Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

i had a pro tier yak burger in tibet once

i googled yak burgers because I CARE

i'm torn 50/50 between wanting to try a yak burger and laughing at 2003's hopeful yak farmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

i googled yak burgers because I CARE

i'm torn 50/50 between wanting to try a yak burger and laughing at 2003's hopeful yak farmers

im going to level with you the thing i had was more like a yak sloppy joe. it was delicious though so i wish your intrepid united states yak farmers all the best

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

You guys ever had fries cooked in duck fat? So loving good.

Look at this post. So many truths in so few words.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

RideTheSpiral posted:

the true burglord will admit he knows nothing about burgs

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shadow posted:

Look at this post. So many truths in so few words.

how does it compare to goose fat? i cooked a load of duck recently and dipped bread into the tray of fat and it was orgasmic. is it not too strong a fat for a burg though?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

RideTheSpiral posted:

how does it compare to goose fat? i cooked a load of duck recently and dipped bread into the tray of fat and it was orgasmic. is it not too strong a fat for a burg though?

Use it for fries not the burger! :)

I haven't actually had goose. I'll need to correct that.

At least I think I haven't.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shadow posted:

Use it for fries not the burger! :)

I haven't actually had goose. I'll need to correct that.

At least I think I haven't.

ah right. goose fat is the traditional roast potato fat. it is pro-tier potato roasting fat

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
got some grass-fed beef thawed and cooked up 2lb of bacon last night, and whole wheat buns because I am not a childe who needs the crust removed from their sammiches and like a bread w/ flavor. I burg well tonight

post suggestions for additional burg toppings

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just ate a big mac it was pretty good

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Shadow posted:

I like crispy fries like what you get with steak frites or at McDonald's. I've never liked steak fries or thick ones. Too much potato.

Other acceptable sides:
- seconding tater tots (omg)
- onions rings (side or even in)
- good old fashioned potato chips
- comedy carrot option
- potato or macaroni salad

A big slice of Jewish pickle on the side is good if you're getting a diner burg.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The Mad Archivist posted:

got some grass-fed beef thawed and cooked up 2lb of bacon last night, and whole wheat buns because I am not a childe who needs the crust removed from their sammiches and like a bread w/ flavor. I burg well tonight

post suggestions for additional burg toppings

Cheese bacon onion mustard.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Waffle! posted:

A big slice of Jewish pickle on the side is good if you're getting a diner burg.

Absolutely. A spear of a bomb rear end kosher dill. A staple. Depending on the type of burger, I'm even fine with pickles in the burger!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Umami burger

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Corn Thongs posted:

Umami burger

Is dope.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Holy poo poo guys I didn't want to click this but 48 pages on burgers? lol

Best burgers are the ones you can't get locally, id kill for a whataburger right now even though I can get shake shack or 5 guys right now.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah, I want a Hodad's burger so loving badly. :(

E: Going to New Orleans next week for a quick break from the winter. Probably going to stick to cajun, jambalaya, po boys, and perhaps a quick visit to the original Popeye's. Any must have burger joints in the French Quarter worth hitting up?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bought a burger today. They decided it would be a genius idea to scrape the cheese off the burger because they forgot I said "No cheese" until after. :stonk:

just leave it on for fucks sakes dont scrape it off and leave a pile of cheese next to the burger

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LeoMarr posted:

Bought a burger today. They decided it would be a genius idea to scrape the cheese off the burger because they forgot I said "No cheese" until after. :stonk:

just leave it on for fucks sakes dont scrape it off and leave a pile of cheese next to the burger

eat the cheese

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Why would you ever do that?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hey burger thread i didn't burg today but i did make filet mignon and i loving nailed that poo poo so i'm gonna share it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
what are those green things

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

those are a "vegetable". they're these things you eat before you eat really, really delicious food so that you appreciate how delicious it really is by comparison. it's tough but it really enhances the experience

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

burg'd twice in two days. a delicious black and bleu burg from my favorite local bar. really good bleu cheese with a whole bunch of sauteed mushrooms. also that wendy's bacon and blue on brioche burg which was surprisingly good. I highly recommend getting it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

burg'd twice in two days. a delicious black and bleu burg from my favorite local bar. really good bleu cheese with a whole bunch of sauteed mushrooms. also that wendy's bacon and blue on brioche burg which was surprisingly good. I highly recommend getting it

You think you're better than me?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

This guy is doing it right.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cams posted:

hey burger thread i didn't burg today but i did make filet mignon and i loving nailed that poo poo so i'm gonna share it

this looks like one good rear end meal

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

per the burg bylaws it cannot be included in the contest but yea that's a fire looking piece of meat

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

cams
Mar 28, 2003

these are my favorites. they remind me a lot (especially the second one) of the burgers i get from this place called "omega drive in" out in orange, so good.

there's something about a "perfectly presented burger" that doesn't appeal to me as much. give me some cheap, greasy, messy looking piles of burger, cheese, and bacon please.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i'm with ya on the presentation thing

i think this one is up my alley

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

i'm with ya on the presentation thing

i think this one is up my alley

it reminds me of that metal house from the 50s in the Henry Ford museum

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene
I had a Roy Rodgers "Trigger Burger".

Once.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

lol

My cousin and I hit up Plan B in Stamford and I got me a bacon burger with tater tots (!!!!!) made with "some pink"

Wasn't bad! Garlic aioli mayo was a good thing.

Cute waitress too. Insisted I come back for the upcoming bourbon tasting they're hosting. Oh tip culture. :allears:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
given th predilection this thread has with burgs that are just way too much ground beef, perhaps it is time for everyone to open their hearts and mouths to the hamburger steak

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Slap :10bux: down on the counter and burg all day.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Are breakfast sandwiches safe here? Sausage McMuffins with egg and cheese from McDonald's are a guilty pleasure, hash browns also a huge plus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've got a 'tripple ripple' for you.
*accidentally shits himself*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Are breakfast sandwiches safe here? Sausage McMuffins with egg and cheese from McDonald's are a guilty pleasure, hash browns also a huge plus.
not bad but absolutely not burgers. even fancy professional chefs think mcdonalds breakfast is loving bomb (at least michael voltaggio does).

breakfast burgers exist man. in their basic, heartstopping fast food form

(a favorite of mine)

to some of that legit, "praise be to god for granting me tastebuds" poo poo

an egg on a burger might actually be my favorite type of food item.

• Locked thread