Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Chickenfrogman posted:

The movie after RoF should just be some mundane event starring Vegeta. Preferably parent-teacher for Trunks or something like that.

Vegeta as a children's soccer league coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How loving intimidating would it be to date one of Vegeta's daughters? You two have a fight about something and she goes home crying, then Vegeta shows up at your place and Final Flashes through the side of the house looking for you to find out why you broke his daughter's heart, and now he's going to break your everything.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Momomo posted:

I am the PRINCE OF ALL STRIKERS!

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Bulma gets pregnant again, but this time Vegeta actually sticks around for the experience.

I never knew how much I needed this until now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Momomo posted:

The resulting game would look like Shaolin Soccer.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

New Leaf posted:

How loving intimidating would it be to date one of Vegeta's daughters?
She can probably punch you through a wall and Bulma is far scarier. If you manage to survive to Vegeta he probably just gives you a knowing nod and allows you to bleed in peace.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Momomo posted:

YggiDee posted:

The resulting game would look like Shaolin Soccer.

Captain Tsubasa is a thing and basically shonen soccer.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

My god, it's worse than I imagined :staredog:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If Toriyama ever does TV again, Vegeta doing mundane things and the Ginyu Force going on space adventures as miniseries would be all I could ever ask for.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Bee posted:

If Toriyama ever does TV again, Vegeta doing mundane things and the Ginyu Force going on space adventures as miniseries would be all I could ever ask for.

Goku and Picollo drive cars again.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SpazmasterX posted:

Goku and Picollo drive cars again.

Okay, three things I could ever ask for. Maybe add Vegeta's driving lessons too because dear lord could you imagine that man in a giant steel deathcage? He'd be having the time of his life in there.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Bee posted:

Okay, three things I could ever ask for. Maybe add Vegeta's driving lessons too because dear lord could you imagine that man in a giant steel deathcage? He'd be having the time of his life in there.

I don't know about that. He seems pretty uninterested.

Edit: Also, if anything, I think it was one of GT's better ideas to age the cast and one of their worst was making Goku a child again. While it would still have been a wet fart of an ending, seeing a superhero's life in three stages -- child, adult, elder -- over three series -- DB, DBZ, DBGT -- would have been cool. Technically, we still got that, but it was diluted with the child wish.

Covok fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 8, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope whatever movie we get after RoF features not only Uub somehow, but Uub being relevant as well.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Covok posted:

I don't know about that. He seems pretty uninterested.

Edit: Also, if anything, I think it was one of GT's better ideas to age the cast and one of their worst was making Goku a child again. While it would still have been a wet fart of an ending, seeing a superhero's life in three stages -- child, adult, elder -- over three series -- DB, DBZ, DBGT -- would have been cool. Technically, we still got that, but it was diluted with the child wish.

Especially since, from what I remember, he didn't even act like a kid. It was just a weird situation that ended up being meaningless.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I hope whatever movie we get after RoF features not only Uub somehow, but Uub being relevant as well.

He'd be around 4 or 5 years old and doesn't know how to fight.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Having Goku be an old, super powerful martial arts master who lives on a moutain somewhere would be rad as hell and I would pay good money to see a series where that is the concept.

Hell, just retire most of the main cast and have it be about, I dunno, Uub and Pan going on awesome kung-fu adventures, learning techniques from all the different masters or something. You could have Goten and Trunks as the older brother types who just goof off swordfighting, Gohan and Videl would be completely normal, with neither Uub or Pan knowing they were the Great Saiyaman/Woman somehow. Also, my Xenoverse self insert character should show up and save the day all the time and everyone should love him.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Momomo posted:

Especially since, from what I remember, he didn't even act like a kid. It was just a weird situation that ended up being meaningless.

It was supposed to make him 'weaker', so that it made more sense that things would challenge him. It originally even hosed with his ability to go Super Saiyan; during the adventureing stuff early in the show, he would sometimes just drop out of Super Saiyan because his body couldn't take it. He specifically basically couldn't go SS3 at all, and had to rely on his base SS1.

by the time they got to General Rilldo (the 'Stronger then Majin Buu' guy) they had dropped this outside of him just not being able to do SS3, and that was over by the time he got to Earth/ his tail got regrown. This was, I think, also the explanation of why he turns into an Adult as a SS4; his child body couldn't stand the strain so it naturally ages him.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 8, 2015

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You could argue that he was still getting used to having a child body again but ya, no Instant transmission either.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurain posted:

He'd be around 4 or 5 years old and doesn't know how to fight.

Then set it around the ending of DBZ then.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

by the time they got to General Rilldo (the 'Stronger then Majin Buu' guy)

I'm glad other people remember this line, cause while GT is a blur to me, I still remember Goku saying this and how lame and forced it was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It makes sense, but it'd use up their 10 years of leeway for other movies. Keep spending only a year for each and that's a poo poo tonne of movies they can make with something of a natural power curve (for DBZ). They can't really explain Goku being SSGod with Uub and then suddenly going back and making him a SSGod 2 when 4 years prior to that, etc etc.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Momomo posted:

I'm glad other people remember this line, cause while GT is a blur to me, I still remember Goku saying this and how lame and forced it was.

Me too. It's my number one stand out memory from watching GT as a kid. That, and everyone lining up to use their special attacks on Super 17 and failing completely. GT sucks so bad.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Bee posted:

The "Vegeta living mundane life and sucking at it" miniseries would, of course, be called

Just Saiyan.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HGH posted:

Saiyan Mid-life Crisis starring Vegeta.

We had that already.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Captain Oblivious posted:

The "Vegeta living mundane life and sucking at it" miniseries would, of course, be called

Just Saiyan.

Beautiful. :golfclap:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stallion Cabana posted:

It was supposed to make him 'weaker', so that it made more sense that things would challenge him. It originally even hosed with his ability to go Super Saiyan; during the adventureing stuff early in the show, he would sometimes just drop out of Super Saiyan because his body couldn't take it. He specifically basically couldn't go SS3 at all, and had to rely on his base SS1.

by the time they got to General Rilldo (the 'Stronger then Majin Buu' guy) they had dropped this outside of him just not being able to do SS3, and that was over by the time he got to Earth/ his tail got regrown. This was, I think, also the explanation of why he turns into an Adult as a SS4; his child body couldn't stand the strain so it naturally ages him.

The thing is that all of those limitations make just as much sense, if not more so, for an elderly Goku. The argument even remains the same: "my body can't take the strain." It would also be a more interesting story as, if they wanted to keep Goku as the lead, then it would involve him having to deal with how age was locking off his abilities. That's better than renewed youth is locking off my abilities.

Plus, in all honesty, this isn't a bad look for Goku:

He pulls off the mustache 100x better than Vegeta.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I thought Saiyans don't age as bad as humans? Granted, I'm not sure where I remember hearing that. It'd make just as much sense that we never see elderly Saiyans in flashbacks or filler because their lives consist of battle.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Bulma gets pregnant again, but this time Vegeta actually sticks around for the experience.
Vegeta holds Bulma's hair while she's puking.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Dragonball would be great if it actually split up into a few series at some point. One story about Goku, Vegeta, and their generation; one about Goten, Trunks, and their generation; and then Great Saiyaman. It already is pretty much the Goku story with flashes of Vegeta doing things. Toriyama could probably never handle doing all 3 but surely there are enough good authors who love Dragonball and could handle the spinoffs with care.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PiedPiper posted:

Vegeta holds Bulma's hair while she's puking.
And goes super saiyan to withstand her grip strength?

Every shonen copied Goku, did anyone really copy how awesome Bulma is?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yes that is Goten hitting on some chick over the phone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Every shonen copied Goku, did anyone really copy how awesome Bulma is?

You mean having a cool female character who becomes more and more marginalized despite her useful set of skills until she is basically an unimportant side character most defined by who her love interest and/or children are?

Yes. Yes, many have done that.

(I like Bulma but she and Videl both get a heavy case of the Girlfriends.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bulma stayed relevant longer than Yamcha. She at least has that going for her.

And her and Vegeta are basically the only DBZ couple to have any sort of chemistry whatsoever.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HGH posted:

Captain Tsubasa is a thing and basically shonen soccer.

Isn't that the soccer manga with infamously bad art?

Also I'd love to see someone do a reboot of GT that gave more attention to the kid characters(and have them not suck), maybe come up with some new ones as well(maybe one of 17's kids, or some children/grandchildren of some Dragon Ball era characters like Nam or Ghiran)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Bulma stayed relevant longer than Yamcha. She at least has that going for her.

And her and Vegeta are basically the only DBZ couple to have any sort of chemistry whatsoever.

Bulma stayed relevant longer than Tien and Chaotzu too.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bulma stayed relevant longer than Tien and Chaotzu too.

Longer than Chiaotzu at least. Chiaotzu's only real role at any point in Dragonball is basically to be the one that gets killed so Tien gets angry. Tien is sort of relevantish all the way. Not as someone strong enough to fight anyone relevant, but as, say, strong enough to hold Cell off for a bit by burning his life force.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Tien and Bulma both stay major characters through Dragon Ball and turn into minor characters in Z, pretty much.

Is it just me, or does the opening to Dragon Ball get kind of jarring around the time King Piccolo starts? The show just gets really dark out of nowhere and the OP is still ultra-happy and upbeat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

The thing is that all of those limitations make just as much sense, if not more so, for an elderly Goku. The argument even remains the same: "my body can't take the strain." It would also be a more interesting story as, if they wanted to keep Goku as the lead, then it would involve him having to deal with how age was locking off his abilities. That's better than renewed youth is locking off my abilities.

Plus, in all honesty, this isn't a bad look for Goku:

He pulls off the mustache 100x better than Vegeta.

Were is this from?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Exercu posted:

Longer than Chiaotzu at least. Chiaotzu's only real role at any point in Dragonball is basically to be the one that gets killed so Tien gets angry. Tien is sort of relevantish all the way. Not as someone strong enough to fight anyone relevant, but as, say, strong enough to hold Cell off for a bit by burning his life force.

And then the Buu saga happens and his role is "Huh, tough guys fighting over there..." and "Oh these pink beams look nasty, I'll dodge those."

He gives Goku some energy for the spirit bomb too, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tien technically saved the day in the Buu saga.

Like, he got KO'd in one kick, but if he hadn't been there Buu absolutely would have killed Hercule and Dende. And if Hercule dies there, he isn't fighting Kid Buu with Goku and Vegeta. and if Hercule isn't fighting with Goku and Vegeta, then the spirit bomb isn't strong enough to kill Kid Buu.

• Locked thread