Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

No she just won. They caught her off guard a few times because she expected a human was her opponent at first and if she killed her opponent she would be disqualified and not get any money. When they went Super Saiyan they caught her off guard with powerful and fast Ki Blast but she avoided it and figured out who they were and sliced them in half with a Disk revealing they two people. They fought her for a few more seconds before being disqualified and flying off.

Pretty reckless really, if she had been mistaken and it was a normal guy it would have been a gruesome ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

Pretty reckless really, if she had been mistaken and it was a normal guy it would have been a gruesome ending.

Or, hell, if she hadn't gone perfectly in between Goten and Trunks with her destructo disc. Would have made weekends at Kame House pretty awkward.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, just grab the dragonballs and wish them back. It'd take like a week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Eh, just grab the dragonballs and wish them back. It'd take like a week.

It's the principle of the matter, man.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm sure Goku wouldn't have given a poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I still don't know who goten is, relative to the rest of the cast. Is he gohan's kid?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm sure Goku wouldn't have given a poo poo.

Chi-chi sure would.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I still don't know who goten is, relative to the rest of the cast. Is he gohan's kid?

He is Goku's kid. At some point during the 10-day gap during the Cell Games he got conceived.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mabels big day posted:

Gohan's younger brother.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, Gohan's kid is Pan.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

Chi-chi sure would.

She didn't give as much of a poo poo for Goten as she did Gohan.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

mabels big day posted:

Wtf how have people not seen dbz in the dbz thread

How has anyone not seen dbz

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Wtf how have people not seen dbz in the dbz thread

How has anyone not seen dbz

i only saw up to the cell saga. i'm watching the original dragon ball right now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Goten is the boring half of Gotenks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Goten is the dumb but wise half of Gotenks. Trunks is the clever but foolish half.
They become dumb and foolish combined.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VanSandman posted:

Goten is the dumb but wise half of Gotenks. Trunks is the clever but foolish half.
They become dumb and foolish combined.

He is also much more whinny and childish then the Arrogant, Cocky and also childish (but not as much as Goten Trunks.)

According to Piccolo Gotenks other then his power took only the worst traits of his two components. Thus we got a dumb, foolish, whinny, childish, arrogant, cocky hero.

Who ultimately got nothing done in the end.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
He was asking how Goten fits into the Goku family, not literally who Goten is, I think. He's Gohan's little brother.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Piccolo is going to get a big hero moment in Revival of F like the old movies, I hope it's to rescue Pan and or Videl. It be a nice continuation of one of the biggest traditions in the series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, everyone always talks about how Goku is a crappy dad and how Piccolo was more of a father to Gohan, but I can't help but wonder if that was partially because Piccolo never really had a father himself.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

If Piccolo is going to get a big hero moment in Revival of F like the old movies, I hope it's to rescue Pan and or Videl. It be a nice continuation of one of the biggest traditions in the series.

I hope he swoops in and rescues Gohan. Adult Gohan, right in front of his wife and daughter. Then Piccolo will be all "Come on, man! You used to BE somebody." Then the fish jumps.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Piccolo started off his Father of the Year career by kidnapping Gohan and forcing him to learn survival skills on the fly.

I guess he was at least watching the entire time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

projecthalaxy posted:

Which movie is the one where Krillin saves Gohan dressed as Piccolo?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Which movie is the one where Krillin saves Gohan dressed as Piccolo?

The second Broly movie, I believe.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Raxivace posted:

The second Broly movie, I believe.

if abridged gets to that movie I hope they make fun of how there's no reason at all for krillin to dress like that.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

BlitzBlast posted:

Piccolo started off his Father of the Year career by kidnapping Gohan and forcing him to learn survival skills on the fly.

I guess he was at least watching the entire time.

DBZ opens with Gohan loose in the forest about to be eaten by a tiger. Goku is miles away, eventually he uses the dragon radar to locate Gohan's dumb hat with the four star ball on it, being worn by a tiger. Goku plays friendly neighbor with the tiger, only using his grown up voice when it refuses to tell him where Gohan is. I doubt Goku ever considered the tiger could have eaten his child, Goku's experience with nature has always been "animals don't eat people, people eat animals." Adult supervision when wrestling a T-Rex is indeed a step up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

dogs named Charlie posted:

DBZ opens with Gohan loose in the forest about to be eaten by a tiger. Goku is miles away, eventually he uses the dragon radar to locate Gohan's dumb hat with the four star ball on it, being worn by a tiger. Goku plays friendly neighbor with the tiger, only using his grown up voice when it refuses to tell him where Gohan is. I doubt Goku ever considered the tiger could have eaten his child, Goku's experience with nature has always been "animals don't eat people, people eat animals." Adult supervision when wrestling a T-Rex is indeed a step up.

That tiger knew Goku'd gently caress him up if it really ate Gohan.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

LORD OF BUTT posted:

He was asking how Goten fits into the Goku family, not literally who Goten is, I think. He's Gohan's little brother.

Goten is Goku and Trunks is Krillen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Darko posted:

Goten is Goku and Trunks is Krillen.

Whoa, man. Just think about it: have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gohan is Yamcha's son.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zzulu posted:

i'm looking forward to seeing piccolo get owned again

wonder if anything will top brolly's brutal ownage of piccolo, that was ruthless as gently caress

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Darko posted:

Trunks is Krillen.

No wonder the Trunks of that timeline grew up to suck.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

No wonder the Trunks of that timeline grew up to suck.

Kid trunks is basically the result of his upbringing. Being raised by the richest/second richest family in the world (Mr. Satan might have become richer than the Briefs post-Cell) and by Vegeta to boot turned him into an entitled little poo poo instead of the stone cold badass that grew up in a world terrorized by unbeatable cyborgs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Zonekeeper posted:

Kid trunks is basically the result of his upbringing. Being raised by the richest/second richest family in the world (Mr. Satan might have become richer than the Briefs post-Cell) and by Vegeta to boot turned him into an entitled little poo poo instead of the stone cold badass that grew up in a world terrorized by unbeatable cyborgs.

A stone-cold badass who didn't even go SSJ until twice standard Trunks' age.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wait, could Goten still have been born somehow in the Future timeline, or did Goku/Chichi die too early?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

A stone-cold badass who didn't even go SSJ until twice standard Trunks' age.

Vegeta was weak as poo poo in Future Trunks timeline

This is how it's explained, somehow right

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wait, could Goten still have been born somehow in the Future timeline, or did Goku/Chichi die too early?

Goku died of heart failure a few months too early.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Goten was conceived during the Cell Games, so no, Future Trunks will have no Goten to pal around with.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Tae posted:

It isn't really explained, but my pet theory is that becoming a super saiyan allows you to pass the transformation down. (Vegeta in the main timeline would have been inspired by Future Trunks' appearance to become a super saiyan earlier than he did in Future Trunks' timeline.)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tae posted:

Pretty much. The sons inherited their fathers' higher strengths.

In Original Trunks' timeline, Vegeta never prepared for the androids, and thus, didn't power up as much, and Goten was never conceived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, everyone always talks about how Goku is a crappy dad and how Piccolo was more of a father to Gohan, but I can't help but wonder if that was partially because Piccolo never really had a father himself.

I hope there's photos of Gohan and Videl's wedding that show Piccolo being the weird weepy father and being in more photos than Goku because Goku didn't even go.

• Locked thread