Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mdemone posted:

California's legalizing next year, no matter what happens or who's on the ticket.

It would have been legalized years ago if the people pushing the amendment didn't decide the 2010 midterm, wave election was the best cycle to put it on the ballot :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I suppose if you put everyone who was guilty of prescription drug crimes in Florida in jail there would be no such thing as Florida.

It's a penile colony.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

Supporters of Rick Perry have launched the Opportunity and Freedom PAC.

Opportunity, Freedom, and, uh...

oops.

Chamale posted:

The Party Un-Conservative Activities Committee.

SedanChair posted:

Jeb should really avoid losing any weight because the resemblance to his brother is already kind of freaky from some angles.

Obviously, he wants Will Ferrel doing more guest spots on SNL in the immediate future.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Walker would be the perfect candidate for the establishment if he want such a buffoon. As far as I can tell he doesn't have any strong convictions about anything and will just do whatever they want

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That thing I kept saying was going to happen is going to happen. The Kentucky GOP leadership signed off on a caucus for the 2016 nomination, which will allow Rand to run for Senate on the primary ballot while running for President simultaneously.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Joementum posted:

That thing I kept saying was going to happen is going to happen. The Kentucky GOP leadership signed off on a caucus for the 2016 nomination, which will allow Rand to run for Senate on the primary ballot while running for President simultaneously.

I thought the Kansas GOP hated Rand's guts.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

TARDISman posted:

Fortunately for Rand, the Kansas GOP don't factor into this.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TARDISman posted:

Every person in the GOP hates every other person in the GOP. The party is fueled entirely by hatred and criticizing literally everything, especially each other, of not being conservative enough. They're all trying to achieve a fantasy version of Reagan that is even more conservative than the real Reagan was. As soon as somebody gets close the bar moves further right.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tables have been moved out of the Cedar Rapid Pizza Ranch to fit an double-capacity crowd in for a speech from Jeb.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

So was Al Gore Speaking in Iowa or just speaking in Iowa? What are his thoughts on Almighty Maize?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Tables have been moved out of the Cedar Rapid Pizza Ranch to fit an double-capacity crowd in for a speech from Jeb.

Yes, but will he eat the pizza there?

ABC News posted:

In Iowa this weekend, everyone will be listening closely to what comes out of Jeb Bush’s mouth, but they should also be paying attention to what he puts in it.

Last month, Bush revealed he follows the Paleo diet -- a strict regimen of eating only what our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate: vegetables, meats, seafood, fruits and nuts.

“Continue to pray that I stick on this Paleo diet where my pants fall down,” Bush told donors in Tallahassee in February. “Perpetually starving to death apparently is the source of losing weight.”

But in a state famous for such delicacies as deep fried Oreos and funnel cake served up every year at the Iowa State Fair, Bush may have a major culinary conundrum on his hands.

On this, his first trip to the Hawkeye State since 2012, he will face a veritable buffet of temptations -- whether it’s baby back ribs drenched in barbecue sauce at Jethro’s BBQ ‘n Jambalaya in Waukee (the restaurant doesn’t offer Paleo-friendly sauces, ABC News checked) or snacking on a cheesy slice at the Cedar Rapids Pizza Ranch, an iconic Iowa-based restaurant chain that countless politicians frequent.

When asked, a spokesman for Bush could not immediately say whether the former governor will break the Paleo rules and indulge, or stick to his diet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rygar201 posted:

So was Al Gore Speaking in Iowa or just speaking in Iowa? What are his thoughts on Almighty Maize?

Al gore was quoted as saying earlier "I have ridden the mighty corn kernel!"

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

So you're saying he's already lost Ohio.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, don't worry, he's been making a point to tell everyone that he's doing the Paleo diet, which I think is step 1 in doing a fad diet.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

As one fascinated by what a fixture Pizza Ranch appears to be in Iowa presidential politics, Jeb can probably have chicken and green beans and/or corn; possibly some mashed potatoes depending on how much he wants to pander.

Jesus, this process starts way too early. :smith:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ha ha paleo. Is there any aspect of Jeb that isn't a joke?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Good Citizen posted:

All the money he's getting

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

“Perpetually starving to death apparently is the source of losing weight.”

Did he actually say this? What a stupid gently caress. Of course it won't actually hurt him, but still.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

On last nights VICE on HBO, they focused on the issue of climate change deniers and the mounting evidence on why they are dead wrong.

Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were all given soundbite interview including Perry saying this

quote:

“Calling CO2 a pollutant is doing a disservice the country, and I believe a disservice to the world,”

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Good Citizen posted:

I am pretty sure I read he has Chrohn's disease. Maybe he has a restricted diet and doesn't want to call attention to his health.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Maybe Jeb really is the smarter Bush brother and this is just his plan to get out ahead of the crazy train for once, going palaeolithic is the ultimate form of regressive politics.

"gently caress it, let's just reject all of civilization since 10,000 BC."

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Lancelot posted:

your understanding of the intricacies of American politics is truly breathtaking

thanks, I appreciate that

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

On last nights VICE on HBO, they focused on the issue of climate change deniers and the mounting evidence on why they are dead wrong.

Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were all given soundbite interview including Perry saying this

Maybe Perry is secretly a plant.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

deoju posted:

I am pretty sure I read he has Chrohn's disease. Maybe he has a restricted diet and doesn't want to call attention to his health.

His brother Marvin has Crohn's, I didn't see anything about Jeb. The thing about Crohn's is when it is well controlled, you can lead a relatively normal life. Obviously, that can change. But I think if he did have it, as long as he's kept it under control, I think it shouldn't come up too much.

Plus, Eisenhower had Crohn's disease, so I think if it was good enough for Eisenhower, it shouldn't be problematic for any other presidents. Kennedy also had it, but we don't want to put any focus on Kennedy's health.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I was curious about this quote, so I went and looked it up; I mean, hey, it's possible Perry might have been taken out of context, right?

quote:

“Based on what I consider to be science that is not settled, calling CO2 a pollutant is doing a disservice to the country, a disservice to the world,” [Perry] said. “I’m substantially more concerned about Iran changing the temperature in New York than some 50-year role that could be played by environmental choices made today.”

:cripes:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

He'll scrape the toppings into a bowl while lecturing attendees on the evils of bread.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DaveWoo posted:

I was curious about this quote, so I went and looked it up; I mean, hey, it's possible Perry might have been taken out of context, right?

:cripes:

Uhhhh excuse me Rick Perry but Iran's use of nuclear weapons would cause global cooling

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cemetry Gator posted:

Plus, Eisenhower had Crohn's disease, so I think if it was good enough for Eisenhower, it shouldn't be problematic for any other presidents. Kennedy also had it, but we don't want to put any focus on Kennedy's health.

Bummer about Ike, he thought a heart attack was just a usual bout of the Crohn's.

Kennedy had Addison's disease and some other endocrine/autoimmune poo poo which probably contributed to his hosed-up back. Crohn's on top of that must have been utter hell.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Uhhhh excuse me Rick Perry but Iran's use of nuclear weapons would cause global cooling

Severely localized warming though :v:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Lindsey Graham said on Meet the Press this morning that he has never sent an email.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Overwhelming scientific consensus on climate change? Nope, sorry, science isn't 100% settled yet, not gonna do a drat thing

Remote, practically nonexistent possibility of Iran using a nuclear weapon against the US? WE CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE :supaburn:

Joementum posted:

Lindsey Graham said on Meet the Press this morning that he has never sent an email.

And I believe him.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Severely localized warming though :v:

If global cooling, why is it warm here?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Internet Webguy posted:

Some sort of vegetable.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Internet Webguy posted:

It took me a second to figure out if you meant plant as in "Agent provocateur" or plant as in "Broccoli".

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

How old is he? I remember when Ben Nelson admitted he'd never used an ATM, but he was 80-something at the time. Lindsey's in his 60s, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Graham turns 60 later this year. He also still uses a flip phone and his twitter handle is @GrahamBlog.

If you go to his website, the actual Graham Blog is just his office's press releases.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The X-man cometh posted:

How old is he? I remember when Ben Nelson admitted he'd never used an ATM, but he was 80-something at the time. Lindsey's in his 60s, right?

59 and has been working in government since 1995. He's apparently one of those assholes who is young enough that they should know how to use a computer but refuses to because they never won at Pong when they were kids.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cemetry Gator posted:

His brother Marvin has Crohn's, I didn't see anything about Jeb. The thing about Crohn's is when it is well controlled, you can lead a relatively normal life. Obviously, that can change. But I think if he did have it, as long as he's kept it under control, I think it shouldn't come up too much.

30% of Americans are trying to avoid gluten, even though there's no medical benefit in doing so. Crohn's might be popular among the delusional people who think they have a gut disease.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
It's not impossible that he has Crohn's, autoimmune disease is more prevalent in developed countries. The main issue here is that he'd be more likely to find relief by infecting himself with some hookworms than by eating a "paleo" diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
More like New GRAHAMshire, right?

• Locked thread