Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
At least any painting you do on top of these models will likely be easy to strip off and still have the original paintjob left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'd love to paint my blue A-Wings green. But what if I mess it up?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I really love the blue A-Wings. Ralph McQuarrie rocks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I really like the Prototype A-Wing scheme, but I also really like many of the custom Green Leader repaints that people are doing, so I don't blame them for going for that over the Prototype look.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
So I have all my lovely new S&V ships now and am trying to put together a list. I don't get to play very often at all so I have no idea when I will be able to test it.

Born Outlaws (99)

Boba Fett (39)

Inertial Dampeners(1)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Serissu (20)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Boba as the anchor with the ability to stay put at a critical time with the dampeners and blast away and the others ships to generally wreck stuff.

Any feedback welcome although it doesn't need to be good enough to win tournaments but to at least give my friend, who also plays casually, a run for his money.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

CODChimera posted:

I'd love to paint my blue A-Wings green. But what if I mess it up?
I had the same thought before I tried, but as long as you take your time, it's pretty easy and you can always strip if you mess up badly. I'm a pretty new/bad painter and I managed to get alright results! Although mostly I did it because I have 3 A-Wings (2 are from the standard expansion and 1 from aces) and I can't really see myself ever using 3 A-Wings at once, so even if I hosed up I would still have two nice looking A-Wings out there :v:

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I have a friend who is crazy about A-Wings, what's the best way to get them?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Rebel Aces pack is only $20 on most sites and that gives you an A-Wing and a B-Wing with a bunch of really good cards for the A-Wing, all for $5 more than the standard expansion.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I had some good games today against Tekopo running the following list:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE/x1 (0)

Total: 100

Whisper died twice to rolling four blanks on 5 agility dice, which was a bit annoying, but the list works fairly well. Vader in general is surprisingly good, as is ATC on him, although it's a shame I can't actually fit EU in. Likewise not being able to get stealth devices.

I liked the list so much I'll probably take it to a tournament next month, and have ordered an Avenger from Gosric to use instead of the horribly ugly x1. :toot:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 7, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Thoughts about the games i had with LemonCurdistan:

• The Unavoidable list I had earlier was hilarious to actually fly and fairly effective. Having two PS 10 Pilots is pretty funny as well.
  • R4 Agromech/Blaster Turret Y-Wings (and Kavil) are really good and I think are going to be a mainstay of my Scum lists.
  • I can't fly swarms for poo poo, need more practice.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Is the Imperial Raider coming out before next month or do y'all play with proxies in tournaments?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Don't think the proxies are allowed but our regional is only at the end of may (just barely before the national).

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Oh another thing I noticed in the games: Inertial Dampener is really rather nice, since you can use it even when stressed, which I hadn't realised at first because I didn't read the card properly and kept thinking about the Shuttle full stop option.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

alg posted:

Is the Imperial Raider coming out before next month or do y'all play with proxies in tournaments?

I don't think any officially sanctioned FFG tournament allows proxies, but at my FLGS on casual nights usually people are pretty chill about trying things out that aren't yet released.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 7, 2015

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

alg posted:

This is the question that everyone's been asking for the last three months.

The best answer is "probably not". The Imperial Raider was officially pushed back to Q2 2015 a couple weeks ago. Given FFG's track record of missing their target dates, we can expect it to hit stores in ... realistically, about May.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The regional's on the 23rd of May, so as long as it's out early in May, it's all good.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Have you seen the stats on the Imperial Raider? Four and six red dice for the front and rear sections. That thing's gonna be a BEAST, and I'm looking forward to rocking it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Cobbsprite posted:

Have you seen the stats on the Imperial Raider? Four and six red dice for the front and rear sections. That thing's gonna be a BEAST, and I'm looking forward to rocking it.

:stare: hopefully it costs a shitload of points. the Corvette is basically garbage for its price

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

alg posted:

:stare: hopefully it costs a shitload of points. the Corvette is basically garbage for its price

It's looking like it'll be a hundred points naked. With upgrades, it should be easy to dump half of your total Epic squad points into this one ship.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of the Raider has there been any word or leaks on the pilots or upgrade cards included in it for the TIE Advanced?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Did well at the store champs today. Actually beat Paul Heaver this time. :3: He's doing a pretty sweet scum list that's really similar to the old fat han list. I ran fat han since it's what I'm used to and don't have my new stuff yet. Unfortunately lost the first elimination round so no tokens for me. It was against a 4B list with accuracy corrector too. Eh, still a couple champs opportunities left so I might just get some tokens - and that sweet plaque.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats his Han substitute an Aggressor?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Two people in my group have been trying out slightly different lists of the three named scum Hwks. They're not dominating or anything, win rate is around 50/50 i think. But they are annoying. And they're having fun playing them, if people are looking for ideas.

I tried out the the 3 HLC scyk list today, Serissu and 2 T. Vets with HLCs, Predator and Stealth Devices and it didn't perform quite as badly as I expected (I lost by 75 points instead of 100.) I can't wait to try it out again.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Super excited to play with S&V this week. Just got the most wanted pack and the Star Viper to dip my toe in the new faction . What's people's impression of the Star Viper , out of curiosity (I bought it mostly for the upgrades)?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The Sisko posted:

Super excited to play with S&V this week. Just got the most wanted pack and the Star Viper to dip my toe in the new faction . What's people's impression of the Star Viper , out of curiosity (I bought it mostly for the upgrades)?
I'm really disappointed in it. You can't PtL with it effectively because of it's low PS/lack of greens, you have to fly it very defensively (and even then you are in trouble because of the lack of PtL) and in a swarm its an expensive points sink (although I guess you could take Xizor in a swarm and then he has quite a lot of durability). For a tricked out Xizor, however, you could take a vanilla Firespray that is going to do more damage and remain in the game much longer. It's an E-Wing without a Corran Horn and therefore suffers a lot.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Tekopo posted:

I'm really disappointed in it. You can't PtL with it effectively because of it's low PS/lack of greens, you have to fly it very defensively (and even then you are in trouble because of the lack of PtL) and in a swarm its an expensive points sink (although I guess you could take Xizor in a swarm and then he has quite a lot of durability). For a tricked out Xizor, however, you could take a vanilla Firespray that is going to do more damage and remain in the game much longer. It's an E-Wing without a Corran Horn and therefore suffers a lot.

If nothing else, it looks great hanging from my rear view mirror.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

Whats his Han substitute an Aggressor?
No. Several people have been using Kath as the new anchor. Her ability paired with EU is incredibly good and there are several ways to make use of it. Someone even had an HLC so it shoots 4 regardless. He was still getting used to it so I managed to slip Han to its side and blew it out from there.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I really like Kath. I was thinking of having Outmaneuver with her but I think it might be better to get VI and bid for initiative. I want to run her with Kavil with a blaster turret/a4 agromech and a syndicate y-wing with blaster turret/agro mech: lot's of hit points and a nice amount of reliable damage.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Technically Kath's ability is all but unusable, since Scum Firesprays can't fire out of their rear arcs. Check the rules: in order to shoot your primary weapon out of an auxiliary arc, you need the Primary Weapon icon with chevrons on the top and bottom, which none of the Scum pilot cards have.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

Technically Kath's ability is all but unusable, since Scum Firesprays can't fire out of their rear arcs. Check the rules: in order to shoot your primary weapon out of an auxiliary arc, you need the Primary Weapon icon with chevrons on the top and bottom, which none of the Scum pilot cards have.

FFG. :allears:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

That's got to be an graphic design oversight. Their Firespray flight stand tokens show the rear fire arc, don't they? (I don't have the MW pack yet, so I can't check to confirm).

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah it does, but the card doesn't.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oh, huh. Guess we never checked the cards. I thought those were just similar to reminder text on magic cards.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Yeah it does, but the card doesn't.

So does the lack of the chevrons on the card actually mean that the scum Firepsray pilots have no rear fire arc?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes. The rules specifically state they must have that icon which is only present on ship cards. There is an open game design area where you might want to print the rear arc but not give it primary rear arc, like a special ability that said a ship can fire secondary weapons from the rear only.

I already asked some people who know the right FFG contact persons to get it cleared it. Not being lax about the rules is how we keep a tight system and not become like bad GW games where "rules as intended" becomes an accepted argument.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It means they goofed on the card art this isnt some sorta of gotcha trick they pulled during design

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Until they FAQ it, that's the rules. Is that an unreasonable position? We know scum y-wings != rebel y-wings. How are we to know the designer's intent for the fires pray?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
And if you want to pick that nit, the FAQ says that if it has the auxiliary arc printed on the base token, then it also has the symbol on the card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, so? FAQ says the icon is needed to fire from the rear arc. Ike I said there's plenty of design space open to give ships the printed arc but without the ability like what I said above. I was ignorant on this matter and played Paul as if it did. But I will vehemently defend tight rules so we get a good game out of it, and not 40k poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The point I was making is that the FAQ says you have to have the icon, but it also says that if you have the arc, you always have the icon. To have that design space, they'll also need to change the current rules.

• Locked thread