Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

dj_clawson posted:

If I move my Empire's capital to a new holding with a different religion, can I convert to the vassal religion? I'm trying to become the Hindu Ruler of Constantinople, but I have elective succession so it's hard to educate an heir with a Hindu and get them elected.

You can convert to your capital's local religion as long as you aren't Zealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Excelzior posted:

You also need Rajas of India for the decision to appear, but since you're planning to play Hindu, you've probably got that covered.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Excelzior posted:

Cool! And yes, I have Rajas.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can't do it if you're converting to an unreformed pagan religion, but I think that's the only restriction. You can't just change the succession law for a while?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

ImPureAwesome posted:

Looking for some mediumish difficulty goals to do. I've done duke of Munster to Ireland and a duke of Tuscany game where I got most of Italy and North Africa, any recommendations? I'd prefer to avoid gravelkind for now

Reposting to hopefully get some ideas. Tia

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

ImPureAwesome posted:

Reposting to hopefully get some ideas. Tia

If you've never done so before, take a Kingdom with a dynastic claim.
Scheme your way into being the Holy Roman Emperor as a vassal, either by starting as a vassal, or starting outside the HRE, possibly as Ireland.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

gonadic io posted:

I've started making an alarm clock mod. It doesn't seem too bad so far (I have programming experience) and I have two questions:

What kind of use cases would people have for it? So far I'm going to support:
- reoccurring reminders for feats/hunts/etc
- reminders when characters turn a certain age i.e. 15 for changing their tutor or 16 if you want to marry them but don't want the hassle of them being a person of interest
- setting an event which will pause the game when treaties expire

On the more technical side of things: is there a way to hijack the text box from the 'a child is born' event? I would really like to not have users have to input dates and times through the really cumbersome picking of 1 out of 4 options at a time that most normal events have.

I would kill for a mod that alerted me anytime my vassal's heir or second-in-line turns 6, so I can steer him to somebody Content for education or at least someone who doesn't suck at life and has a level 4 education trait. It's a bitch keeping track of your vassals' heirs once you get to empire size, and even if you mark a child as Person of Interest you get no notification when they turn 6.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
So does the Mac version of After the End still crash to desktop on startup?

e. Yep, sure does. :\

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 8, 2015

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Uncle Lorcan, stop marrying and having kids with my daughters :(

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder where I could find more lore on Lux Invicta besides the Katabasis? Or other people who enjoy this mod?

(sorry I keep on appearing yelping Lux Invicta! but it's just such a fantastic mod)

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Is there any point at all to becoming Swedish/Danish/Norwegian etc. instead of just remaining Norse? All it seems to do is give my vassals negative opinion and make it harder to vandalize Norse leaders because I'm of a foreign culture.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I'm getting a reproducible crash to desktop while using a custom tooltip and hovering over the dead father of Karl on the 769 start. Tooltip below:

http://pastebin.com/JEAcRUZb

Anyone see anything obviously wrong? It seems to crash when hovering over any dead person.

edit: removed table breaking code

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I went from playing this 7 hours a night to not playing at all :c

gotta get the computer fixed

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Cantorsdust posted:

I'm getting a reproducible crash to desktop while using a custom tooltip and hovering over the dead father of Karl on the 769 start. Tooltip below:

http://pastebin.com/JEAcRUZb

Anyone see anything obviously wrong? It seems to crash when hovering over any dead person.

edit: removed table breaking code

Welp, trial and error shows that it appears to be the heir part. Removing that stopped the crashes.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Does anyone have any idea why a Designated Regent doesn't appear to become Regent if anything happens to require a Regency?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I DID IT. AGAINST ALL ODDS I DID IT.

Now to save up the 8000 prestige to make it an Empire.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

pwnyXpress posted:

Those Georgians are probably feeling pretty unsafe. Is that the Golden Horde to the north?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I seem to have broken something in the message settings. I can arrange Betrothals fine, but once the younger one comes of age, there's no decision button to click on to make it happen.
Any ideas?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I am fighting with the EU4 converter to get my e_india exported with custom ideas and flag, just like the Roman Empire.
I've got my custom religion and cultures working fine.

I've got nation_table.csv updated with the title and tag just fine but the game apparently just ignores it.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Those Georgians are probably feeling pretty unsafe. Is that the Golden Horde to the north?

Yup. They're pretty harmless by now, though. Only the Ilkhanate is a real threat.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Ironman mode refuses to give me achievements no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure I altered the game files a long time ago to enable infinite points on the ruler generator, but even after uninstalling/reinstalling and verifying my files I cannot get it to enable achievements. What else can I do?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Ironman mode refuses to give me achievements no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure I altered the game files a long time ago to enable infinite points on the ruler generator, but even after uninstalling/reinstalling and verifying my files I cannot get it to enable achievements. What else can I do?

are you using the ruler generator at all? that disables achievements

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Excelzior posted:

are you using the ruler generator at all? that disables achievements

No! I mean, it's enabled, but I'm not making use of it before playing the game.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Make sure you have Cloud Sync enabled too.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Darth Windu posted:

Is your Checksum on the start screen DAQH? I think that's the current vanilla checksum.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Reveilled posted:

Is your Checksum on the start screen DAQH? I think that's the current vanilla checksum.

It's VTMS

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

SeaTard posted:

Make sure you have Cloud Sync enabled too.

Yes

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's your problem. DAQH is what it should be. If you've already done a verify, you'll have to delete and reinstall. Also, double check and make sure you don't have any mods enabled.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

:wiggle:

Sucks that my wife's glad the mood was killed. Marriage's clearly over, time to lawyer up.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
My king just died and his son has one of his vassals (also and not unimportantly his uncle), who is angry because I cuckolded him. I also know I have a bastard son with said uncle's daughter. So my question is: can the uncle have gotten the cuckolded-modifier just because I slept with his daughter, or did I sleep with his daughter and his wife?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

kanonvandekempen posted:

My king just died and his son has one of his vassals (also and not unimportantly his uncle), who is angry because I cuckolded him. I also know I have a bastard son with said uncle's daughter. So my question is: can the uncle have gotten the cuckolded-modifier just because I slept with his daughter, or did I sleep with his daughter and his wife?

Maybe his daughter was also his lover?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

SeaTard posted:

That's your problem. DAQH is what it should be. If you've already done a verify, you'll have to delete and reinstall. Also, double check and make sure you don't have any mods enabled.

I've already deleted and reinstalled. Unless I need to go in and do it manually and not through the steam "delete local content" option? And I don't even have any mods INSTALLED.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

pwnyXpress posted:

Nice! I managed to snag a holy site out from the Abbasids' nose last night so hopefully I'll be where you are soon too.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Zhaan posted:

Nice! I managed to snag a holy site out from the Abbasids' nose last night so hopefully I'll be where you are soon too.

Oh man. I'm proud of you. Get ready for a lot of jihads!

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Two questions.

1. Can pagan rulers get the event where a Jewish exile comes to their court?

2. If the Papal State gets taken over by heretics, does the Papacy have a home county or does the game just say that the Pope is in exile?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Hadaka Apron posted:

Two questions.

2. If the Papal State gets taken over by heretics, does the Papacy have a home county or does the game just say that the Pope is in exile?

If he owns any other territory, he will move to that territory. If the Pope owns no other territory, he will be "residing in Rome" and not findable, but will continue to exist for plot purposes in the game.

The first question I don't know the answer to. Probably.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Darth Windu posted:

I've already deleted and reinstalled. Unless I need to go in and do it manually and not through the steam "delete local content" option? And I don't even have any mods INSTALLED.

Are you absolutely sure you don't have any mods installed? Deleting local content through steam will delete the contents of the game's install folder, but won't delete the stuff in your my documents folder, which includes settings and mods. So if you've ever had a mod installed in the past, deleting and then reinstalling the game could still leave you with active mods.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Reveilled posted:

Are you absolutely sure you don't have any mods installed? Deleting local content through steam will delete the contents of the game's install folder, but won't delete the stuff in your my documents folder, which includes settings and mods. So if you've ever had a mod installed in the past, deleting and then reinstalling the game could still leave you with active mods.

I deleted everything in the documents CK2 folder aside from saved games...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth Windu posted:

I deleted everything in the documents CK2 folder aside from saved games...

Then your hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Hadaka Apron posted:

1. Can pagan rulers get the event where a Jewish exile comes to their court?

I've had 300 years so far of Pagan rule and have not had the Jewish exile event fire. I've had a few useless Eunuchs show (the latest, a fabulous "Intriguer" with an Intrigue stat of 11), but no Jewish folk.

The Umayyads finally took a blow! A crusade for Portugal was wobbling around 15% for loving forever until the Umayyad Emperor decided he'd lead his troops into battle. The idiot was not only captured, but was also rendered Incapable. Portugal went to Bavaria, and I immediately declared war to try and gain one of the really awful crappy pieces of land stretching up from West Africa to inch ever closer to the Holy Site in Marrakech. I won a couple of big fights, but had to besiege his capital to make the warscore go up quickly enough before the entire Empire's levies refreshed. Watching the leap from 7K to 18K was worrying when he died and his popular son took over. But at last, West Africa has a lovely, lovely port to join up with the mighty Canary Islands! Now to wait in the hopes that something else happens to crack the Umayyads while I keep pulling Portugal's arse out of the fire whenever there's Sunni Revolts or other problems.

• Locked thread