Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ramos posted:

Mastery of the Unseen is doing a surprising amount of work on camera. It might be mostly due to the positioning since black and blue have no obvious enchantment removal, but it's been nothing but trouble for the Sultai Control deck.

It's the best mobilization variant in years so that's not super surprising to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Ramos posted:

Mastery of the Unseen is doing a surprising amount of work on camera. It might be mostly due to the positioning since black and blue have no obvious enchantment removal, but it's been nothing but trouble for the Sultai Control deck.

It's actually a lot worse against Sultai Control than something like U/B Control, just because the Sultai list plays a bunch of Sultai Charms, which can kill it.

But it does seem like a powerful card against the right decks.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Any glacial deck with no enchantment removal will lose to it eventually, I guess. Aren't the only answers in UB like a singleton Perilous Vault and Ugin?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Making top eight should have earned you more than two packs, and I can't really think of a scenario where this would make sense unless there were only twelve people in the event or something.

I played in a PPTQ where we had 5 rounds of Swiss and cut to top 8. I lost in the first round of top 8 and ended up with only 2 packs.

E: Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and there were just under 16 people. It was somewhere between 15 and 18 people in the tournament though.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 7, 2015

RME
Feb 20, 2012

This will go great in deforestation EDH deck along with orcish lumberjack

This will go great in my minor alliteration EDH deck

This will go great in my pictures of people wearing bones as jewelery EDH deck

This would go great in my GW Tokens Gavony Township EDH deck but they banned prime time so what's the point

This will go great in my kite tribal deck

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragonslayer is a great place to start for a new EDH deck!

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Uh...Am I wrong or does Enduring Scale lord go infinite with a copy of itself?

That seems kind of good for an uncommon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gensuki posted:

Uh...Am I wrong or does Enduring Scale lord go infinite with a copy of itself?

That seems kind of good for an uncommon.

You're probably missing that it says "another?"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Some Numbers posted:

2 of them + a Bolster card makes them infinitely large (bolster on one > trigger the other > trigger the first > trigger the other > Ad Nauseam)

It's magical-christmas-land as all hell but I'd love to get to do it at pre-release/release day sealed. :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

No, he's right. If you control 2 Enduring Scalelords and one of them gets a +1/+1 counter on it, both of them will get infinite counters. Sweet.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Cernunnos posted:

2 of them + a Bolster card makes them infinitely large (bolster on one > trigger the other > trigger the first > trigger the other > Ad Nauseam)

It's magical-christmas-land as all hell but I'd love to get to do it at pre-release/release day sealed. :v:

Yeah thats a big oversight

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I have two coins whose value is 30 cents. One of them is not a nickel.

Another enduring scalelord is still another creature. You give anything a +1/+1 counter and then they both trigger off of that. Then they trigger off of each other. Then they trigger off each other. Then they trigger off of each other...

Each instance of the ability is a separate instance of putting a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control, and thus triggers another instance of their ability until your opponent breaks the fun and wraths you, or until you time out in mtgo.

EDIT: It isn't even that magical christmas land in the effort it requires. 2 six drops + any megamorph/bolster? I guess the balance is "if you can't win with two 4/4 flyers, you probably could not win with 2 infinity/infinity flyers"?

VV I know it's a may trigger, but you would still want to do it until they had at least power=opponent's life each, and given the interface, I could see that eating up 2 minutes?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 7, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Gensuki posted:

I have two coins whose value is 30 cents. One of them is not a nickel.

Another enduring scalelord is still another creature. You give anything a +1/+1 counter and then they both trigger off of that. Then they trigger off of each other. Then they trigger off each other. Then they trigger off of each other...

Each instance of the ability is a seperate instance of putting a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control, and thus triggers another instance of their ability until your opponent breaks the fun and wraths you, or until you time out in mtgo.

It's a "may" trigger so you can stop at any time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

There's a may clause, so you can just have both go to eleven billion and then stop it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The perfect edh deck, tutor up a clone and the scalelord, go infinite with them and then starts making off the scale puns until the rest of the table throws their shoes at you.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Nice, Chapin v Gerry Thompson about to be on stream at GP Miami.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I missed that the initial post was saying "two Scalelords is infinite." My bad.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

forbidden lesbian posted:

oh let me amend my previous statement; we really did not need a 6 mana worse gravepact
It's an uncommon. Jesus this thread is terrible

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lord Of Texas posted:

It's an uncommon. Jesus this thread is terrible

yeah, i realized that later on after a bunch of other people pointed it out and even admitted that i saw it wrong and thought it was rare, retard.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shut up, more important business at hand

quote:

Legendary Creature - Spirit Soldier
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, bolster 1.

Mai ghost waifu (but seriously this card owns except for the stupid watermark being wrong)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Spiderdrake posted:

Mai ghost waifu (but seriously this card owns except for the stupid watermark being wrong)

That flavor text is a little concerning (apparently the Dromoka are OK with torture?), but that's a pretty sweet ability. Wonder if this helps make Hero's Blade decks more viable.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

this will go great in my kawaii ghosto EDH deck

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

If we ever get enough quality cards to make White Weenie good again, this will be a staple in it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Elyv posted:

knowing sorin, probably the latter

edit: has sorin done anything onscreen? ever?

As Ugin's Construct says, "Ugin learned little from Sorin"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

qbert posted:

If we ever get enough quality cards to make White Weenie good again, this will be a staple in it.

Mardu Woe-Reaper into this followed by Arashin Foremost = swing for 8?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sorin's current theme seems to be showing up and being like 'drat poo poo got hosed' then leaving. Goes to Zendikar, poo poo gets hosed, then to Innistrad, declares poo poo be hosed, goes to Tarkir and declares poo poo is hosed.

Has he ever done anything else? I guess that's pretty white/black when you think about it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

bhsman posted:

Mardu Woe-Reaper into this followed by Arashin Foremost = swing for 8?

That's a hell of a land draw.

Also, on stream, Crackling Doom kicking Silumgar's rear end.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

New card spoiled on SCG?

Dragonlord's Perogative 4UU
Instant

When you cast, you can reveal a Dragon card. If you reveal or control a Dragon when you cast, ~ can't be countered.

Draw 4.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dragonlord's Prerogative 4UU

Instant

As an additional cost to cast ~, you may reveal a dragon card from your hand.

If you revealed a dragon card or control a dragon as you cast ~, ~'s can't be countered.

Draw four cards.

SPOILERS~

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Spiderdrake posted:

Sorin's current theme seems to be showing up and being like 'drat poo poo got hosed' then leaving. Goes to Zendikar, poo poo gets hosed, then to Innistrad, declares poo poo be hosed, goes to Tarkir and declares poo poo is hosed.

Has he ever done anything else? I guess that's pretty white/black when you think about it.

Basically, Sorin is a claims adjuster?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

i like it, it's pretty strong

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I really like Ghost Anafenza.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I just noticed the multicolor uncommon dragon cycle all have names that reference the qualities that the clans in Khans are based on (yeah, I'm slow). Love that flavor!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ghost Council of Tarkir.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

He was draining the life from the eldrazi while they were being sealed, so he helped there...

He also made Avacyn out of moonlight, so he fixed that.

Basically, Sorin solved some things in the past and now he's old and Is Just Done. The reason he seems ineffective in his solutions is just that he lived long enough to see them fail? No solution to anything is ever permanent and complete after all. If Urza was not dead, we'd be mad at him for the phyrexians on mirrodin.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

bhsman posted:

That flavor text is a little concerning (apparently the Dromoka are OK with torture?), but that's a pretty sweet ability.

I don't understand spanish beyond a couple words, but google translates the flavor text as "was tortured by honoring their ancestors; now walks among them" which maybe means she was just experiencing internal conflict over the ancestor worship stuff that Dromoka isn't cool with?\

vvv e:

Fish Of Doom posted:

Why is this a rare? Is it just because Opportunity is too good in limited to be uncommon?

Probably complexity reasons? It's just a lot of text for what it actually does. But yeah, Opportunity tends to be pretty good in limited, so it's understandable if that has something to do with it, too.

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 7, 2015

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Why is this a rare? Is it just because Opportunity is too good in limited to be uncommon?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gensuki posted:

The reason he seems ineffective in his solutions is just that he lived long enough to see them fail? No solution to anything is ever permanent and complete after all. If Urza was not dead, we'd be mad at him for the phyrexians on mirrodin.
I said "current" as in "present" theme that he shows in the storyline. I don't mean he's historically inept, he's actually one of the better balanced characters in terms of success and failure.

Does it count as a success that he kicked Tibalt's rear end? Or is that like holding your hand on a short person's head while they flail their tiny manlet arms at you?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Your spoiler review gimmick loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Starving Autist posted:

I don't understand spanish beyond a couple words, but google translates the flavor text as "was tortured by honoring their ancestors; now walks among them" which maybe means she was just experiencing internal conflict over the ancestor worship stuff that Dromoka isn't cool with?

I think it may be in reference to the old Anafenza maybe? So far she's the only previous Khan to have Flavor Text so it's difficult to say what they were going for.

Also Narset is ruining my plans to collect all the Khans and Dragonlords on the cheap. :argh:

• Locked thread