Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It wasn't Rex, it was Arsenal. They just removed a bit of cutscene where it crashed into the financial district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lookit fuckin bob barker over here
Would you not be petting that dogge???

Press 'X' to pette dogge.

Press 'O' to scratch behind ears.

:3:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 8, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

metal gear ac!d 1 and 2

i hated them back in the day but a lot of people loved them, id try them again if they were on psn

ya that was it. it worked good for the psp controls. they made another one that was more of an fps and god drat i couldnt do poo poo with the horrible tiny stick it has

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It wasn't Rex, it was Arsenal. They just removed a bit of cutscene where it crashed into the financial district.

oh god my shame

*unsheaths katana, dies a bushido death*

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

ya that was it. it worked good for the psp controls. they made another one that was more of an fps and god drat i couldnt do poo poo with the horrible tiny stick it has

Portable Ops, or as everyone calls it PO:OPS. It explains what Major Tom/Zero does after MGS3 and how the Snake meets the Colonel. It sucked.

Unless you mean Peace Walker, which plays loving insanely good on the Vita or consoles, but controls sucked on PSP.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I think I'm just gonna try throwing Twin Snakes in Dolphin and playing it that way
Taking the lazy route and doing this. gently caress, these controls are worse than I remember.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dolphin doesn't really play Twin Snakes too well iirc

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's doing fairly well so far, with only minor glitches like showing an old frame when switching scenes. This 360 controller is coming up on the end of its life, though. I need a big deadzone on the sticks to keep them from wandering off, and I think this is what's making it so difficult to walk instead of run.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Would you not be petting that dogge???

Press 'X' to pette dogge.

Press 'O' to scratch behind ears.

:3:

joke, head, etc

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i love the games in spite of the horrible story

it's kojima just doing whatever the gently caress he wants to because konami has nothing else that makes money so they just let him go, except like in MGS2 when they had to cut out NYC getting hosed up by Rex because 9/11

i feel bad for the dude because he obviously wants to do other poo poo, but when they finally let him he did Zone of Enders and that basically only sold because it had the Tanker mission on there.

At least now he's already working on the new Silent Hill which looks like a mindfuck based on PT.

To be fair the first Zone of the Enders was convoluted as gently caress. ZOE2 was :krad: though

Also loving lol if you give a poo poo about the plot in a MGS game. That's like giving a gently caress about the plot in Commando

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Portable Ops, or as everyone calls it PO:OPS. It explains what Major Tom/Zero does after MGS3 and how the Snake meets the Colonel. It sucked.

Unless you mean Peace Walker, which plays loving insanely good on the Vita or consoles, but controls sucked on PSP.

ya it was portable ops. i felt cheated out of my money.

i should sell my psp i bet some nerd would pay a lot for a initial release block one in perfect condition

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Played and beaten MGS 1, MGS 2, thought snake eater was dumb, MGS 4 was weird and boring.

Thanks for reading.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

ya it was portable ops. i felt cheated out of my money.

i should sell my psp i bet some nerd would pay a lot for a initial release block one in perfect condition

not really, but there is a demand for psp simply for emulation/homebrew

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

Played and beaten MGS 1, MGS 2, thought snake eater was dumb, MGS 4 was weird and boring.

Thanks for reading.

:catstare:

:frogout:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbFAZ2ztlE

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thought snake eater was dumb

i told roscoe you said this

he said you're dead to him

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You got an awful lot of nerve, 4Butts.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You got an awful lot of nerve, 4Butts.

You got an awful lot of bad and wrong opinions, Holly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

is snake eater the one set during the cold war or whatever where you play as big boss before he was big boss?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You got an awful lot of bad and wrong opinions, Holly.

can we start calling him froyo faggins again?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:colbert:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gently caress you all mgs is awesome regardless of story. Consider the game in context of the time it came out and controls make perfect sense. When MGS2 hit dual stick controls hadn't really made their way to consoles, overhead cameras were the poo poo, and convoluted stories were also the poo poo.

fucjk whatever mgs is good and you are all bad

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Somebody here really nailed it and said Snake is like an action figure and the whole thing is an '80s movie or something. In that light, you can't help but love how goofy it is.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
you're literally hitler if you don't like mgs for how awesomely over the top cheesy 80's action move it is

LITERALLY. HITLER.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There are people out there who sincerely believe David Hayter did an awful and disrespectful job voicing Snake and I'm not sure I'm ok sharing this planet with them

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

is snake eater the one set during the cold war or whatever where you play as big boss before he was big boss?

Yes

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

There are people out there who sincerely believe David Hayter did an awful and disrespectful job voicing Snake and I'm not sure I'm ok sharing this planet with them

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It was weird hearing somebody other than Hayter voicing Snake, but I'm warming up to Kiefer doing it. It's not Snake anymore- it's Big Boss: old and bitter.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress i need to buy the re-releases i don't have. the hd collection or whatever the gently caress. also i need to play portable ops and peace walker. bought them and never really played them. need to get up to speed on my big boss history so i can finally touch ground zeroes and be ready for the phantom pain. a shamefuru MGS dork :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

you're literally hitler if you don't like mgs for how awesomely over the top cheesy 80's action move it is

LITERALLY. HITLER.

there's a sequence in the original mgs where you have to drop a grenade down a tank's hatch

says it all really

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just playin' a little CS: GO, and I'm the last man alive with the bomb. There's one CT left. I plant the bomb out in the open and hide in the closet. It's the oldest play on Nuke. He knows that I'm gonna be in the closet. I know that he knows that I'm gonna be in the closet. The air is so thick with tension that you could cut it. He opens the door... I blast him in the face and yell,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2GboGOuTI

And nobody gets it. :eng99:

Worst part is that now I'm laughing my rear end off so hard that I can't play and immediately get my rear end whupped next round.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

gently caress i need to buy the re-releases i don't have. the hd collection or whatever the gently caress. also i need to play portable ops and peace walker. bought them and never really played them. need to get up to speed on my big boss history so i can finally touch ground zeroes and be ready for the phantom pain. a shamefuru MGS dork :(

just watch a youtube of portable ops, there really isnt a reason to play it and they retconned a crapload of the story

peace walker is 1000% required though

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Peace Walker is a legit great game, and if Phantom Pain retains the spirit of that gameplay it'll be the best MGS, hands down.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't think there's much to worry about since Ground Zeroes is fun as hell to play. The CQC menu is my favorite new feature- I'm one of those scrubs who ended up doing a throat cut every time I grabbed a guy.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I got a ps3 just for MGS4 and got the special edition. Will probably do the same for MGSV. Best franchise ever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

New or remake of Zone of Enders would rule

All I got

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yOuGmZ0THk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
hideo seems like a cool guy

• Locked thread