Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Old Blood looks amazing, can't wait to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Fuzz posted:

Clearly the solution is for Castle Wolfenstein to secretly be Castlevania.

Final boss fight is against giant Nazi Dracula.

Where can I Kickstart this.

e: a gothic horror themed Blood Dragon-esque Wolfenstein game would own so hard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ahhhhhh! This is the best news. I feel like the end of the trailer hinted at something supernatural.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Beaten by over 20 years

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Fuzz posted:

I'd be foolish not to point out that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (on the DS) takes place in Romania in the 1940s...there's a couple references to the war and the main baddie isn't explicitly a Nazi but we can't say for sure he wasn't. And Romania did have a coup to bring their interests inline with the Axis powers, and then after the game takes place another coup to bring them over to the Allies. Confirmed: Nazi vampires.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I love that two pipes are used for everything in the trailer. He climbs with it, breaks electronics with it, uses it to slide on a zipline, and melees dudes with it. Brutal.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Fuzz posted:

Yodzilla posted:

Where can I Kickstart this.

e: a gothic horror themed Blood Dragon-esque Wolfenstein game would own so hard

Who do i throw my money at? WHO?! :homebrew:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

echronorian posted:

I love that two pipes are used for everything in the trailer. He climbs with it, breaks electronics with it, uses it to slide on a zipline, and melees dudes with it. Brutal.

It's the new laser. Fully upgraded, the pipes will melt people you melee.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I've got Wolfenstein 2009 on DVD. Should I play it with the Retrostein mod on my first playthrough, or is it better to play it vanilla first and then decide?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I've got Wolfenstein 2009 on DVD. Should I play it with the Retrostein mod on my first playthrough, or is it better to play it vanilla first and then decide?

I did my first playthrough with the mod and didn't feel like I missed anything from not playing vanilla.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Asema posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVEpo_35sA

I'm loving pumped.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I mean for real look at this poo poo

Even more pumped.
Welp, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm fully erect.

And it comes out 6 days before my birthday! Best birthday present ever. :kiddo:

Iacen posted:

I wonder if Old Blood is a kind of remakes of Wolfenstein and Wolfendtein 09, since I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of people never having played 09 and being introduced to Catherine.
Of course, the fact that this is a prequel already seems to suggest this...

PAnick, if you get a chance, please post pictures of weapons and creatures like last time. It was extremely interesting!
TNO makes explicit references to the events of RTCW and Wolf09 that seem outside the scope of this prequel, unless we're taking a detour to the X-Labs and Isenstdt at some point.

Fuzz posted:

Check out the book 'The Keep', it's pretty much a proto-Castlevania and it's got Nazis and vampires.
There is a movie adaptation, and despite being directed by Michael Mann and having a killer cast and soundtrack, it misses the point of the book and changes a bunch of poo poo, and not for the better. It's worth a watch, but the book is way, way better.

There's some other "Nazi vampire" stuff out there but I'm drawing a blank on it right now.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The mod makes it a bit harder, but the original game is so easy that you might as well.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Old Blood is great news. I'm loving this trend of high quality but short $20 FPS single player experiences like this, Blood Dragon, and The Order.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sammus posted:

The Old Blood is great news. I'm loving this trend of high quality but short $20 FPS single player experiences like this, Blood Dragon, and The Order.

:mmmhmm:

the old blood dragon new order 1886: gunslinger

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I noticed some video snippets look like settings from RtCW, that snowy mountains really stood out for me on that one

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stevefin posted:

I noticed some video snippets look like settings from RtCW, that snowy mountains really stood out for me on that one
Well it only makes sense since you're returning (once again) to Castle Wolfenstein.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This is amazing news, I'm so hyped. It comes out a week before my birthday too, thanks Bethesda.

kefkafloyd posted:

YESSSSSSS

The best news I've heard all week.

They're even bringing back the tram bit from RTCW (which shamelessly stole it from When Eagles Dare). so you could say that this is The Return to The Return to Castle Wolfenstein. :v: AND THERE'S A NEW FG42!
My favourite part of RTCW was the When Eagles Dare stuff, especially the cable car and TNT, I hope this has copious amounts of TNT to use.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

You have no idea how much I want this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE77bYYjO-Q

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just finished the game up. That was great. Perfect length, took me 20 hours. Story was simple, interesting, only slightly cheesy, and never kept me waiting for more gameplay for an annoying length of time. Visuals were good too (PC, GTX 760 & i5).

I hope some of the people who worked on this are working on the Doom reboot.

I liked it so much I'll probably buy a PS4 copy when it hits $19.99 or so.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Was is ein mann?

Eine miserable stapel der geheimnisse!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Where Eagles Dare. Where. Where.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

DStecks posted:

Eagles also have to know when they need to dare where they dare.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

DStecks posted:

My apologies, I shall go stab a thousand grunts in repentance.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Removing perk trees? Getting new ones? gently caress the demotion tree?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The perk trees in TNO were probably one of the low points in the game for me - They certainly didn't hurt the experience, but it felt like they were there solely because this is a video game and video games Absolutely Must have some sort of character progression. Same thing with the Health/Armor collectibles, really.

Keep the coolest abilities from the trees as inherent skills, scrap the rest, let BJ just run hog wild on some nazis.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I didn't think the perks were that bad. Just about the worst ones were demolition grenades in general are rather bad so until you get the rocket launcher you probably won't get many perks in that tree.

Made a nice change of pace and sort of made it seem like BJ was getting to grips a bit with the Nazi's advances in technology. I never felt like any perks were absolutely essential, and were literally perks. You can already blow up Nazis with ease, it's just these perks make it a bit more fun and interesting.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
My only wish is for them to change the ammo pickup. I read about why they did it, but it didn't convince me at all. All I could think about was how annoying it was to have to pickup every single magazine.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I kind of liked the skill trees other than demolition. They changed up the way I played the game from time to time and it was nice getting a new nazi killing perk each time instead of just a trophy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I liked how most of them reinforced a play style too. Like dualwielding? Kill dudes while dual wielding and get better at killing dudes. Most if them, except some demo perks, where going to happen just through playing the game

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I've pre-ordered 3 games in my life, RTCW, New Order...and now Old Blood.

Ready to kill some loving Nazis.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Head's up: Over at Green Man Gaming, they have a voucher: SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS
It brings the preorder price of Old Blood down to $15.60. Vouchers can't be used along with any playfire credit, so be aware of that.

If you've never used GMG, it's a legit British site, not a key reseller. Living in the US has never presented problems for me, I just use PayPal to buy, but I've heard some credit card companies/banks throw a red flag if they see a non-US site with "Gaming" in the name, thinking it's a gambling thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Humerus posted:

Head's up: Over at Green Man Gaming, they have a voucher: SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS
It brings the preorder price of Old Blood down to $15.60. Vouchers can't be used along with any playfire credit, so be aware of that.

If you've never used GMG, it's a legit British site, not a key reseller. Living in the US has never presented problems for me, I just use PayPal to buy, but I've heard some credit card companies/banks throw a red flag if they see a non-US site with "Gaming" in the name, thinking it's a gambling thing.

Awesome find. Bought!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That trailer really is superb. Totally agree that the end is a total evil dead style joke. Gonna be preordering this since The New Order was one of my GOTY and you can never kill enough Nazis.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The Old Blood isn't the only Wolfenstein thing due out this year, either. Blade Of Agony is looking pretty rad, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBEH8qxpKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzlgicMs50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKyPReSiYgE

Good to be splatting Nazis again.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dominic White posted:

The Old Blood isn't the only Wolfenstein thing due out this year, either. Blade Of Agony is looking pretty rad, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBEH8qxpKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzlgicMs50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKyPReSiYgE

Good to be splatting Nazis again.
This looks fun as gently caress, when is it due out and where can I get it?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Is there any news on the retail release of The Old Blood? I've seen a couple things saying it will come out a week after the digital release in Europe, but nothing for America. PC, for the record.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

This looks fun as gently caress, when is it due out and where can I get it?

Done when it's done. Should be sometime this year, though - progress on it seems to be really fast so far and a lot of talent are joining the team for it or providing resources.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

catlord posted:

Is there any news on the retail release of The Old Blood? I've seen a couple things saying it will come out a week after the digital release in Europe, but nothing for America. PC, for the record.

Get Steam you archaic weirdo.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Fuzz posted:

Get Steam you archaic weirdo.

But the box will look so good next to my other boxes! :( Also I'd like to cut down on download times, especially assuming it takes up nearly 50 gigs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Heads up, apparently Target is selling this on clearance for 11.98 for PS4/XBone/360/PS3. YMMV.

Half tempted to double dip and buy this for my PS4 despite playing it already on PC because holy poo poo was this game a blast to play, and it's cheap :v:.

• Locked thread