Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Drunkboxer posted:

I started going through those a few weeks ago but only made it to about episode 11 or something and they already started to seem like they were breaking, finding it hard to talk about the movie at all. Does the podcast improve after that?

It doesn't really improve from that perspective. You get to know the guys better and hopefully find their experience more entertaining as that happens, but there are a bunch of episodes with very little content, be it actual discussion or just general comedy. You can sort of tell by 5 or 10 minutes in if they actually have anything to say or are just fulfilling their obligation to make an episode.

I petered out 25-30 episodes in but I think I'm going to check out the finale episodes and their new season. It's just that the whole show is fighting an uphill battle against how boring or terrible the movies are and every episode is definitely not a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Is this a good place to post about Blame it on Space? I've been listening to that recently and find it even better than WHM. Don't think there's a thread for it though.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
It gets brought up time to time, general opinion has been mediocre I think, this thread seems like the best place as any to mention it.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

bobkatt013 posted:

I got them to watch Foodfight.

If that's true, I salute you. That was a great episode. Anybody not sold on WHM should check that one out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Croisquessein posted:

If that's true, I salute you. That was a great episode. Anybody not sold on WHM should check that one out.

Well I was not the only one but I am bob from boston

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Croisquessein posted:

#BringBackTheNoid

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

facebook jihad posted:

Is this a good place to post about Blame it on Space? I've been listening to that recently and find it even better than WHM. Don't think there's a thread for it though.

I've never liked it, but I recognize I don't care for his delivery or that type of humor. This isn't the best way to describe it but I can't think of another way: if you think Norm MacDonald is the funniest comedian of the past 2 decades, you'll probably like it. I don't.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I think the main reason I could never get into How Did This Get Made is the terrible theme song. I got second hand embarrassment each time I heard it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

moleman posted:

#BringBackTheNoid

Someone should write in explaining why Dominoes got rid of the Noid. It involves a hostage situation.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I think the main reason I could never get into How Did This Get Made is the terrible theme song. I got second hand embarrassment each time I heard it.

Ugh. It's really bad.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The main reason I could never get into the show is because every episode escalated into everyone trying to yell over each other the loudest through the headphones and directly into my brain

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

flesh dance posted:

The main reason I could never get into the show is because every episode escalated into everyone trying to yell over each other the loudest through the headphones and directly into my brain

This is true.

Random notes: 1) Sorry, Dan, but you totally said Cuban miracle; 2) Almost lost my breath laughing at how impressed the WHM gang were by "I'm late and you're wrong" in Teen Wolf Too.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

PUGGERNAUT posted:

They have a rap now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Modern Leper posted:

This is true.
2) Almost lost my breath laughing at how impressed the WHM gang were by "I'm late and you're wrong" in Teen Wolf Too.

The only time I can remember them laughing harder at something was the Koala scene in the Adventures of Ford Fairline episode.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I can no longer see Wilford Brimley without thinking "goddammut".

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I was glad to hear the brief return of Cloudy the Black Cloud in this week's WHM, especially since I just listened to The Pallbearer episode yesterday.

Also, a small mention in the continuing saga of Eric Movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Brocktoon posted:

I was glad to hear the brief return of Cloudy the Black Cloud in this week's WHM, especially since I just listened to The Pallbearer episode yesterday.

Also, a small mention in the continuing saga of Eric Movie.

Also them wanting to wrap it up so they can watch some Justified.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Also, I loving loved Burglar when I was a kid.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Here's hoping WHM is Moontrap next week.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm rooting for Sworn to Justice, which is a Cynthiana Rothrock movie which also happens to feature Walter Koenig and Brad Dourif. I've never seen it, but the cast tells me it's perfect fodder for WHM.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 10, 2015

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I don't think this has been posted before, but one of the WHM guys on Twitter mentioned they have a Bandcamp page with a lot of extra content: http://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/feed. You don't have to download the Bandcamp app.

You have to pay to download and keep the tracks, but streaming is free and works fine. I'd recommend Animation Damnation: Leatherhead Terror of the Swamp, SW Holiday Special, and The Simpsons Guy, but they're all pretty good.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's also pretty easy to download the tracks from the bandcamp page without paying if you're broke like me but still want to listen on the go.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The WHM episode about Abraxas is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Might be Secundus.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The WHM episode about Abraxas is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.

At this point its my most listened to episode for sure. I think it's the best and funniest episode they've done overall (though I'm a huge fan of the Addicted to Love episode too).

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

For those of you who listen to Alcohollywood, we just finalized our lineup for the next few months:

quote:

3/19: 182 - Battle Royale
3/26: 183 - Back to the Future
4/2: 184 - Dude, Where's My Car?
4/9: 185 - Hercules (2014)
4/16: 186 - Leaving Las Vegas
4/23: 187 - The Warriors
4/30: 188 - Sorcerer
5/7: 189 - Young Einstein
5/14: 190 - The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
5/21: 191 - The City of Lost Children
5/28: 192 - Event Horizon
6/4: 193 - Good Burger
6/11: 194 - The Raven
6/18: 195 - The Rock (1995)
6/25: 196 - A Fish Called Wanda
7/2: 197 - Food of the Gods
7/9: 198 - Dredd
7/16: 199 - Space Jam
7/23: 200 - SPECIAL 200TH MYSTERY EPISODE
7/30: 201 - Big Trouble in Little China

We've got some big things planned for 200. Two hints: we're actually hiring someone to do work for this episode, and the episode will not cover a movie that exists.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Drinking along with Leaving Las Vegas sounds super depressing. And that's from someone who had this and Dead Man as his default hangover movies as a teenager.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It really is. The concept is so huge and fantasical that I love that the whm crew just breaks it down perfectly

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

For the first time in a while I enjoyed How Did This Get Made's episode on Safe Haven. It might be because I had a lot of the same reactions to that movie when I saw it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

The Duke posted:

At this point its my most listened to episode for sure. I think it's the best and funniest episode they've done overall (though I'm a huge fan of the Addicted to Love episode too).

Mine is actually Gymkata. It's hilarious, and it helps that they all basically love the movie.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DrVenkman posted:

Mine is actually Gymkata. It's hilarious, and it helps that they all basically love the movie.

And provides a great contrast to How Did This Get Made. I like that podcast, but good lord is WHM's episode for Gymkata so much better than HDTGM's episode on it.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Illinois Smith posted:

Drinking along with Leaving Las Vegas sounds super depressing. And that's from someone who had this and Dead Man as his default hangover movies as a teenager.

True; it's mostly due to it being a listener request, but Alcohollywood is like 95% film chat with the drinking stuff being a loose framework you can just as easily ignore. Plus, we've done The Lost Weekend too, so we're not averse to ironic film selections.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Mojo Threepwood posted:

I don't think this has been posted before, but one of the WHM guys on Twitter mentioned they have a Bandcamp page with a lot of extra content: http://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/feed. You don't have to download the Bandcamp app.

You have to pay to download and keep the tracks, but streaming is free and works fine. I'd recommend Animation Damnation: Leatherhead Terror of the Swamp, SW Holiday Special, and The Simpsons Guy, but they're all pretty good.

Thanks for posting this, I knew they had all the extra content and the animation damnations somewhere but assumed you had to pay for it (or at least pay for some sort of app). I had no idea they were free to stream.

I'm catching up now. The one about the Sonic cartoon is hilarious.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Very disappointing. It looks like only one person has tweeted at Neil deGrasse Tyson to fact check Moon Trap so far. Martin Cinemax III is winning.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Looking at WHM's feed, they've retweeted several people's request to Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Also, this is the bad movie podcast thread! You should listen to Acohollywood's take on Virtuosity, it's excellent.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Illinois Smith posted:

As someone who spent the summer of '07 drinking lime vodka tonics and watching Leaving Las Vegas 1-4 nights a week, it absolutely is very depressing. I do not recommend it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
New HDTGM is pretty great--as most live episodes are--but still no June :(

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think it's time to accept that June is dead and move on. Paul F makes up for it though.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

In LL Cool J's defense, back when he was the most famous rapper alive in 1987, he had a hit single with the line "They call me Jaws/My hat is like a shark's fin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I choose to believe something happened that was actually upsetting rather than just movie upsetting, causing June to turn to dust and scatter in the wind.

Or she's busy with the kid.