Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well in SMT news which I'm surprised hasn't been posted yet devil survivor 2 preorders will be coming with a soundtrack cd and some stickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did nintendo stop making the cpp for the original 3ds model? Amazon only has used ones for 40 loving dollars but the xl size is 18 and new.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Real hurthling! posted:

Did nintendo stop making the cpp for the original 3ds model? Amazon only has used ones for 40 loving dollars but the xl size is 18 and new.

Here friend: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...goryId=cat10043

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Real hurthling! posted:

I have one that I can sell you, I don't have an original 3DS any more so it's useless to me.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Bravely Default is mediocre.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Louisgod posted:

If you can rank your love for anime on a scale from 1 to 10 and fall into the 8.5 or higher range you will love the Vita.

Though I'm sure the 3DS is catching up

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cardboard Box A posted:

Though I'm sure the 3DS is catching up

You had 4 Atelier games you could have added to fill out the page. Step your anime game up. :cmon:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I don't know why, but I was totally convinced that Xenoblade was coming out this month. I preordered it and was expecting it to come out this 10th.
It's a good thing I have hundreds of hours left to put into Monster Hunter at least.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Several pages late but since Fred Meyer is still doing the sale on Smash and Pokemon, in my experience Wal-Mart will price match anything if you're stubborn but nice and you show them a real ad. Also you can try checking out in Electronics (where they often just don't give a poo poo and are less stressed) and if it doesn't work take it up front and try there. And if you go in the middle of the night (after 11 PM) it can be really easy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You had 4 Atelier games you could have added to fill out the page. Step your anime game up. :cmon:

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

precision posted:

Several pages late but since Fred Meyer is still doing the sale on Smash and Pokemon, in my experience Wal-Mart will price match anything if you're stubborn but nice and you show them a real ad. Also you can try checking out in Electronics (where they often just don't give a poo poo and are less stressed) and if it doesn't work take it up front and try there. And if you go in the middle of the night (after 11 PM) it can be really easy.

My experience with trying to price match those games:

* Most employees will either lie or are too stupid to know how much stock they have
* Pretty sure I spent more money on gas driving around trying to find a store that would price match and had copies
* I would rather pay full price next time than go into a Walmart again.

YMMV.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Target and Toys R Us will also Price Match for sure. Best Buy might as well.

Also if you want to get SMT4, just wait until it's $15 on the Eshop. It shouldn't be too long from now.

Ugh, how did I get a back log of games, freaking SMT4, MH4, FFT:CC, KI:U, Pokemon AS, a friend's Zelda:ALBW, the last 1/3rd of BD (ugh), Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Zelda Seasons & Ages, and then the last half of both Weapon shop de Omasse and Crimson Shroud. dammit.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

precision posted:

I got TRU to price match for all 3 games. At first they said they couldn't because we don't have a Fred Meyer anywhere even remotely near us and the guy had never heard of it before, but I brought a print out of their online price matching policy with the appropriate portions highlighted and he shrugged and said no problem. It was really painless, but only because I came prepared.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jesus Christ you guys weren't kidding. :ohdear:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can you put games you buy in a brick-and-mortar on an SD card, or do you need to buy on the eShop? Can you pretty much buy all the games you would've bought at the brick-and-mortar on the eShop and just keep them on one spacious SD card?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no, yes

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

fleshweasel posted:

Can you put games you buy in a brick-and-mortar on an SD card, or do you need to buy on the eShop? Can you pretty much buy all the games you would've bought at the brick-and-mortar on the eShop and just keep them on one spacious SD card?

Imagine what would happen if you could do that and then you sold your physical cart.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that makes sense. It's been a long time since I owned a game console, 7 years at least.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcTwOHXdqw

Wonderful

I had to look up what Califia is tho. She's from some book where she's the queen of some amazonian-sorta island of women known as California which is where California got its name. Huh.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It begins.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So if you missed out on the LE consoles you can now own half of one
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550080

Nintendo has black, red, MM and monhun battery covers available for backorder purchase

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
best buy price matched smash bros for me, so i got it for 19.99 and sold the club nintendo code for 21 bucks on ebay

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

African AIDS cum posted:

best buy price matched smash bros for me, so i got it for 19.99 and sold the club nintendo code for 21 bucks on ebay

That's awesome. People are stupid as gently caress on ebay.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I got my Black Wood panel Decalgirl skin, looks drat badass. I can post pics if people are curious.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally made it to gold status on club nintendo! I'll get something for my compulsive buying!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I got my Black Wood panel Decalgirl skin, looks drat badass. I can post pics if people are curious.

I would like to see some. This is one of the skins I've been considering.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Does the new 3ds have higher build quality at all? The XL bends and flexes and feels like such a cheap piece of plastic poo poo, like one of those free android phones they give out.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I'd say the new one is slightly worse. It was noticeable when I first got it and had the old one on hand to compare, but after getting used to it it's not so bad.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I really don't expect the kind of fit and feel from a $200 child's toy as a $500+ cell phone.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it's cheap as gently caress that's why you glue cases to it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

I really don't expect the kind of fit and feel from a $200 child's toy as a $500+ cell phone.

IT'S NOT A TOY MOM GOD

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the vita revision feels about as durable as an empty box of theater candy. the packaging says "not designed to be dropped"

don't complain about the armored fortress, 3ds.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, just the fact that the screen isn't glass (apparently) makes me worry a lot less about dropping it.
Plastic will mar, but it will also flex and bounce back. Aluminum will deform and glass will shatter.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Finally made it to gold status on club nintendo! I'll get something for my compulsive buying!

I don't know how I'm going to survive until the end of the month to find out what the Platinum rewards are, so I can finally spend my coins on something that's NOT a Platinum reward.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

fleshweasel posted:

Honestly, just the fact that the screen isn't glass (apparently) makes me worry a lot less about dropping it.
Plastic will mar, but it will also flex and bounce back. Aluminum will deform and glass will shatter.

And then you drop your 3DS and the right hinge gets hosed up.

:cry:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The Codename STEAM demo did a good job of turning me off it. I don't like anything about the presentation including graphics and sound, and so far all I've done is run down these corridors shooting bugs and waiting too long for them to move about.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hikaki posted:

I'd say the new one is slightly worse. It was noticeable when I first got it and had the old one on hand to compare, but after getting used to it it's not so bad.

Nintendo needs to hire some Apple designers

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

what are you people doing to your game consoles

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the ps vita can handle extensive rubbing

can the new 3ds xl really live up to the ps vita in this design aspect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

African AIDS cum posted:

Nintendo needs to hire some Apple designers

A retina 3DS would be amazing but then again they would probably charge $600+.