Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
There was once an assistant coach in the MAC who told some very devout members of the Nation of Islam that he too was a member and that if they sent their kid to this school he would make sure he was guided on the righteous path, even greeted them with as-salamu alaykum. Parents are in love with it, kid signs up, parents show up for the home opener and the coach has a giant gently caress-off watch with a blinged out cross smack dab in the middle of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It's theoretically possible to be a football coach and not an rear end in a top hat, but I've never seen it happen in real life. Bill Synder is obviously hiding something.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

bhsman posted:

LSU's spring practice is today so here is a video of Ed Orgeron speaking incomprehensibly and hitting tackling dummies.

He needs Nike overalls.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Is there anyone who believes that their favorite team is dirty?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He needs Nike overalls.

They need to put up in a MoCap suit for the next Godzilla movie.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

bhsman posted:

They need to put him in a rubber suit for the next Godzilla movie.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

I really wish they were.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

MourningView posted:

I really wish they were.

same

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

It's really fun to admit it as long as there are no actual consequences for your team.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

kittenmittons posted:

It's theoretically possible to be a football coach and not an rear end in a top hat, but I've never seen it happen in real life. Bill Synder is obviously hiding something.

He's probably a terminator underneath his skin or a dark wizard lord or something.

e: football related, VT spring practice schedule is out and they finally reopened scrimmages to the media again, it'll be nice to be photographing football next month after the bitter pill that the basement of the ACC basketball cellar was this winter :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

There was once an assistant coach in the MAC who told some very devout members of the Nation of Islam that he too was a member and that if they sent their kid to this school he would make sure he was guided on the righteous path, even greeted them with as-salamu alaykum. Parents are in love with it, kid signs up, parents show up for the home opener and the coach has a giant gently caress-off watch with a blinged out cross smack dab in the middle of it.

Was it at Akron?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Eltoasto posted:

Bonus, pretty sure that was Sharif Floyd, who he stole away from OSU. Causing lots of posts about Urban that would then need to be deleted years later.

My memory is a little fuzzy bc of the rage-induced amnesia I've suffered between 10-14, but I think it was Ronald Powell.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Muschamp needs a statue in Tallahassee

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
wrong thread

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

kayakyakr posted:

Football team is probably sketchy, but probably no more than your average team.

Basketball? Oh my god Arizona's probably dirty as hell.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

LeeMajors posted:

My memory is a little fuzzy bc of the rage-induced amnesia I've suffered between 10-14, but I think it was Ronald Powell.

Ah maybe, I found this from one of Floyd's coaches:

quote:

"Sharrif was really confused and put a call into Coach Meyer. When they spoke Coach Meyer told him that he had a ‘dream' the night before, and that Coach Meyer saw himself on the sideline coaching Sharrif. Told him that is was a 'message from God that I should come back and coach, as I guess if it's my time to die, I'd rather die on the sidelines coaching you than anywhere else in the world.'"

"Sharrif talked to us the next day and said Ohio State is great and all, but Coach Meyer said he would DIE for me. That's pretty intense. From that day on Sharrif mainly kept to himself. But that was the turning point in my eyes."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Eltoasto posted:

Ah maybe, I found this from one of Floyd's coaches:

Ah, it was Floyd.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Muschamp needs a statue in Tallahassee

Jimbo doesn't tighten that ship Muschamp may end up with more wins in Tallahassee after all.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Just drove past UO athletic facilities today. I consider those a 'broad daylight' violation of something probably. Especially after experiencing what science faculty have to suffer.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT being dirty? Frank made a swear jar for his assistants a few years ago.

As much as I don't care much about bending or breaking the rules in recruiting and wish we had a staff willing to do what everyone else does to land these top kids, VT's about as clean as they come. Whatever issues I have with Frank these past 5 years I can't take away the fact that there doesn't seem to be a dishonest bone in his body and every last win he's gotten has been done the right way.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Will Muschamp really cleaned up Florida's program by all accounts.

Much like how you clean a fish before skinning it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

kayakyakr posted:

my favorite teams are PSU and the Steelers, so yeah, they're dirty as hell and i cheer for satan

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Oh yeah. Dirty as poo poo. Probably more than most because we've not been hit with violations lately.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kayakyakr posted:

something something grode jar

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Forget being dirty, I'd love a coach who actually tried in recruiting instead of cowering in fear.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I doubt Richt himself is dirty, but it would not surprise me in the least if there was some dirt down the assistant lines.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I have learned on thing in 20 years of college football you don't win National championships with a honest program.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm really optimistic about Baylor's QB situation - a big shock, I'm sure. Seth Russell was Petty's backup for the past two years, showed promise in a lot of garbage time snaps, and by all accounts sounds like the man to beat for the job this year. Not as big an arm as Petty, but much, much faster and shiftier. I could see us running an offense similar to either what TCU did last year or what we ran when RG3 was around - only I like our supporting cast better than TCU's or RG3-era Baylor's. Backing him are Chris Johnson, a dual-threat guy who hasn't been talked about lately but was very highly recruited a couple years back, and Jarrett Stidham, one of the best QBs in last year's class. I liked Petty a whole lot, but I'm looking forward to seeing what any of these guys can do. No reason to think Briles won't get his yards out of whoever starts.

Baylors qb is gonna surprise everyone and own this year, but just because for some reason everyone forgets about baylor qbs always being really good cause of their coach and system. Russell might even be better since hes fast. Petty was the first pure passer weve had in awhile. Johnsons reminds me of rg3 with a less accurate arm. I just want any semblance of an average corner/safety and well be ok

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Greataval posted:

I have learned on thing in 20 years of college football you don't win National championships with a honest program.

True.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

hahaha where was this?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Surely Jimbo has to be top 10?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Frackie Robinson posted:

Surely Jimbo has to be top 10?

He's not actually the worst from his school.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

NCAA passed the Ezekiel Elliott rule :(

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
That's the last straw. Burn the NCAA to the ground.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Raku posted:

He's not actually the worst from his school.

I thought we were talking active, not all time.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

kittenmittons posted:

That's the last straw. Burn the NCAA to the ground.

the oldest, whitest of rules

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Did this story get posted already?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/sports/ncaafootball/ryan-hoffman-a-unc-football-player-two-decades-ago-is-now-homeless.html

Ryan Hoffman a former UNC lineman is now homeless and well, its just depressing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Holy poo poo that NY Times article. I hate that I love this sport :smith:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is why gently caress your entitled sense of fun and gently caress your whining about new rules ruining the game if those rules are there to make this a safer sport in any way possible. This stuff bothers me a little more every year and it's starting to become conflicting because I love this sport but I don't want these guys not knowing what a toaster does when they're 35.

Hopefully this article will do Hoffman some good and someone will find him and get him some help.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Houston's AD is leaving to take over at Mizzou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

It's been talked about for weeks, no idea why it took this long to happen. Rhoades was hit and miss on his coaching hires but he's a great fundraiser. Expect Mizzou to start building big new facilities in coming years.

• Locked thread