk Hands.

On a whim I used the emei piercers, thinking they'd be real short-ranged and focused on loving up a single target.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Largepotato posted:

Watch for bowman tower icons on the minimap. Lines on the map will move towards the base(s) they are attacking.

They cause a huge amount of damage to bases if left alone for long enough.

Whats the range on those towers anyway?

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
The range on those towers is pretty significant, since you can even place it between two adjacent bases and it can easily target both in most cases. OTOH, the Cover Fire Large Scale Stratagem seems to be a full battle version of a tower, so even range won't be an issue if you really don't want to worry about it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Toothache posted:

The range on those towers is pretty significant, since you can even place it between two adjacent bases and it can easily target both in most cases. OTOH, the Cover Fire Large Scale Stratagem seems to be a full battle version of a tower, so even range won't be an issue if you really don't want to worry about it.

I really like the Large Scale fire attack stratagem, at least when I'm leading the army. Once it goes off I can order my guys to charge and they just start tearing through the weakened enemies.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Does anyone play co-op on DW8:Empires? Is it fun?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

I really like the Large Scale fire attack stratagem, at least when I'm leading the army. Once it goes off I can order my guys to charge and they just start tearing through the weakened enemies.

The Large Scale Fire is insanely good for clearing bases because it's the only strategy that just burns everyone's life bar. It can't kill anyone, but as soon as guys spawn their life bars evaporate. Other tactics can hypothetically kill people on their own or damage bases directly, but the LS Fire Attack makes doing it yourself trivially easy.

Lightning Speed is another strategem that is mad good at base clearing, and it doesn't take a two minute timer to start and can be used on bosses. But it's locked behind a Way of Life, so you either need to be sworn Brothers with Sun Ce and hope he gives it to you, or become a Little Conqueror yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Is there any good tutorials or manuals on how to play through the battles on this? So far I got,

1)Murder officers which I am guessing are the named guys on the map
2)and watch for the towers

What about when people ask for help? I also think the map is awful because I can barely make stuff out and I can never tell where to go when people ask for help.