Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think it should do its own self-contained story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

muike posted:

I think it should do its own self-contained story

Either this or ending at Boros for now.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I saw this posted to reddit, and I'm not sure if they've posted in the thread - it's a short epilogue to the moon incident.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 8, 2015

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

mr. stefan posted:

Geno's is such an absolute Jonny Yong Bosch character that I'd pay for him to learn Japanese to do the part in the original language

I want to say I've heard he knows Japanese already. Or maybe I'm thinking of Yuri Lowenthal. Either would probably fit Genos just fine.

For dubs, I feel like Richard Epcar could do Saitama but he's way too deep voiced. To be honest, I think the best choice would be Sonny Strait. Krillin for comedy moments, Bardock for serious moments.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also the possible looming spectre of the anime original ending to worry about
Anime original ending: Saitama doesn't miss a sales day.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

For dubs, I feel like Richard Epcar could do Saitama but he's way too deep voiced. To be honest, I think the best choice would be Sonny Strait. Krillin for comedy moments, Bardock for serious moments.

Maybe its cause I was rewatching Eureka Seven when I was reading OPM for the first time but I've always kinda figured Kirk Thornton would do saitama perfectly

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

mr. stefan posted:

Maybe its cause I was rewatching Eureka Seven when I was reading OPM for the first time but I've always kinda figured Kirk Thornton would do saitama perfectly
That's not a bad choice at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wasn't there supposed to be a new chapter out on the 5th?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

wasn't there supposed to be a new chapter out on the 5th?

I was gonna say the same thing, but after checking things out it seems that the new chapter was one that fleshed out things from a prior story arc (in this case how Metal Knight rebuilt A city in 10 days time)

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

mr. stefan posted:

That would actually work pretty well too, yeah.

Comedy option, Crispin Freeman doing his Alucard voice regardless of the situation.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

I was gonna say the same thing, but after checking things out it seems that the new chapter was one that fleshed out things from a prior story arc (in this case how Metal Knight rebuilt A city in 10 days time)

Did I miss this?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I dunno specific voice actors well enough, but whoever it is should, for the majority of the time, have the same tone of voice as Wonder Director.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

Did I miss this?

I haven't seen it on Batoto, but I did find it on mangahere. Behold the power of machines!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I haven't seen it on Batoto, but I did find it on mangahere. Behold the power of machines!

http://bato.to/read/_/306047/onepunch-man_ch36.5_by_nerieru-scans

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That may have not been the chapter I wanted (with maybe Saitama punching Sonic right in the gut for being annoying as hell) that was still great.

As the goon posted above me, that panel was just perfect.

Poor Tank Top, First Psychic Powers and now Machine's he's lost to. Least he's faring better than his brothers(cousins?)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shindragon posted:

That may have not been the chapter I wanted (with maybe Saitama punching Sonic right in the gut for being annoying as hell) that was still great.

Poor Tank Top, First Psychic Powers and now Machine's he's lost to. Least he's faring better than his brothers(cousins?)

Disciples, surely.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Even 10-pack abs isn't enough.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, you never know what you can do when you train hard enough.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He needs to get to 12.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
One day he will learn the secret to surpassing the tank top power having it ripped to poo poo like it's dbz

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Tank Top just needs Saitama as a personal trainer. Genos will get jealous, though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tank top only listens to his tank top.
Its so tight it cuts off the circulation to his brain.

I think the best thing to come out of the Murata redraw is all of Metal Knights inventions.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

One day he will learn the secret to surpassing the tank top power having it ripped to poo poo like it's dbz

Hey now, that's Pri-Pri's gimmick, no need to step on toes!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

First anime visual.

Loving the lens flare on Saitama's head.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Waffleman_ posted:

First anime visual.

That looks sort of like Sunrise style (are they still around?)

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

pointlessone posted:

That looks sort of like Sunrise style (are they still around?)
Sunrise is still churning out anime every year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cast Yuri Lowenthal as Saitama.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

First anime visual.

Anyone else think this looks like a significant step down from the manga? There's something a bit off about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, yeah. It's an anime. Anime designs tend to be simplified from the manga designs to facilitate animation.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Anyone else think this looks like a significant step down from the manga? There's something a bit off about it.

Of course it is. There's literally no way they'd keep up Murata's level of detail for an entire animated series.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, yeah. It's an anime. Anime designs tend to be simplified from the manga designs to facilitate animation.

Well, of course, but the designs themselves aren't complicated to begin with. I can't quite put my finger on the thing that puts me off, but I think it's something about Genos's face.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's probably just off-putting seeing them in the character designer's style rather than pure Murata.

formerly tight holes
Sep 30, 2009

This is an Avatar

Waffleman_ posted:

First anime visual.

Saitama looks ripped and it offends me greatly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, he's in serious mode. The bad guy just made him miss the sale day.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yeah, Saitama looks plenty awesome in that image. I'm curious how they're going to shift between joke-Saitama and serious-Saitama. It's pretty trivial to do that in manga, not so much animated.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Well, of course, but the designs themselves aren't complicated to begin with. I can't quite put my finger on the thing that puts me off, but I think it's something about Genos's face.

Are you sure it's Genos's face and not the fact that they somehow cast Ikkaku for Saitama?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Gyges posted:

Are you sure it's Genos's face and not the fact that they somehow cast Ikkaku for Saitama?

Oh my god, you're right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yeah, Saitama looks plenty awesome in that image. I'm curious how they're going to shift between joke-Saitama and serious-Saitama. It's pretty trivial to do that in manga, not so much animated.

Jump cuts, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Personally I think its the angle and proportion. He basically looks a bit thin compared to how we normally see him, right down to his fingers.