Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

I know it works in primates, that's specifically what I do

i was stating it for the crowd, figured you knew what was up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

i was stating it for the crowd, figured you knew what was up

cool, cuz one of the more exciting uses of this (optogenetics) is to make parts of the brain light sensitive so you can activate or deactivate functional areas with implanted fiber hooked up to lasers

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

speaking of, if yospos hasn't seen this it should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5Hn-5l2o4

whole series is awesome

thank you for introducing me to this

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

lol what the gently caress

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Suspicious Dish posted:

yeah it's real good

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

it's time for some real grassroots, down to earth crowdfunding projects like building weapons for the border patrol: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/98661189/help-our-border-patrol-law-enforcement

america's musical led drink coasters will be forever safe from the immigrant hordes: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70790566/the-music-mate-coaster-entertainment-system

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

razorscooter posted:

it's time for some real grassroots, down to earth crowdfunding projects like building weapons for the border patrol: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/98661189/help-our-border-patrol-law-enforcement

america's musical led drink coasters will be forever safe from the immigrant hordes: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70790566/the-music-mate-coaster-entertainment-system

wow, "force 8 security" why do you hate capitalism so much?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

cool, cuz one of the more exciting uses of this (optogenetics) is to make parts of the brain light sensitive so you can activate or deactivate functional areas with implanted fiber hooked up to lasers

wait so i can get 10gig ethernet straight to my brain? where's the kickstarter?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yodzilla posted:

lol what the gently caress

i want to know what behaving as if it has a pyramid inside of it entails.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

are you saying that humans of the future will look like beep boop robots with literal blinking lights on/in their skulls

hell the gently caress yes

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

yup. it works in primates.

I would kickstart the gently caress out of injecting colourblindness cure into my eyeballs

the scourge of what I'm pretty sure is purple will be no more

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Dish posted:

np glad everyone seems to like it

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Vicas posted:

incidentally, your inner fish is a really good book and has a ton of random information about just how completely slipshod your entire body is

synapsids rules reptilez droolz

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah inner fish is a great book

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Thesoro posted:

are you saying that humans of the future will look like beep boop robots with literal blinking lights on/in their skulls

hell the gently caress yes

yes, the precedent for adenovirus gene therapy is already in place, adding optical stimulation for treated brain regions ought to be p inconsequential after that

Graff
May 10, 2012

yes, the precedent for adenovirus gene therapy is already in place, adding optical stimulation for treated brain regions ought to be p inconsequential after that

single synapse glutamate uncaging poo poo looked pretty pro too but lol at these people with confocal microscopes and laser poo poo on their rigs wtf did they get all the money from. my rig was literally held together with blutack and despair

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
yeah but when can we kickstart a brain controller for the yosvape

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

did u know?

if you point a particularly sensitive camera at the brain, you can tell which parts are being stimulated in near real time

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
http://www.gofundme.com/m5l8pg

I just can keep pulling from the monthly local ones.

Local guy doesn't know how to make cheese, but brand that poo poo with ~local~. . . .

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

did u know?

if you point a particularly sensitive camera at the brain, you can tell which parts are being stimulated in near real time

is it the parts that are saying "holy gently caress where has the skull gone?"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

did u know?

i dont need a fancy camera to tell me that none of the parts of my brain arre stiumlated by your posts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i dont need a fancy camera to tell me that none of the parts of my brain arre stiumlated by your posts

you couldn't see the substantia nigra from a surface picture anyway :keke:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

is it the parts that are saying "holy gently caress where has the skull gone?"

oh yeah did I forget to mention you have to remove the scalp, skull, and dura? my b

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
sounds like eeg is a little less intrusive

too bad eeg has a spacial resolution of like 4 feet though

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol eeg

I detect... that your brain... is working!!!

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
your eeg is broken

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

lol eeg

I detect... that your brain... is working!!!

actually it might be your face

or your neck

umm, stop moving your hands, they're messing up the electric fields

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

this owns

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
that logo is amazing

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i just sort of assume any vague 5 minutes effort kickstarty thing that asks for exactly $20k is some srs scam because well, there's been a few.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
grafik dezyn :kiddo:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i just sort of assume any vague 5 minutes effort kickstarty thing that asks for exactly $20k is some srs scam because well, there's been a few.

srs scam?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

srs scam?

they should crowdfund ss3 as Serious Scam

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
my little pony Midnight Mares is an original cartoon for older children & young adults, set in a world where the lines between reality & dreams blur.

unsurprisingly, the creator looks like this:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:(

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the only surprising thing about this headshot is that he's not wearing any type of hat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

YouTube

Since the launch of the teaser trailer on YouTube, it has been viewed an average of 75,000 times per month.
hmm, a youtube video you say??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQYlYHtLbc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

can't wait for this to either fail completely or get sued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sham bam bamina! posted:

hmm, a youtube video you say??
mods

• Locked thread