Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

yolk dripping down a burger is one of he most delicious sights in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

cams posted:

not bad but absolutely not burgers. even fancy professional chefs think mcdonalds breakfast is loving bomb (at least michael voltaggio does).

breakfast burgers exist man. in their basic, heartstopping fast food form

(a favorite of mine)

At first I thought it was an ok burg, but then I saw the tots on the bottom. Where can I find this burger, and how fast can I clog my arteries with it?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

if i could order a burger on a mcgriddle i would eat mcdonalds a lot

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Waffle! posted:

At first I thought it was an ok burg, but then I saw the tots on the bottom. Where can I find this burger, and how fast can I clog my arteries with it?
carl's jr/hardees. it has been a favorite of mine for a long time and honestly, given how many i've eaten, it is shocking i'm not dead.

it's really, really loving good though. it's obviously awful if you got poo poo to do that day though, ain't nothing nutritious about that poo poo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
why do you people keep saying bleu cheese? its retarded

blue. its a colour. blue.

blue

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Shadow posted:

lol

My cousin and I hit up Plan B in Stamford and I got me a bacon burger with tater tots (!!!!!) made with "some pink"

Wasn't bad! Garlic aioli mayo was a good thing.

Cute waitress too. Insisted I come back for the upcoming bourbon tasting they're hosting. Oh tip culture. :allears:

asking for pink/no pink is weird to me but they make really good burgers and have a really well stocked bar. The philly cheese steak burger and the cheese stuffed burgers are my two favorites. Also their fries are great.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

if i could order a burger on a mcgriddle i would eat mcdonalds a lot

between around 10 and 10.30 you can when both the lunch and breakfast menus are up.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
two patties, monterey jack or american cheese, thick slices of bacon, a couple of sandwich pickles, whatever special sauce you have along with tomato, good quality lettuce, grilled onions and grilled mushrooms

I'm a man of simple tastes

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

cams posted:

breakfast burgers exist man. in their basic, heartstopping fast food form

(a favorite of mine)

I ate one of these once and make mistake of looking at the nutritional breakdown. 1200 calories, 700 from fat.

Speaking of which, it's a real loving downer that here in the people's Republic of California they have to put the calorie totals on the menu. Nothing softens my burger - boner faster than a calorie nanny.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
fat is good for you. calorie counting is for women from the 90s. stop that gay poo poo immediately

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

:captainpop:

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

best bloody mary ever right there. wonder what they do with "world's largest (food item)" once they're done making them?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so I attempted to make a double stack today but as per usual I kinda hosed it up in that I wasn't able to get the patties as flat as I would have liked... I was just using my hands and a cutting board and could not get them as flat as I wanted without the meat starting to fall apart/get stuck to the board/becoming misshapen.

do y'all have any tips for getting patties really flat for making double burgs? is there some sort of utensil I need to use?

still tasted good though. i finally got proper sesame buns. i was gonna try and make garlic aioli but my laziness prevailed so i just used a bit of mayo, cheddar, and lettuce. nice simple burg. would have liked onions too but i didnt have any. all in all, very passable lunch burg.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 7, 2015

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

thathonkey posted:

so I attempted to make a double stack today but as per usual I kinda hosed it up in that I wasn't able to get the patties as flat as I would have liked... I was just using my hands and a cutting board and could not get them as flat as I wanted without the meat starting to fall apart/get stuck to the board/becoming misshapen.

do y'all have any tips for getting patties really flat for making double burgs? is there some sort of utensil I need to use?

still tasted good though. i finally got proper sesame buns. i was gonna try and make garlic aioli but my laziness prevailed so i just used a bit of mayo, cheddar, and lettuce. nice simple burg. would have liked onions too but i didnt have any. all in all, very passable lunch burg.

two pieces of wax paper

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sweet Tea posted:

two pieces of wax paper

:doh: of course! this is why i suck at cooking

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

asking for pink/no pink is weird to me but they make really good burgers and have a really well stocked bar. The philly cheese steak burger and the cheese stuffed burgers are my two favorites. Also their fries are great.

Yeah, having 2 settings must be easier on cooking for volume, but it definitely was weird. I was also told that the fries were good (I hate steak fries/thick fries) but once I saw tater tots on the menu everything went kinda blurry until I had them.

Also had the tomato bisque. Would recommend.

The cheese stuffed burger made me kinda skeptical. While I do like bacon bits or onions or what have you in the burger meat (if you want to call it a meatloaf, so be it), but something about cheese inside makes me instinctively say no.

I absolutely will be having the Philisteak burger next: topped with our Sliced Steak, Garlic Mayo, Mushrooms, Onions & American Cheese Sauce

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So this got me thinking about cheese burgers in a can. So I went looking around the old internet here and found a review.

http://gizmodo.com/351304/cheeseburger-in-a-can-reviewed

...look at the last picture.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Got the burg on this menu had them add everything.

Would again.

Fries were pretty good. Really strong rosemary flavor, was totally into it though. Came with house made ketchup, liked that since it didn't just taste like tomato syrup.

(my wife got the lamb hash and it was pretty goodlicious.)

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
On an English Muffin huh? Hmm... that could be interesting. Buttered though. Has to be buttered.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
i hope we can agree that both thick, juicy burger patties and spatula-flattened thin patties cooked on a decades-old grill top both have their place and can be enjoyable burgs

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a burger on an english muffin large enough to hold a full size burger is an interesting idea. especially if it was toasted and w/ butter

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
this burg will fuk u up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Was buttered and toasted.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

nice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

i hope we can agree that both thick, juicy burger patties and spatula-flattened thin patties cooked on a decades-old grill top both have their place and can be enjoyable burgs

i don't think anyone has disagreed with this, surprisingly.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Shadow posted:

Yeah, I want a Hodad's burger so loving badly. :(

E: Going to New Orleans next week for a quick break from the winter. Probably going to stick to cajun, jambalaya, po boys, and perhaps a quick visit to the original Popeye's. Any must have burger joints in the French Quarter worth hitting up?

no burgs but you need to go to verti marte, it's not a long walk and they have the best po boy

AND it's open 24 hours

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ashgromnies posted:

no burgs but you need to go to verti marte, it's not a long walk and they have the best po boy

AND it's open 24 hours

PERFECT. I've only had the po boys from the place on Bourbon (Killers?). This is just a longer walk and a great way to end a night of hand grenades and debauchery. :) Too bad it's the opposite end of where I'm staying (JW)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sweet Tea posted:

i don't think anyone has disagreed with this, surprisingly.

well tbf we've basically hammered out our definition of burger to 'ground beef between bread but probably nothing that could be considered too close to meat loaf"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in n out burgin' today. it was delicious just like every single time i have ever had in n out. weep, non-in n out havers.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Waffle! posted:

Slap :10bux: down on the counter and burg all day.

Shakes 35 cents and burgers 33? In today's numbers if that were the case cheeseburgers (which are now $1 at Mcds) would be like 3.15 or whatever since shakes are pushing $4ish. Glad the future turned out to be pretty cool after all.

Big Beef City posted:

So this got me thinking about cheese burgers in a can. So I went looking around the old internet here and found a review.

http://gizmodo.com/351304/cheeseburger-in-a-can-reviewed
...look at the last picture.

Haha I didn't see that one coming! Speaking of burgs in a can, LA Beast did an episode a while ago where he ate them. Up until then I had never heard of them before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc5EMEyvFA4

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 7, 2015

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUk8PCXa4E

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

this is mesmerizing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cams posted:

i just got a chub

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Not a fan of bigass tall burgers that end up falling apart. Also bacon that sticks out. i just want to pick the thing up and chow down.

I don't trust supermarket 80/20 shrink wrapped ground beef enough to cook it less than to medium. But if that's all I have I mix in an egg with like a half cup of homemade breadcrumbs and a few tablespoons of milk and mix it all up with 1-2 lbs of beef. Especially on a charcoal grill even a medium-well burger is real juicy and tasty.

Back in the late 70's Red Robin wasn't a huge chain like now and the menu had a section of joke burgers that either were imaginary or gross. They had the "Charlie Brown Burger" on there as a joke. It was a cheeseburger with peanut butter and sliced bananas and I loved it as a kid. The server would usually ask if I was sure when I ordered it.

Seattle is pretty lame in terms of good burger chains but we do have Dick's Drive-In which makes the only fast food burger I can eat these days without regretting it soon after.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
A friend of my father in law apparently processed a cow and got it ALL in ground beef. It ended up costing her more than it woudl have to buy it at the store so she was trying to unload it to everyone. We were nice and helped her out by buying 20 pounds of it. I wish I would have bought it all.

This poo poo is incredible. I never had a problem with grocery story 80/20 before but man I can never look at it the same way again now. This stuff we got is so red it's almost purple in areas and tastes amazing. So far we've had chili and burgers with it and both have been heavenly.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Ew, processed foods

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

Ew, processed foods
You're processed food.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

Ew, processed foods

American cheese slices are delicious on burgers. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

hey

hey

we all agree that burgers rule

let's just remember that

• Locked thread