Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

Hell yes, Billy is fully aboard Team Flint.

You mean team coat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I'm impressed at how much of an insufferable prick Dufresne is. It's a nonstop onslaught of backstabbing dickery.

I'm glad Billy knows what's up.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
BILLY! :haw:

Also, John Sliver is now Long John Silver as far as I'm concerned.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Long Con John Silver

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Everything is turning up Silver and Rackham. :haw:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That whole episode i was on the edge of my seat. Silver & Billy you magnificent bastards!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kinda sucks how the whole episode had zero Jack.

I'm not sure what assets Vane has anymore other than a broken down fort. He has no hostage anymore and he also doesn't have any support in town. Dude's hosed.

Let's hope this fort business gets dealt with quickly so we can finally go back to sea.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jack was a victim of the entire episode taking place over a couple of hours. There wouldn't really be anything to show for him since he's just sailing back.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mans posted:

Let's hope this fort business gets dealt with quickly so we can finally go back to sea.

It seems pretty much a guarantee that we will have Silver and Rackham leaving for the gold only for #teamcoat to give chase.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mans posted:

Kinda sucks how the whole episode had zero Jack.

I'm not sure what assets Vane has anymore other than a broken down fort. He has no hostage anymore and he also doesn't have any support in town. Dude's hosed.

I'm linking Vane more than I used to, but I have to call bullshit on his claim that he killed Ned for Eleanor. If that had been his primary motivation he could have just told his crew that he wanted to steal a ship to go make some money with and he'd picked Ned's because Ned was new in town and didn't have any allies, not to mention it would be advantageous to make their only customer (Eleanor) happy.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

I'm linking Vane more than I used to, but I have to call bullshit on his claim that he killed Ned for Eleanor. If that had been his primary motivation he could have just told his crew that he wanted to steal a ship to go make some money with and he'd picked Ned's because Ned was new in town and didn't have any allies, not to mention it would be advantageous to make their only customer (Eleanor) happy.

The problem with this is that Vane's men don't want to be pirates anymore, they were on that island because they wanted to give up sailing, so the idea of taking a ship and going back to pirating is far less appealing to them than sitting in a fort all day and collecting a percentage of everything that gets brought back. That they had such a profitable score on the ship, and it was a known quantity rather than sailing out into the unknown is the only reason they ransacked Neds ship, and the only way Vane could protect Eleanor.

I can't wait for the Silver Rackham team up, Those two stuck on a boat together for an extended period has so much potential.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I like how they are painting Vane as the villian by being back-stabbed by all the main characters. That said the writers could pick up the pace a little.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the last episode wasn't bad at all but it felt like it dragged a bit in a few places, it started to feel more obviously like a "bottle show" than a series like this could normally get away with.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
The Flint and Mrs. Barlow meeting with the young woman was really strange. Am I wrong in that I got a lot of "We're your real parents" vibes from it?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Those boat scenes probably cripple their budget, which is why we have to drag things out for half a season. Good thing I like all these characters.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kinda sad Anne Bonney offed the guy, may he set up his gently caress tent in heaven :yarr:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Those boat scenes probably cripple their budget, which is why we have to drag things out for half a season. Good thing I like all these characters.

For something with Micheal Bay's name attached to it, sure could use a few more explosions. What the hell is he doing with his transformers money?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

blablablabla posted:

For something with Micheal Bay's name attached to it, sure could use a few more explosions. What the hell is he doing with his transformers money?

Also I am actually starting to feel bad for Anne. Before I found her pretty annoying.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I have no doubt that Anne will be back swashing and buckling and murdering the gently caress out of people in short order.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This episode had a lot of padding for time. Anne's entire story being the prime example.

How's Anne taking things? *stares blankly* *walks slowly* Sweet we just killed 10 minutes

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The entire ending to the episode felt like the season finale.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SaltLick posted:

This episode had a lot of padding for time. Anne's entire story being the prime example.

How's Anne taking things? *stares blankly* *walks slowly* Sweet we just killed 10 minutes

Yeah, i get it that Anne was "broken" with Rackham abandoning her but she needs something to put her back on top quickly because the whole "taking 10\15 minutes of the show to show how mentally broken Anne is" is starting to get old.

Specially since there's so many interesting characters out there doing their thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mans posted:

Yeah, i get it that Anne was "broken" with Rackham abandoning her but she needs something to put her back on top quickly because the whole "taking 10\15 minutes of the show to show how mentally broken Anne is" is starting to get old.

Specially since there's so many interesting characters out there doing their thing.

Is this like a new GBS/FYAD joke or something? I've been seeing people use this garbage for a few weeks now and I just don't get it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How would writing specially instead of especially even be a joke. :confused:

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
'cause language undergoes metamorphosis and evolves over time.

The Australian vernacular is a particular fan of shortening words to assist in the flow of conversation, and often this migrates into the written language, although specially should be written as 'specially.

In plain English :dealwithit:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Australians don't have time for full words, they could be killed by wildlife at any moment.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Australians don't have time for full words, they could be killed by wildlife at any moment.

:golfclap:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Ann's story dragged on a bit but I'd love to hear it from Rackham's side. Its hard to imagine him sticking his neck out for anyone let alone rescue a child in need.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rougey posted:

'cause language undergoes metamorphosis and evolves over time.

The Australian vernacular is a particular fan of shortening words to assist in the flow of conversation, and often this migrates into the written language, although specially should be written as 'specially.

In plain English :dealwithit:

Confirmed.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah nah we are more than happy to be verbose but it's all about efficiency. That said, this morning I checked under a toilet seat on a 737 for spiders.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rougey posted:

Yeah nah

Australianism: Exhibit A

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kegslayer posted:

Ann's story dragged on a bit but I'd love to hear it from Rackham's side. Its hard to imagine him sticking his neck out for anyone let alone rescue a child in need.

Well she was young but not THAT young. Im sure you can figure out why a pirate would want some young freshly married thang.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Super young brides from 12-16 weren't uncommon back then, but by the late 1600's it seemed to be going out of favour, at least in England. It was legal.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Poisonous mammals? gently caress that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Starz seems to upload the day's episode to their streaming service before the broadcast time. There's only two episodes left in the season after this; doesn't really feel like they did a whole bunch in hindsight.

Nassau is this endless pit of spinning plot wheels so hopefully we can get back to actual piracy in XVII.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How did Vane get to Charleston without a ship? :confused:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Seemed to be a mostly uneventful episode up until the last 10 minutes, still I find it immensely captivating just to watch everything come together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is that something that is done?

...no

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode sure ended early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Flynt is so misunderstood. He is just trying to make his city a better place.

• Locked thread