Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Theme songs are great, OITNB's theme song is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

EL BROMANCE posted:

I always like and enjoy signing along to the most hated tv theme songs. Including Orange is the New Black. And I sigh whenever they go with the short intro for Mindy Project. I'm sorry.

I always liked Psych's theme song. :getin:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New Girl used to have a pretty crappy title sequence, so they changed it.....to this awful steaming turd that's the most cliched "look! pretty sitcom people!" thing ever.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

A MIRACLE posted:

Haha james Van Der Beek? Should I watch this show?

I can never tell when I should take him seriously anymore. That does't mean I don't love the dude.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched the first episode of CSI Cyber and it was funny but not "watch every week" funny. The best bit was Patricia Arquette being the one to change a rescued baby's diaper despite being by far the highest-ranked person in the area because gender roles am I rite

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Bown posted:

New Girl used to have a pretty crappy title sequence, so they changed it.....to this awful steaming turd that's the most cliched "look! pretty sitcom people!" thing ever.

New Girl's title sequence was catchy and whimsical, I enjoyed it.

Currently watching Nanatchka Khan's Fresh Off the Boat, it's hilarious. But this scene where the white kid makes fun of Eddie for eating "worms" hits home. I was bullied as a kid for eating ethnic food aka "worms" and yelled at my mom for making indian food. Wish she was still alive, I'd kill for some indian food now. So kudos to Nanatchka Khan, FOB reminds me of my childhood in so many ways.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

This was the guy that won a shitload of money basically counting cards right?

I'm not quite that old, but I've heard of it.

I don't know what that documentary covers, but pretty much. He memorized the not-so-random patterns on the board and knew where/when to stop so that he would never get a whammy. IIRC he won a pretty good amount of money, but not like go ahead and retire now money. Then he pissed away his winnings on various get rich quick schemes and died of cancer or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harlock posted:

Kimmy Schmidt is great. Titus is the best character.

Titus and Penguins mum are pretty great.

Ellie Kemper is so obnoxiously adorable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Spatula City posted:

I always liked Psych's theme song. :getin:

I know you know that you're not telling the truth.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

lelandjs posted:

Though I maintain that in the pilot Alec Baldwin voiced him because it sounded just like him :colbert:
He sounds nothing like AB in the pilot.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bown posted:

The new title sequence is spectacularly bad. It feels like they gave an intern some press photos and an hour to do it.

Everything, apart from the fact it's short, is awful. The photos change over at different times but close enough to make it feel like it's a mistake. The blue/yellow stroking on the on screen text is horrific.

Genuinely thought it was a joke the first week.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

IRQ posted:

I kind of dislike every Netflix show's theme song/opening.

Unbreakable Kimmy is fantastic though, the 30 Rock pedigree is very apparent.

The opening to House of Cards is good and I never skip the intro to it because I'm a sucker for panning establishing shots and sweet bass lines.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I realize there's a thread for it, but if you aren't watching Kimmy Schmidt you're an idiot.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm so glad that I'm off the whole weekend and can just sit around and watch Kimmy Schmidt. So of course, this is the perfect time for my internet to go down.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I realize there's a thread for it, but if you aren't watching Kimmy Schmidt you're an idiot.

I can't remember if we can empty quote here but this.

I am floored that NBC passed on this.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
But they didn't pass on it. They produced it and sold the broadcast rights to Netflix.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Also, I'm not floored they passed on it. It simply doesn't fit with the rest of what they're trying to do right now, and they can't afford a show with inevitable niche appeal when their ratings are a dumpster fire as is. There's a reason their comedy block has been melting over the past few years in favor of 500 Chicago ______ shows and The Voice 9 months out of the year.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Just to put everyone at ease, I'm gonna do a bunch more heroin.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't you mean Kimbecile

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

less laughter posted:

Don't you mean Kimbecile
No, I do not.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
ICYMI, Kimbecile is what Titus calls Kimmy when she's being an idiot

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

less laughter posted:

ICYMI, Kimbecile is what Titus calls Kimmy when she's being an idiot
Anyone too dumb to watch the show does not deserve the name.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just watched the pilot of Orange is the new Black, is the opening always this long?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yes. I always skipped it after the first time.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kurtofan posted:

Just watched the pilot of Orange is the new Black, is the opening always this long?

Yep, skip it. Same for Bojack Horseman. Kimmy's is blessedly short by comparison.

Mo0 posted:

Also, I'm not floored they passed on it. It simply doesn't fit with the rest of what they're trying to do right now, and they can't afford a show with inevitable niche appeal when their ratings are a dumpster fire as is. There's a reason their comedy block has been melting over the past few years in favor of 500 Chicago ______ shows and The Voice 9 months out of the year.

Honestly NBC is in such a tailspin that passing on an actual good show even if it doesn't mesh with whatever their misguided vision that quarter was is a terrible idea.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

hcreight posted:

Yes. I always skipped it after the first time.

Does Netflix not do that automatically on the computer if you watch more than one in a row?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What kind of awful person skips the Bojack opening its the best part of the show by far

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mo0 posted:

Also, I'm not floored they passed on it. It simply doesn't fit with the rest of what they're trying to do right now

I dunno it seems to fit the brand of "sitcom destined to be cancelled after one season"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Netflix automatically skipped the intros when I was watching Person of Interest and The 100 using a Smart TV, but it doesn't for Kimmy Schmidt. Maybe they make you watch their own?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
With the new, re-cut wire, is the show basically ruined by the re-cuts?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

no

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A handful of scenes in season 1 looks weird like it's zoomed in too close. I think everything else is an improvement.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

Netflix automatically skipped the intros when I was watching Person of Interest and The 100 using a Smart TV

Two questions:

1) This is a thing?

2) Why in the name of gently caress would you do that? :mad:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Nope. I was worried it would be half rear end but it looks better than ever.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mo0 posted:

Two questions:

1) This is a thing?

2) Why in the name of gently caress would you do that? :mad:

1) I know Netflix skips the recap and theme when they're at the very beginning of the episode, but not when they come after a teaser or opening scene (as they do in TUKS).

2) Because when you're binge watching a show, you don't need to hear the theme every god drat time.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Yes you do it's part of the goddamn show and I don't care who tells me otherwise it's important.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Irish Joe posted:

1) I know Netflix skips the recap and theme when they're at the very beginning of the episode, but not when they come after a teaser or opening scene (as they do in TUKS).

2) Because when you're binge watching a show, you don't need to hear the theme every god drat time.

Broken clock, etc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mo0 posted:

Yes you do it's part of the goddamn show and I don't care who tells me otherwise it's important.

Watching the House of Cards opening every time basically doubles the total running time from 39 to 78 hours, that's how long it is

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Band of Brothers opening was kind of cool the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
The only opening I've ever been compelled to skip was the Homeland opening because whoever thought acid jazz made a good soundtrack for a opening is really stupid.

Other than that, though, I don't know any of you people anymore. TV show openings are an art form unto themselves. :(

• Locked thread