Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
One Bad Mother is also pretty great if you have any kids younger than five. It's ridiculously relatable. You'll have to be able to handle the loud Alabama woman, but that's not a problem for me since I'm from Alabama anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

wafflesnsegways posted:

And Flop House is really funny and the hosts have great chemistry. And when they actually do talk about movies, they have interesting things to say about them, although that's only 5% of the running time of the show.

Thats actually why I like How Did This Get Made more. They really stay true to the name of the podcast by examining it from a filmmakers perspective and also are generally emotionally honest about how the movie makes them feel. I listen to enough riffing podcasts that something with a little integrity and insight is nice, though I am a sucker for jizz jokes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I listen to HDTGM because I love June and agree with her analysis 75% of the time and crack up at Manzoukas bring a total dick all the time. I listen to flophouse cause I love their little improv tangents.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

I listen to HDTGM because I love June and agree with her analysis 75% of the time and crack up at Manzoukas bring a total dick all the time. I listen to flophouse cause I love their little improv tangents.

How do you feel about monkey actors?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm all for them so long as they're willing to pay SAG dues.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drunkboxer posted:

Monkeyshines gotta get paid.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Drunkboxer posted:

As long as they stay clear of the porthole of time. There's so many other things they could be doing, why mess with the windows?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Fitzdog Radio is slowly becoming one of my favorite podcasts. The last two episodes with TJ Miller and Kirk Fox were especially good.
Seconding this. It went from being something I listened to when I was out of everything else and didn't recommend (other than like the Kroll episode and a few others) but now I recommend it.

There is a creep factor (bringing up feet and his wife's bra size all the time is part of it but it's deeper than that, too) but the interviews are really good. The interviewee gets a lot of room to give a version of his or herself and Fitzsimmons has really good questions/input and is honest. Most of the guests are really sharp and honest, too, and with those who aren't well you get to see that. (I "get" Pauly Shore, now; wasn't a fan before and now even less of one!)

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I had the same reaction to FitzDog except it was a while ago before my podcast subscription list got really silly (btw, thanks for that, This Thread). If you are new to the podcast, go back to any Galafianakis episode or Natalie Maines (or the one with both :v:). Sadly, I don't think I can ever go see him live. Despite my partner enjoying the podcast also, we're not super keen on having her specific ethnicity guessed as part of a bit.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

pangstrom posted:

There is a creep factor (bringing up feet and his wife's bra size all the time

And his big dick, he loves to talk about that.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhat related, but I just learned that Rogan filmed his podcasts and put them up on YouTube while searching for Fitzsimmons. That man looks like he's battling cancer or just escaped from somewhere evil, especially in comparison to Rogan.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
If you want to hear Todd Glass lose a million dollar bet about duvets check out today's Stop Podcasting Yourself.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

If you want to hear Todd Glass lose a million dollar bet about duvets check out today's Stop Podcasting Yourself.

I was cringing through his bet talk, he was so drat adamant.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

WoG posted:

I was cringing through his bet talk, he was so drat adamant.

I love when Dave seems exasperated, the last Jon Dore episode was especially good for that.

Mollymauk fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 13, 2015

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I Wish I Was A Meadow.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Berzerker posted:

I Wish I Was A Meadow.

I've drat near got that poem memorized, I've listened to it so many times.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Snowy posted:

And his big dick, he loves to talk about that.
Was going to say he didn't use to talk about that, then suddenly did for a few episodes, and I haven't heard about it since. Then I thought "who cares" and didn't post.

And good thing I didn't because lotta dick talk today with poor Sasso.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Stop Podcasting Yourself has been particularly strong the last couple months. Having a kid has just made Dave grouchier and more hilarious.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Agreed. Also did I ever make a post about this place I ate at in Appleton, Wisconsin?

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

Agreed. Also did I ever make a post about this place I ate at in Appleton, Wisconsin?

How were the pancakes?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I heard they flip them with a snow shovel.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a huge fan of "With Special Guest" with Lauren Lapkus but I'm already sold on the latest ep Me 2 I'm Talkin U2 To U with Andy Daly. And I haven't even listened to it yet.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mollymauk posted:

I liked the episode overall but good god the loving hotel thing.

e: also this week's episode of WITS was really good.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I liked the episode overall but good god the loving hotel thing.
I'm about as entertained listening to comedians complain about hotels as they would be listening to me complain about CSS. You'd think they'd know better, who does this stuff connect with?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Can you imagine... if Mandy Patinkin was a horse?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Drunkboxer posted:

Can you imagine... if Mandy Patinkin was a horse?

Can you imagine if Bob Odenkirk was a critically acclaimed dramatic actor?

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
So I heard about F-Plus being discussed somewhere and listened and enjoyed it so came across this thread to see what else there was around and as i started i realised a lot of this stuff is out of date, because this thread is nearly 5 years old.. Maybe due for a new one?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
At some point, Greg and Dave stopped referring to the upcoming live Walking the Room as a reunion, and started referring to it as the final Walking the Room episode.

Really curious to hear what happens.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

wafflesnsegways posted:

At some point, Greg and Dave stopped referring to the upcoming live Walking the Room as a reunion, and started referring to it as the final Walking the Room episode.

Really curious to hear what happens.

I think its just both moved on with their lives (and the podcast relied on bad/weird things happening to them). I loved the podcast but they aren't the same people they were when it started.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think its just both moved on with their lives (and the podcast relied on bad/weird things happening to them). I loved the podcast but they aren't the same people they were when it started.

I like the dollop but haven't ever listen to Walking the Room. Is there a classic episode I could listen to?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like the dollop but haven't ever listen to Walking the Room. Is there a classic episode I could listen to?

I think the first one with Kyle Kinane is good. (#69) but thats just because I listened to it recently randomly, and I really like Kinane. I can't really remember which bits are in which episode. #81 with Patton had a good long story (but awful intro). I'd probably just avoid around the 140s because thats when the show almost ended. Maybe one of the other guest ones if you like the guests.

The first episode I heard was #43 and that was good enough to hook me for the 3ish years it lasted after that.

Edit: #82 has one of my favorite stories from the run on it.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 2, 2015

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Drunkboxer posted:

Start at #18 and keep going.

Short list: 18, 23, 48, 51, 73 and 75 to name a few.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
The first 10 have really bad audio. Otherwise they're all pretty good, although they did start to run out of steam near the end. I think their first year was really great, though, from like 10-50 or something.

#19 is where they first talk about Dave's neighbor Crickets with 19 vaginas. And #46 is the one where Greg coined the term corn-doggin.

The ones with Patton are all great, and same with Kyle Kinane, but I feel like proper Walking the Room is just the two hosts.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I recently started listening to WtR from the beginning while I'm getting stuff done. It was probably a foolish undertaking.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ChickenArise posted:

I recently started listening to WtR from the beginning while I'm getting stuff done. It was probably a foolish undertaking.

Foolish, or brilliant? How you get to be corndoggin' when you know you got frien'?

There will always be a place in my heart for Walking the Room. Also, get the live episode with Dave Holmes for the Greatest Story Ever Told.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
That story is insane. None of the other guests were very happy to follow it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

What is the Dave Holmes story anyway? I never bought the live episodes but I hear it's wildly vile.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Dave Holmes story has to be heard and is entirely worth the one dollar you cheap bastards. Like explaining the story just demeans how loving amazing it is. If it helps I will say it was from his time as a VJ for MTV.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Does anybody remember what episode of YMIW this is? Pete asks what's the hardest you've ever laughed and the guest talks about seeing Kingdom of Heaven with his brother alone in a theater with one other person. The movie begins with a sweeping epic shot of Jerusalem and when the music cuts, the other guy loudly says BAGHDAD. Pretty sure it was in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
So the Walking the Room reunion hasn't come out yet, but a live TOFOP with Greg and Dave has, and Greg truly has horrible luck. He has what sounds like a serious illness, possibly stomach cancer, and has cancelled all of his shows to fly back to the US for surgery. And the doctors have put him on painkillers, which must be tough given his history. It's awful, I hope he recovers quickly.

• Locked thread