Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also gently caress me I can't wait to play MGO again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Buy a PS3 and grab the HD Collection. You get HD versions of MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker, and it comes with ports of Metal Gear and Metal Gear .

MGS4 is basically impossible to port to any other system because of the whacked out poo poo they did to get it to run with the Cell Processor and poo poo, so you might as well grab a PS3 anyways. Also you can get MGS1 on there for like 10 bucks from the PSN store and basically have all the good MGS games (except for Twin Snakes and Ghost Babel but they're just remakes of MGS1 anyways so w/e). So you might as well get a PS3 and make it into a Metal Gear system.

3 and Peace Walker are the loving best and I love them forever. Peace Walker especially had no right to be as good as it was, seeing as how it was made for the loving PSP, but god drat it's fantastic. I think im going to play through it again before TPP comes out, I love it that much.

MGS4 had an insane amount of good ideas that were thrown together in a way that made no sense whatsofuckingever

I still love it though

yeah i grabbed the hd collection for x360. so far only gone through 2 but really enjoyed it
vamp's a human being

the only other game i really want on ps3 is the last of us so maybe i will grab one at some point

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
mgs seems real loving stupid, like hey watch this anime bullshit but also play a game with obtuse controls and half baked mechanics. that said im mildly interested in phantom pain as long as the gameplay is cleaned up from its predecessors

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

mgs seems real loving stupid, like hey watch this anime bullshit but also play a game with obtuse controls and half baked mechanics.

agreed although I think my more modern aversion to it has more to do with the fans of the series than the series itself

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mgs seems real loving stupid, like hey watch this anime bullshit but also play a game with obtuse controls and half baked mechanics. that said im mildly interested in phantom pain as long as the gameplay is cleaned up from its predecessors

krispykremessuck posted:

agreed although I think my more modern aversion to it has more to do with the fans of the series than the series itself

This has more to do with us not being teenagers into edgy stuff anymore.

heil hitler

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This has more to do with us not being teenagers into edgy stuff anymore.

heil hitler

like I find the games p. fun to play usually but I don't really get into the story or other wacky poo poo

what I'm trying to say is that gaming p much peaked at contra III

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I hear that the next Contra game will take place in the mid-80s. Serpiente (Gran Jefe) is running is own mercenery unit Militares Sin Fronteras funded by the CIA on the Nicaraguan coast. A mysterious group called the Frente Sandinista de Liberación Nacional have been deployed in-country. Despite the FSLN being equipped with the firepower equivalent to that of a land army, the Somoza government cannot do anything about them because that would not make for a very interesting game. The FSLN presence threatens to endanger the balance of power between the East and West. The game's returning protagonist is Gran Jefe, who is leading a new mercenary group called the Militares Sin Fronteras (MSF). He is assisted in this endeavor by MSF deputy chief Molinero. They are eventually joined later in the game by Guardia leader Amanda and her kid brother, Chico; Paz, a student at La Universidad de la Paz; some white guy named Huey; and French bonerologist Cécile.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The MGS series is something I've always meant to catch up on. I have 2 and 3 on the Vita so I'll play them there, but what's the best option for the first game? I don't have a PS3 anymore, sadly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

The MGS series is something I've always meant to catch up on. I have 2 and 3 on the Vita so I'll play them there, but what's the best option for the first game? I don't have a PS3 anymore, sadly.

mgs1 is on the psn store for psx

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Twin Snakes on the gamecube :v:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Bolow posted:

Unironic answer.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I got that MG2 + 3 set for the vita. Haven't touched it yet because monster hunter.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

backflipping off rockets launched at your face errday

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Unironic answer.

Bought it, played it, loved it. Which is good since I only bought the GC to play RE4 in the first place.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXTPS5pfeFI

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Put your controller on the floor. Put it down as flat as you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jencMtrlty8&t=442s

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Put your controller on the floor. Put it down as flat as you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jencMtrlty8&t=442s

uh idiot you plug it into the other port and also need to have saves from other konami games

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

there are times id like to get another gamecube to play through twin snakes again, but the only worthwhile games besides it on there are pikmin and eternal darkness

Bought it, played it, loved it. Which is good since I only bought the GC to play RE4 in the first place.

this too

twin snakes is a weird thing, with all the nintendo stuff mixed in. the director of the cutscenes was told by kojima to go all out with them, and had to start over halfway through since Kojima thought his stuff was too close to the originals. Thats why you have Grey Fox cutting a 5 foot cube of concrete out of the ceiling and bicycle kicking it at snakes head.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 8, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bolow posted:

I played Metroid Prime on the GC and it was loving amazing.

krispykremessuck posted:

uh idiot you plug it into the other port and also need to have saves from other konami games

"You like Castlevania, don't you?"

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 7, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

krispykremessuck posted:

this guy prolly played it on a mono tv too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzG8Sty9veI

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
welp, that's one easter egg i didn't know existed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:lol: there's more to being a good person than having a stereo tv

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:eyepop:

I think I might still have a GameCube and Twin Snakes somewhere. Gonna have to dig it out and... get a component to HDMI box. Man, that's old, now.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 7, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this guy prolly played it on a mono tv too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzG8Sty9veI

poo poo like this is why I love Kojima.

E:

Colonel, the support beams for Metal Gear's gantry aren't collapsing!

Snake, you know jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Don't forget to play revengeance if you haven't already. http://store.steampowered.com/app/235460/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Don't forget to play revengeance if you haven't already. http://store.steampowered.com/app/235460/

revengeance was pretty good if anime as gently caress

still it's pretty hilarious chopping off both a guy's arms and have him try to kick you in the shins

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Also, don't even bother trying to play it with KB+M. It's definitely a controller game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

thetechnoloser posted:

Also, don't even bother trying to play it with KB+M. It's definitely a controller game.

Definitely. PS3 controller works just fine with MotionInJoy/DS3.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is it good that the only mgs i have played was the 2 of them that used 'cards' for moving/fighting/ect on the psp?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think I'm just gonna try throwing Twin Snakes in Dolphin and playing it that way

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Unironic answer.

It was the first MGS I ever played and it was pretty loving awesome

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

drat it Phantom Pain just get here already so I can start siccing a wolf dog on some dirty muj.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

drat it Phantom Pain just get here already so I can start petting a wolf dog.

Fixed

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

is it good that the only mgs i have played was the 2 of them that used 'cards' for moving/fighting/ect on the psp?

metal gear ac!d 1 and 2

i hated them back in the day but a lot of people loved them, id try them again if they were on psn

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

lookit fuckin bob barker over here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

krispykremessuck posted:

like I find the games p. fun to play usually but I don't really get into the story or other wacky poo poo

what I'm trying to say is that gaming p much peaked at contra III

i love the games in spite of the horrible story

it's kojima just doing whatever the gently caress he wants to because konami has nothing else that makes money so they just let him go, except like in MGS2 when they had to cut out NYC getting hosed up by Rex because 9/11

i feel bad for the dude because he obviously wants to do other poo poo, but when they finally let him he did Zone of Enders and that basically only sold because it had the Tanker mission on there.

At least now he's already working on the new Silent Hill which looks like a mindfuck based on PT.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lookit fuckin bob barker over here

quoting because i laughed irl

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Kojima said that he would be up for someone redoing MGS 1 as an open world game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's kojima just doing whatever the gently caress he wants to because konami has nothing else that makes money so they just let him go, except like in MGS2 when they had to cut out NYC getting hosed up by Rex because 9/11

holy poo poo that would have been amazing

• Locked thread