Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Yawgmoth posted:

I am so much more okay with this than I am with the giant fuckoff monster spider with an army of baby fuckoff monster spiders.

You should watch this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When in doubt, just follow the instructions.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

I am so much more okay with this than I am with the giant fuckoff monster spider with an army of baby fuckoff monster spiders.

Plus that snake looks like it's in torpor digesting something (or dead), while the spiders are in active "feed us now!" mode.

Hm, spider discussion... Liveleak link... I think I'll let someone braver than me click that one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

flosofl posted:

Hm, spider discussion... Liveleak link... I think I'll let someone braver than me click that one.

drink idiots crush somewhat largish spider with wine bottle, baby spiders on mama spiders back less than amused

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's always a good idea to leave spiders alone, you're a lot more likely to get bit when you try to squish them.

If it's a big problem then get a jar and move them.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if theyre too big to ignore and dont cooperate with my catch and release program, they're asking to get squashed. sorry buddy, you had your chance :commissar:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Say Nothing posted:

When in doubt, just follow the instructions.

Bullshit that would last all of 5 minutes before someone painted out the first line.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

YourTaxDollarsAtWork.gif

quote:

This comes under the heading "truth is sometimes stranger than fiction".

That is a TAV-8B assigned to VMAT-203 in Cherry Point. They experienced hung landing gear (repeat gripe on that jet) and contacted base for troubleshooting. The EP involves cycling some circuit breakers, cycling the gear, and requesting visual inspection. If none of that works (which it didn't), you blow down the gear.

At some point, the squadron let the MAG CO what was going on (for what reason, I have no idea). He was worried that if they blew the gear down and the nose gear still hung up, it would crack the frame of one of the scarce T-birds. He directed that the pilot do a gear up vertical landing. It would crush the strakes and probably FOD the motor, but it's better than cracking the frame. He directed the mattresses to be placed under the nose.

When the pilot heard about all of this, he refused to do it unless he heard it directly from the MAG CO. The MAG CO got on the radio and told him to do it. The landing was pretty unremarkable, despite the photos. The damage was limited to the engine (Fodded), and the strakes (crushed). Expensive, but not the end of the world. When they jacked it up, they we able to blow the gear down with no problems.

This is when the story gets even weirder. Once the jet was in the hangar, relatively undamaged, an EZ-go golf cart came flying into the hangar and smashed into the jet, causing some D-level repair damage.

It turns out that LCpl. Schmuckatelli was huffing keyboard cleaner before making his parts run in the EZ-go. He got really dizzy, lost consiousness, and the cart went out of control. It drove directly into the hangar at full speed through a gap in the hangar doors and smashed the jet. Like I said, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. You couldn't make up something that bizarre.

By the way, the Harrier CAN land on asphalt (or dirt, or grass, etc). It just can't do a vertical landing on anything except concrete, steel, or AM2 matting. It will melt right through it. A Harrier at idle, with the nozzles in the hoverstop (down), will make a nice large pool of molten asphalt on a runway.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That's also the one where the mattresses did more damage/fed more and larger FOD to the engine than it would have gotten if it just bellied it, if memory serves. Because the marines should not be allowed to handle anything more sophisticated than a sharpened stick.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 8, 2015

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

How the hell do you go about getting the operator out of the skid steer at this point? Just have them lower the forks and try to fold the tank down, or would you need to try to cut it?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

IPCRESS posted:

How the hell do you go about getting the operator out of the skid steer at this point? Just have them lower the forks and try to fold the tank down, or would you need to try to cut it?

That guy is going to have to live there for the rest of his life. They'll funnel food and water but it's going to be a rough life.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

IPCRESS posted:

you could probably get him out with ladders but the metal pipe is going to have to be cut if you want the forklift back

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

What? No. It slid onto it, you can pull it off of it. Might take a couple guys and another bobcat, but isn't like an end-game scenario or something.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

AKZ posted:

What? No. It slid onto it, you can pull it off of it. Might take a couple guys and another bobcat, but isn't like an end-game scenario or something.

And then it slips over the second bobcat and the circle of life continues.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Uthor posted:

And then it slips over the second bobcat and the circle of life continues.

Time works the same way.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Old school crash tests

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf243Pj0S-Y

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
From my personal collection.:stonklol: (The pictures where incase he fell and I had to try to explain how he died)

http://imgur.com/a/JwLJC

You should really not ride a crank tower all the way up...or ever get on it. OSHA has no influence on the world of corporate entertainment.

By the way, this is what he was riding.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TontoCorazon posted:

That guy is going to have to live there for the rest of his life. They'll funnel food and water but it's going to be a rough life.

It might not be so bad.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

IndianaZoidberg posted:

From my personal collection.:stonklol: (The pictures where incase he fell and I had to try to explain how he died)

You should really not ride a crank tower all the way up...or ever get on it. OSHA has no influence on the world of corporate entertainment.

He looks like he's one particularly vigorous sneeze away from learning a lot more about the physics of lever systems than he ever wanted to know.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

IndianaZoidberg posted:

fffffffffffffffff

Those things are so awful to use when they're just lifting set pieces. Trusting your life to a bouncy piece of poo poo crank lift that won't go up or down smoothy seems like a poor choice.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
:nms:http://i.imgur.com/JuhVO7u.gif

e. i didn't know she dead

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 9, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

whut the fek

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

jetz0r posted:

fffffffffffffffff

Those things are so awful to use when they're just lifting set pieces. Trusting your life to a bouncy piece of poo poo crank lift that won't go up or down smoothy seems like a poor choice.

If was that very reason why he was doing this. There was not enough weight on this one (there where 5 of them holding up a truss) to get it to come in all the way. So he got on it from a ladder, had another guy crank him up then his weight was enough to get it all the way down.

I even told him that I don't know how he got his pants on in the morning because his balls are so big. I would never loving do that. Not a chance.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

What on earth

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

As funny as this looks you may want to Nws that as the woman there actually died.

Story if I remember is a weighted pallet got away from an employee and rode down that ramp and did what gravity and heavy objects do to people.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I

Haruharuharuko posted:

As funny as this looks you may want to Nws that as the woman there actually died.

Story if I remember is a weighted pallet got away from an employee and rode down that ramp and did what gravity and heavy objects do to people.

its even more hilarious now!! :cawg:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Haruharuharuko posted:

It was apparently not a worker or a pallet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haruharuharuko posted:

The gif is fine, it doesn't show her dieing or even bleeding or anything. Sure, she dies later, but everyone dies later.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

This thread is turning back into 'post the snuffiest snuff pics u got'

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

jetz0r posted:

This thread is turning back into 'post the snuffiest snuff pics u got'

[The gif where the guy on the electric scooter repeatedly rams into an elevator door when it closes, but by the time he breaks through, the car is many floors away]

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

[The gif where the guy on the electric scooter repeatedly rams into an elevator door when it closes, but by the time he breaks through, the car is many floors away]

lol

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUstxIZCmWc

Trigger warning: death.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haruharuharuko posted:

And yet you just quoted it?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
what a dumb rear end in a top hat

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

MEANWHILE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=womDBkyuRnE&t=103s

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

I think I heard on QI that there have only ever been 2 deaths from a free fall elevator. Hell, even the woman that was operating the elevator in the Empire State Building survived when a plane flew into it in the '40s and sheared the cables and destroyed the emergency breaks.

gently caress flying. Elevators are the safest way to travel. :rms:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

IndianaZoidberg posted:

gently caress flying. Elevators are the safest way to travel. :rms:

It is finally time for the trans-continental elevator network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Boogalo posted:

It is finally time for the trans-continental elevator network.

Elevators through the earth's core, just tell drill rig workers that they're wimps if they can't run that deep

• Locked thread