Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Signal posted:

So, if I take some actually decent photos, can I use those instead of crappy last minute cellphone pics?

Sure! Then the next thing you know, your using an SLR with a home made lightbox.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I actually have those, I just didn't get home last night until about a half hour before the deadline. :P I'm wondering if I can take new photos now that I have time.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March something that won't be in the same colour scheme I've been painting non-stop since December! :dance:

I will be painting 'Dark Knight' Scarecrow & four Gargoyles for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Excuse the dark picture of primed black models. You probably can't see it on this but I did some basic green stuff sculpting on Scarecrow's base for paving stones.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, In the name of the Primarch, oath the following for the month of March:

1x Chief Librarian Tigurius
2x Space Marine Centurians w/ all weapon options

Black primer on Tigurius, and Maccrage Blue base coat on Centurians and all their weapons. Weapons are in zip lock bags, and are magnetized.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Post the Jurnal already so I can figure out what to oath. :f5:

(just in case it's not clear, my impatience is tongue-in-cheek, I don't want to sound ungrateful)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Oath failed, between studying for an assignment and having to paint other stuff in time for a Malifaux tournament on Saturday I didn't have time to finish off the Relic Knights. I only managed the bases and a few shares of purple :(

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

So, if I take some actually decent photos, can I use those instead of crappy last minute cellphone pics?

I'll say yes, as you're a long-time Oather. Just quote your Oath, and in your Oath Complete post edit in the URL of your better pictures, so when I'm making the photo album I use your better pictures.

FYI everyone, this is an exception, normally we don't want anyone to edit their Oath Complete posts!

I'll post the Journal soon! Just been busy, was doing demo painting at a game show on Saturday and have started to prep some new models for another show this Sunday!

AND I'll post a teaser that we have TWO NEW GRAND PRIZE SPONSORS on board! Just a nice side benefit of hitting all these game shows. I hope we have some keen fantasy 'otherworld' 'miniature' and 'mutant' 'warzone' 'chronicle' painters in this lot! (those are hints btw)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

AND I'll post a teaser that we have TWO NEW GRAND PRIZE SPONSORS on board! Just a nice side benefit of hitting all these game shows. I hope we have some keen fantasy 'otherworld' 'miniature' and 'mutant' 'warzone' 'chronicle' painters in this lot! (those are hints btw)

:aaaaa:

Are these :airquote: mystery sponsors :airquote: for this season, or starting next season?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

For next season I assume?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

:aaaaa:

Are these :airquote: mystery sponsors :airquote: for this season, or starting next season?

Indolent Bastard posted:

For next season I assume?

I have verbal agreements these companies are on board for this season, they're both really eager to get their names out there and have verbally agreed to carry on to next season too. This fills in some of the gaps we have/had with some of the sponsors who've fallen off the face of the earth. Once I get either prizes in hand or written agreements in place it's official!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I googled Mutant Warzone Chronicles and I might really like their game/miniatures but I can't tell for sure because their website was designed by Hitler's evil spirit.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath Complete.
EDIT: Krushgroove says I can add new pictures!
Edit made, thanks a lot! :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

I googled Mutant Warzone Chronicles and I might really like their game/miniatures but I can't tell for sure because their website was designed by Hitler's evil spirit.

Ha, yeah, some gaming websites could be a lot better. The models are really cool, and the various factions all have their own cool look: samurai, chaos/nurgle demon-y things, manga soldiers, knights of old, etc., etc.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hey Krush, I won a set of brushes a few months back (think it was November), but haven't seen anything about that. Did the company ever send them out?

Also anxiously waiting for the jurnal!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

First part of my Oath while I wait for the Jurnal:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of March 2015:
8 Resin Objectives from Worldsmith Industries

I'm loving everyone's stuff for Feb, makes me wish I'd been more creative with my Jurnal.

Germ posted:

1st Place (3 points): Zark the Damned
Big bold color, and really nice use of complementary colors as accents with all of those green lights. The clincher, though, is the freehand Evil Sun. Holy smokes, that is great. I’m really glad you posted pictures of close-ups, because from a distance I was convinced it had to be a pasted-on print out. Getting that design split down both sides like that had to be tough, but the end result was absolutely stunning. Well done!

You blew my mind, thank you very much! I really gotta put some time aside to work on more big stuff and freehand it up.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah, gently caress it, I'll figure my Jurnal out later, I wanna paaaaaaaaaaaaaaint

:vomarine:I, JerryLee, oath to paint Nathavarr the dragon, by Reaper Bones in 28mm:vomarine:

Please note: The dragon comes with a large scenic base which I'll be using to pose it for my Oath Complete shot, but which I am not including as part of the Oath. I'll make a reminder to this effect on the completion pictures too.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the Month of March 1 Privateer Press Magnus the Traitor Model.

I will probably add more stuff to my oath once the challenge is posted.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Tactical Arcanist Squad and one Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan, both of Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Can we at least know what the journal is? >.>

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
We'z burna-ing up on re-entreez!

+ Calm yourself, ork, all will be well +

Now they'z shoo'in' at us!

+ That may be true... +

Wotz we gonna do!!??

+ Just steer this malodorous, decrepit thing between the flak +

WOTZ!?!?!

[img][/img]

This month's theme, AKA the INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL, is BATTLE DAMAGE! Bullet holes, scratches, scars, crumpled panels, whatever - let your mind (and your paintbrush!) go crazy! Remember you don't have to actually model it - you can paint it and get fantastic results just the same! Be sure to point out the Journal in your Oath Complete posts if it's hard to see.

Completing the Inquisitor's Journal gives you an easy point, so if you want to be in the running for Grand Prizes at the end of Season 5, you'll be wanting every point you can get! Even if you don't care about points, many of the Journals will get you to try painting techniques you may not have tried before, so go for it!

ALSO, the judges will each be deciding who's done the Journal in the most unique and creative way and EACH judge will be giving a point for their top pick, so that's a potential 3 extra points just waiting for you!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath 7 Viper Legion Archers for the month of March. The last minis from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath the following Dreadball Xtreme minitures by Mantic games (28mm)
16 Convicts
4 injured convicts
1 Blaine Sponser
1 Warden Sponser
1 ***KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE*** rush tracker sign board girl. (Tis Kickstarter exclusive, don'tyaknow. for what that's worth)

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March something that won't be in the same colour scheme I've been painting non-stop since December! :dance:

I will be painting 'Dark Knight' Scarecrow & four Gargoyles for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Excuse the dark picture of primed black models. You probably can't see it on this but I did some basic green stuff sculpting on Scarecrow's base for paving stones.

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, In the name of the Primarch, oath the following for the month of March:

1x Chief Librarian Tigurius
2x Space Marine Centurians w/ all weapon options

Black primer on Tigurius, and Maccrage Blue base coat on Centurians and all their weapons. Weapons are in zip lock bags, and are magnetized.

Zark the Damned posted:

First part of my Oath while I wait for the Jurnal:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of March 2015:
8 Resin Objectives from Worldsmith Industries

JerryLee posted:

Yeah, gently caress it, I'll figure my Jurnal out later, I wanna paaaaaaaaaaaaaaint

:vomarine:I, JerryLee, oath to paint Nathavarr the dragon, by Reaper Bones in 28mm:vomarine:

Please note: The dragon comes with a large scenic base which I'll be using to pose it for my Oath Complete shot, but which I am not including as part of the Oath. I'll make a reminder to this effect on the completion pictures too.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the Month of March 1 Privateer Press Magnus the Traitor Model.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Tactical Arcanist Squad and one Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan, both of Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line.

Oaths....ACCEPTED!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Savin' Da Whales!

I failed to finish these guys before the end of February, but here they all are!

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 5 Tempestus Scions and one Taurox for February

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath! for March:

Four angry bulldozers, and three electrozap tanks, from Exodus Wars, in 6mm.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:ussr:I, SRM, Oath one Commissar for the month of March:ussr:

Conversion using GW parts, 28mm, plastic, Warhammer 40k, etc.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for March: Converted Ork Dakkajet, Priest, Mystic, Crusader, and a Storm Boy Nob (28mm, Games Workshop)

The Dakkajet is just a bit too big to take good photos with a timestamp on my end, but it's all been primed black so there's not a lot of details to even see.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
drat GW/forgeworld make some big stuff these days!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
March oath! Gallant, Constance Blaize, and the Blackfrost Shard
These are Privateer Press.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

three Karakuri from Infinity, 28mm.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Is it out of line to point out that the spreadsheet hasn't been updated with either most of February's completions or any of March's oaths?

I mean, on the one hand it's not a critical issue at the moment, but on the other hand, detecting and correcting any errors isn't exactly going to be easier when we're talking about stuff that happened (potentially) months ago.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, add to my oath for March, 5 Mantic Ladies riding kitties (i dont remember the real name, just call them kitty riders)

I converted them some by putting a magnet in their backs, all the gear at their feet is stuff I magnetized so that it can be swapped on and off so I can use the Kitty riders as all sorts of things.

This was my original oath:

Pash posted:

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, Oath the following models for March: Retribution of Scyrah Battlegroup, and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, Mecenarries (28mm, Privateer Press)

Time to get back on painting stuff!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

Oath! for March:
Four angry bulldozers, and three electrozap tanks, from Exodus Wars, in 6mm.

SRM posted:

:ussr:I, SRM, Oath one Commissar for the month of March:ussr:
Conversion using GW parts, 28mm, plastic, Warhammer 40k, etc.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for March: Converted Ork Dakkajet, Priest, Mystic, Crusader, and a Storm Boy Nob (28mm, Games Workshop)

The Dakkajet is just a bit too big to take good photos with a timestamp on my end, but it's all been primed black so there's not a lot of details to even see.

Red Shoe posted:

March oath! Gallant, Constance Blaize, and the Blackfrost Shard
These are Privateer Press.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!
three Karakuri from Infinity, 28mm.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, add to my oath for March, 5 Mantic Ladies riding kitties (i dont remember the real name, just call them kitty riders)

I converted them some by putting a magnet in their backs, all the gear at their feet is stuff I magnetized so that it can be swapped on and off so I can use the Kitty riders as all sorts of things.

Kerzoro posted:

I, Kerzoro, Oath the following models for March: Retribution of Scyrah Battlegroup, and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, Mecenarries (28mm, Privateer Press)
Oaths Accepted!

JerryLee posted:

Is it out of line to point out that the spreadsheet hasn't been updated with either most of February's completions or any of March's oaths?

I mean, on the one hand it's not a critical issue at the moment, but on the other hand, detecting and correcting any errors isn't exactly going to be easier when we're talking about stuff that happened (potentially) months ago.
No, it's not at all. Various things are running late in the Oath Thread, and I'm trying to get caught up. I'll be sending out some emails and PMs this weekend to get some things sped up/changed, especially as we're coming up to the end of the season.

On a positive note, we officially have Prodos Games on board! They'll be providing one of the Grand Prizes this season and will be helping us out next season, too!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 7, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for March

1 Wraithseer by FW for 40k (28mm)
3 Focault medium tanks and 3 Marteau bombards for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for March

1 Wraithseer by FW for 40k (28mm)
3 Focault medium tanks and 3 Marteau bombards for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)

Oath Accepted!

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

No, it's not at all. Various things are running late in the Oath Thread, and I'm trying to get caught up. I'll be sending out some emails and PMs this weekend to get some things sped up/changed, especially as we're coming up to the end of the season.

On a positive note, we officially have Prodos Games on board! They'll be providing one of the Grand Prizes this season and will be helping us out next season, too!

fixed the link.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Renfield posted:

fixed the link.

Thanks! :) I just added Prodos to the wiki as well. I'll be talking to the sales manager tomorrow in person but we've already agreed in writing what they'll be providing for a Grand Prize winner.

Also, I'll be sending you an email tonight about your Grab Bag stuff!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I moths oath one 28mm East Meg Sentinoid by Warlord Games for the Judge Dredd miniatures game

And that's excellent news! Their new Mutant Chronicles stuff looks rad as hell.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:gifttank:THE JUDGEMENT OF JANUARY:gifttank:

1 Point - Deanut Pancer

This is a splendid and very tidy paintjob. The vivid blue absolutely slays me. I love all the different colors of lenses, too. The red missiles and brightly shining golds give a nice regal feel, like his chapter just tidied him up for a parade or veteran's memorial service before sending him back out to frag tanks. That's a pretty tasty banner, too.

2 Points - Schmetterling

A stunning and weird display! The nebula effects are wonderful, I like how they are continued onto the gown of the performer. The palette is nice and controlled, letting the silver jump out and shine (hah). Your addition of LEDs in the orchestra pit is unexpected, and delights completely.

3 Points - Laika the Space Dog

I don't know what exactly is happening, but I love it. The slobber on the tongues, the reflections on the wine, all those beady little eyes, the extremely worried expression. Seriously, I hope you have a nice display cabinet ready for these crazy mini-diaramas. I'd hate to think of them all just tidied away into a shoebox with some of those little houses with clocks in them.

Bonus Jurnal Point - Zark the Damned

Yeah, that freehand evil sun is the total business. Absolutely takes me back to when I first started picking up White Dwarf in the 90's. Also you used my favorite head for the Morkanaut (Gorkanaut?), by the way. I'd be drat happy to see that rampage some of SRM's dudes someday. Actually, you have that assignment now.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
A broken computer has put me way ahead of schedule, so lets go with

Oath Addition - 2 Pusk Rampagers and 2 Vorax Spinpedes

Mantic Games, 28mm. From Dreadball Xtreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

A broken computer has put me way ahead of schedule, so lets go with

Oath Addition - 2 Pusk Rampagers and 2 Vorax Spinpedes

Mantic Games, 28mm. From Dreadball Xtreme

Oath Accepted!

If anyone wants to help out with the spreadsheet duties, get in touch with me! krushgroove169@gmail.com

• Locked thread