Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

This seems to be the German OP:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORUZ8KOeXs

The video is apparently the leaked German audio mixed with the dub promo Konami showed at a con recently. Synchs up too well to be fake, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This dub is probably going to be bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Uh, hi there Royal Magical Library. I had forgotten you were a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwpS2dPTUI

The Igknights sure are shaping up to be something...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

How can you not like Igknights?

I love this guy in particular.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh no I didn't mean it like that. They seem like an interesting archetype with plentiful of deck building potential, much more so than I had initially anticipated. I am however a tad worried they are going to get other cards to reappear on the ban-list. :v:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Hey, is there anyway to make Elemental Heroes not garbage, or should I just look for something else? I got devpro working, but staring at the deck creation screen has just revealed I have no idea what I'm doing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Agent Rush posted:

Hey, is there anyway to make Elemental Heroes not garbage, or should I just look for something else? I got devpro working, but staring at the deck creation screen has just revealed I have no idea what I'm doing.

Mask Change, Bubble-man, Shadow Mist and above all Dark Law. There are plenty of ways to go from there but that is the core of any competitive elemental hero deck at the moment.

EDIT: For example,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR9m8vUFMTw

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Summoner Monk is pretty useful too. And if Stratos ever gets off the ban list, he's a necessity. As a general rule, the manga Heroes are far superior to the anime ones, with a few exceptions.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 7, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So are burn decks things you can actually use competitively or are they mostly a niche troll deck.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

So are burn decks things you can actually use competitively or are they mostly a niche troll deck.

They're doable, but most players Side-Deck cards that can shut them down completely. Anti-Heal Burn is really viable, though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah nurse burn is pretty much the only one that is viable for now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Agent Rush posted:

Basic Jaden-style E-HEROs? not a chance.
But there is some much HERO support that it's hard to see where to start.

I'd say use Masked Heros. They're all fusion mosnters that are summoned with * Change quick play spells: Form change, Mask Change and Mask Change II. They all have some really nice effects, one of the better being Dark Law who makes all cards going to the opponents grave banished instead, and frankly that's amazing and shits on most archetypes barring ritual beasts. So sprinkle some Masked Heros into the deck.

And they're all Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/that sorta thing themed so it's all good.

Oh and E-hero Shadow Mist searches * change spells and any HERO in deck.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 7, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I am going to watch it and potentially enjoy it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Basic Jaden-style E-HEROs? not a chance.
But there is some much HERO support that it's hard to see where to start.

I'd say use Masked Heros. They're all fusion mosnters that are summoned with * Change quick play spells: Form change, Mask Change and Mask Change II. They all have some really nice effects, one of the better being Dark Law who makes all cards going to the opponents grave banished instead, and frankly that's amazing and shits on most archetypes barring ritual beasts. So sprinkle some Masked Heros into the deck.

And they're all Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/that sorta thing themed so it's all good.

Oh and E-hero Shadow Mist searches * change spells and any HERO in deck.

Also, Mask Change II lets any monster you own become a Masked Hero, so you can run any splashable monster without it loving up your deck, such as the aforementioned Summoner Monk or some of the Fluffal monsters.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Not only is Royal Magical Library a thing, it's the life and blood of any decent Exodia deck nowadays.

I once dueled a guy who equipped to it a Broken Bamboo Sword and proceded to spam Golden Bamboo Sword. I don't remember if I beat him or not, but I remember that he ended up with something like 10 cards in his deck.

Beef Waifu posted:

What I'd really like to know is why is the German dub apparently coming up first. Is there a huge demand for Yu-gi-oh there?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah nurse burn is pretty much the only one that is viable for now.

What makes nurse burn better than chain burn?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Not only is Royal Magical Library a thing, it's the life and blood of any decent Exodia deck nowadays.

I once dueled a guy who equipped to it a Broken Bamboo Sword and proceded to spam Golden Bamboo Sword. I don't remember if I beat him or not, but I remember that he ended up with something like 10 cards in his deck.

What I'd really like to know is why is the German dub apparently coming up first. Is there a huge demand for Yu-gi-oh there?

It seems to be literally the only place that's actually airing the dub on TV - it'll air online everywhere else - so most of this stuff they're getting from previews or tv guides.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What makes nurse burn better than chain burn?

Much more consistent and bursts like hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvDWqKqIvE

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

:stare:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

what's the episode of gx season 4 where Judai gets stoned?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

They would not be so cruel as to offer us the juicy fruit of a female character relevant to the plot, only to kick it out of out mouths with a spiked boot just as we begin to taste its pulp.

...would they?

Aki says you better loving believe it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheKingofSprings posted:

Croooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :argh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Aki was a boring character as soon as she became part of the team. That ship might as well have been DOA even before Crow showed up.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

TheKingofSprings posted:

I actually had a discussion with someone about it, and we're both afraid Dennis might become the new Crow. Really absurdly good meta level archetype? Well look a few posts up and see the revealed Entermages. Smug and built up? Portrayed as better than the current side characters?

That said, at least Entermages look interesting, sorta.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Haven't seen 5D, was Aki really built up like Yuzu? At this point in time, it seems like Yuzu's going to be the one spearheading any kind of advancement of the plot, since she's talking to Serena, and she's had an actual character development arc.

I just really don't want to see them gently caress this up. :( It's not that hard! Just have her do things!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Momomo posted:

Haven't seen 5D, was Aki really built up like Yuzu? At this point in time, it seems like Yuzu's going to be the one spearheading any kind of advancement of the plot, since she's talking to Serena, and she's had an actual character development arc.

Not to the exact same level, but she had her own entire arc, and was portrayed as one of the best duelists in the world before she joined the team. She was this big badass everyone was afraid of, and then had this huge arc where her and friends take down these bad guys, and then she stopped being relevant.

Note: I watched 5Ds back when it was new using subs, so I don't remember the specifics, might be incorrect?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At this point in 5D's, Aki was already starting to cede time to Crow, whereas Yuzu's plot importance is just going higher and higher, so you can probably rest somewhat easy.

There's also all that, y'know, cult crap that happened to 5D's that probably won't happen to Arc-V.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Momomo posted:

I just really don't want to see them gently caress this up. :( It's not that hard! Just have her do things!

Aki was built as the Joey of the group, with Black Rose even having Red Eyes stats. Hers was a case that in real life, Black Wings started selling gangbusters for being OP, and since Crow used them they were like "Push Crow!" Ergo, he replaced Aki as the third member of the group.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Xoidanor posted:

hahahahaha. Upstart Goblin and Secret Barrel are used now? Why is current YGO so dumb?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

hahahahaha. Upstart Goblin and Secret Barrel are used now? Why is current YGO so dumb?

Upstart Goblin's always been useful. In Anti-Heal, it deals damage to your opponent and lets you draw one card. Outside of it, getting card advantage in exchange for your opponent gaining a little life is still a pretty good deal. Especially in Exodia decks where LP doesn't matter at all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im not a fan. I cant count the times someone upstart goblin'd and left them 1000/2000 points short of OTKing me.

2nd turn dual Quasars? Well tough poo poo dude i still have 1000 life points and BAM THEYRE GONE.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kay Kessler posted:

Upstart Goblin's always been useful. In Anti-Heal, it deals damage to your opponent and lets you draw one card. Outside of it, getting card advantage in exchange for your opponent gaining a little life is still a pretty good deal. Especially in Exodia decks where LP doesn't matter at all.

When did you start playing because no it hasn't? I dropped the game maybe a year or so after the original Chaos monsters were banned and that card was never used in any decks that weren't jank Exodia. (Of course, Exodia was defined as jank in every format prior to that period.)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Uh...

YGOTAS Episode 64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MomLFmCUBxk

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Superheavy Samurai is amazing, steadfast dueling is amazing, Gogenzaka is amazing, holy poo poo. A deck of nothing but monsters.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

on a related note yuya's deck is so boring in comparison to literally everyone else's

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And superheavies are actually good in the game.
(I might be biased since theyre the only thing ive been running this past week.)

Motherfucking Tama-C. Stealing Judgement Dragons and other monsters.

....I might make a superheavy Quasar deck....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

on a related note yuya's deck is so boring in comparison to literally everyone else's

Performapals are cool as hell. :colbert:

They are fun circus animals. :3:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, Performipals are the best. If anything, Yuzu has the most boring deck since she only has a handful of monsters. I like the thing, but can she use something other than Bloom Diva for a change?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is still going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Performapals are cool as hell. :colbert:

They are fun circus animals. :3:

they're cool but he like opens the same way every time and does the same thing every time and it gets a bit old, i mean he finally changed it up but still

Momomo posted:

Yeah, Performipals are the best. If anything, Yuzu has the most boring deck since she only has a handful of monsters. I like the thing, but can she use something other than Bloom Diva for a change?

her cards are really pretty though. :colbert: