Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Firebert posted:

I really hate Kanji's. He looks like a total dork and nothing like Kanji.

I hate to break it to you but Kanji was always a total dork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I somehow missed that they were DLC. Just thought that they were unlockable or something.

Also, all the epilogue designs are cool and good and most contain a reference to their character development which is neat.

Yeah, I like them as well. It's a shame they expect you to pay money to have them, because I'm not gonna do that.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

English subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PDS6Qz5ME

Yeah, that was... that was a thing. A :japan: thing.

What the gently caress is heifer with meat in all the right places? What the poo poo? gently caress it I'm out, later

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

What the gently caress is heifer with meat in all the right places? What the poo poo? gently caress it I'm out, later

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Bravo sir :golfclap:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gaea Rage.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Sorry no one gives a poo poo about you, unnecessary Persona 4 spinoff character #5. (#4 if you count Labrys as necessary, but it's an edge case)

So what awful memories has this one lost?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Probably her morality? Does it even matter at this point. I hope this one gets retconned like PQ was. Wait no I just don't care about the new girl. Everyone else is gonna get rad character development. Though PQ would've been fantastic to not get auto-retconned.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 7, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Her shadow's gonna show up and go "You were actually jealous of Rise all along abloobloobloo" and then we'll dance off to death and everyone will be happy THE END.
Crap now I want all the shadow version party members to show up and dance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm imagining Shadow Naoto dancing in a too-big labcoat and flapping her sleeves around.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm imagining Shadow Naoto dancing in a too-big labcoat and flapping her sleeves around.

Shadow Kanji twerking in a fundoshi.

:stonk:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

This is what happens when man dares to dream. He horrifies himself.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

HGH posted:

Her shadow's gonna show up and go "You were actually jealous of Rise all along abloobloobloo" and then we'll dance off to death and everyone will be happy THE END.
Crap now I want all the shadow version party members to show up and dance.

Hot remix of "I'll Face Myself" called "I'll Dance with Myself"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shadow Chie whipping her pile o' dudes into increasingly bizarre dances and formations. Shadow Yukiko waltzing with Prince Frost while all the other stuff is happening. Shadow Nametame being the blimp that floats over the crowd.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OneDeadman posted:

Hot remix of "I'll Face Myself" called "I'll Dance with Myself"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tarezax posted:

Shadow Kanji twerking in a fundoshi.

:stonk:
If that's horrifying, imagine Shadow Teddie.

He dances around while always staring at the screen with those big yellow eyes, never blinking. :gonk:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Probably her morality? Does it even matter at this point. I hope this one gets retconned like PQ was. Wait no I just don't care about the new girl. Everyone else is gonna get rad character development. Though PQ would've been fantastic to not get auto-retconned.

Nobody but the new characters will get any character development, just like the rest of the spinoffs. PQ doesn't count since they got mind wiped at the end.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Alright with all this Nocturne chat I'm going to give it a try. Most goon recommended MC build?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I believe it's "get Pierce".

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Alright with all this Nocturne chat I'm going to give it a try. Most goon recommended MC build?

Go physical if you're planning to get the true demon ending.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Get Pierce, Don't get rid of Charge. Ever. (I got rid of charge and am having to live with my Hard mode mistakes)

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Get Pierce, Don't get rid of Charge. Ever. (I got rid of charge and am having to live with my Hard mode mistakes)

Please tell me what you got rid of charge in favor of.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Early game, the Tornado skill is very easy to obtain out the gate and very effective against anything that doesn't absorb Force. You'll eventually want to take your MC down a physical route, so get Focus on him as soon as possible. Early on, however, it may be to your benefit to give him a wider assortment of stats--put a few points in magic and agi and vitality, give him a little buffer before you decide if you want to do STR/AGI or STR/VIT. Note that you CAN do a magic-build MC and that'd be fine unless you want the True Demon Ending, which for a variety of reasons greatly encourages you to have a strong strength stat to back up your physical attacks.

Don't bother negotiating with any demons in the Amala Labyrinth.

Fuse Uzume as soon as you can.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
If I've only played Persona 3 and 4 and wanna check out some other SMT games, what would you guys recommend? I liked Persona 3 a fair bit but like Persona 4 A WHOLE LOT so if there's anything similar in the series that'd be cool. I've checked out Persona 1 and 2 briefly but they seemed almost completely different, aside from being set in modern high schools.

I'd mostly be limited to what was on PS2 at the moment, I've got a 3DS but 3DS games are stupid expensive in australia.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just play Nocturne or DDS.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just play Nocturne or DDS.

Are those generally the favourites?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. They're easily the best mechanics wise too, blow P3 and 4 out of the water. DDS is a more traditional RPG with a set cast, where Nocturne has you make your own party with demon fusing and negotiation so start with whichever sounds more interesting to you.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

cat doter posted:

I'd mostly be limited to what was on PS2 at the moment, I've got a 3DS but 3DS games are stupid expensive in australia.

SMTIV is like, forty bucks or something on the eShop. It's pretty cheap, although you might want to try Nocturne instead. Cheaper, and by most standards better. IV's closer to Persona than Nocturne is, but it's honestly not a far trip.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

None of the other games in the series are like Persona 3 and 4, but if you liked fusing demons and the combat system then you're open to pretty much any modern game in the series. Devil Survivor is the closest thing to having s-links but it's an SRPG.

cat doter posted:

Are those generally the favourites?

Pretty much any of the PS2 era games are good. The Raidou stuff doesn't play the same, though.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

FauxGateau posted:

Please tell me what you got rid of charge in favor of.

god I don't even remember. I think it was an elemental spell. which I later got rid of for Fog Breath. It's gonna be a loooong fight with this happening. And I'm fighting the Red Rider so it's a bit too late to just start fresh.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nomadic Scholar posted:

god I don't even remember. I think it was an elemental spell. which I later got rid of for Fog Breath. It's gonna be a loooong fight with this happening. And I'm fighting the Red Rider so it's a bit too late to just start fresh.

That is pretty rough... well at least you got fog breath to help a little.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I am also mid 40s and my points are schizophrenic as gently caress. This is gonna be a bumpy ride to uncle luke.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I am also mid 40s and my points are schizophrenic as gently caress. This is gonna be a bumpy ride to uncle luke.

Can you still do the normal Demon ending? Do the normal Demon ending.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I have literally no idea how I made it this far in going practically blind. The second labyrinth can go to hell. Sleep deprivation + invisible walls do not mix well. 7 hours and 8 levelups later I made it out for the first time. God that was hilarious now that I think about it. I am a trainwreck and welcome to Nocturne.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 9, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Strange Quark posted:

Can you still do the normal Demon ending? Do the normal Demon ending.

Literally the worst ending.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Literally the worst ending.

An ending where the final boss outright refuses to fight you gets points for being funny, and it beats the heck out of any of the lameass Reason endings.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

always go for True Demon Ending.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Luke is gonna taste these hands. As soon as I can get to him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AradoBalanga posted:

Some Dancing All Night DLC costume sets have been revealed, Gekkokan High and P4G epilogue outfits. Also, Never More is apparently a DLC song.

Yes, Yosuke is really wearing flip flops.

The Epilogue outfits are all awful except for Kanji's, but those Gekkoukan uniforms are pretty swanky.

Kanami's cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait so what's the non DLC track list