Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

hooman posted:

You know the US has the deep south. We have the deep west and the deep north. Basically the further you get away from Melbourne the worse everything gets.

The only exception to this is QLD which is the worst all the time irrespective of proximity to Melbourne. I can say this with the Authority of someone who lives in one of the furthest capital cities from Melbourne.

Pretend I posted the torturing children vote here. Wilkie and Bandt are the only two redeeming features of the lower house.

The reason for this is 1) that the greed of the south can't be contained and 2) southerners moving north. Ever since qld has been getting rulers from down south, from Brisbane to Newman, the state has been beaten and plundered.

What's the point of being banana/sugar/beef capital of the southern hemisphere if capitalists keep magicking away the money? It's nice that you have a little Europe down there with your quirky 'lanes' and paid graffiti artists but it's paid for with the blood of Queensland workers.

Where do you think the ganja that inspires your hip new bands comes from? How does the year round fresh fruit that you blend up for your new peer-approved diet get in your organic local produce grocery store?

Throw us a bone with state of origin, great. What does it say when the one time the odds are evened that Queensland is the best. "Oh but that's just rapey sport," well, show me one thing comparable in opportunity and I'll wager Queensland will be the best at that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...308-13ymlk.html

quote:

An independent expert has found aspects of Australia's asylum-seeker policies have breached the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

A report addressing concerns about Manus Island, as well as recent amendments to maritime laws, is due to be submitted to the UN Human Rights Council today.

It was prepared by Juan Mendez, the UN special rapporteur on torture.

So Ratbag Craig, still keeping to your whole "alleged" view now or are you going to suddenly announce your shock and outrage at this and how it was hidden from you?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
These so-called "independent" "experts" are just further evidence of the blind money grabbing of advocacy parasites. I think you'll find a paper trail from them to the experts, all with the express purpose of more refugees seeking out torture opportunities just for a higher chance of getting into Australia.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

CrazyTolradi posted:

So Ratbag Craig, still keeping to your whole "alleged" view now or are you going to suddenly announce your shock and outrage at this and how it was hidden from you?

This won't change anyone's opinion. People who were already fine with our concentration camps aren't going to say "Oh well the UN says it's wrong, guess I better revise my thinking." Instead they'll go "Fucken UN leftists pushing their agenda of taking over the world/not letting human beings suffer horribly, who do they fucken think they are"

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

I know it's as likely as hell freezing over, but I wish something would come of these reports

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

asio posted:

The reason for this is 1) that the greed of the south can't be contained and 2) southerners moving north. Ever since qld has been getting rulers from down south, from Brisbane to Newman, the state has been beaten and plundered.

What's the point of being banana/sugar/beef capital of the southern hemisphere if capitalists keep magicking away the money? It's nice that you have a little Europe down there with your quirky 'lanes' and paid graffiti artists but it's paid for with the blood of Queensland workers.

Where do you think the ganja that inspires your hip new bands comes from? How does the year round fresh fruit that you blend up for your new peer-approved diet get in your organic local produce grocery store?

Throw us a bone with state of origin, great. What does it say when the one time the odds are evened that Queensland is the best. "Oh but that's just rapey sport," well, show me one thing comparable in opportunity and I'll wager Queensland will be the best at that too.

I loving hate it here.
Its like the humidity does something to peoples brains to make them selfcentrerd assholes.

Good. At least the rest of the world is paying attention.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hockey defamation trial starts today. :munch:

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Kommando posted:

I loving hate it here.
Its like the humidity does something to peoples brains to make them selfcentrerd assholes.

Your thinking has been infected in the classic toxic southerner style. Try moving further north.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

CrazyTolradi posted:

Plan A - *crickets*
Plan B - Obfuscate. No issue with torture happening here, was clearly the case all along. It's those other alleged countries. <Reserved for ad hominem about reading comprehension>.
Plan C - Make poo poo up. Maybe it will work this time :shrug:
Plan D - Come out swinging.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Brisgoons, your appointed (by Anidav) leader has located a venue for the next Brisgoon meet.

INDIMEX

https://www.indimex.com.au/
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1854162/restaurant/Brisbane/Indimex-Cafe-Bar-Restaurant-Greenslopes

Imagine a taco full of butter chicken with guac.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons, your appointed (by Anidav) leader has located a venue for the next Brisgoon meet.

INDIMEX

https://www.indimex.com.au/
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1854162/restaurant/Brisbane/Indimex-Cafe-Bar-Restaurant-Greenslopes

Imagine a taco full of butter chicken with guac.

plus: convenient for me to get to
minus: I've eaten there twice and it was pretty average both times

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That logo is good, squad leader.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

A bolt from the blue, :itwaspoo:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'm in Brisbane (3rd) 4th to 5th (6th) April. Delivering round brown lumpy objects all over Brisbane backyards.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cartoon posted:

I'm in Brisbane (3rd) 4th to 5th (6th) April. Delivering round brown lumpy objects all over Brisbane backyards.

Neat. Goonmeet around then sounds reasonable.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
That's the Easter long weekend this year. I know this because my birthday falls in there.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
"gays"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

You dont need an expert to know that.

Also gently caress off bolt.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Cartoon posted:

Cant be a March meet in April. But can have an April meet in April.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

asio posted:

I've lived my whole life in W.A. :eng99:

Also I'm pro Gary Marriage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Agreed gary should never get married

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

there are no garys in your electorate

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

CrazyTolradi posted:

Are you going to stop asking loaded questions?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Cartoon posted:

Plan A - *crickets*
Plan B - Obfuscate. No issue with torture happening here, was clearly the case all along. It's those other alleged countries. <Reserved for ad hominem about reading comprehension>.
Plan C - Make poo poo up. Maybe it will work this time :shrug:
Plan D - Come out swinging.

I'm backing a B/D combo

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Graic Gabtar posted:

Are you going to stop making loaded* posts?

*with poo poo.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Graic Gabtar posted:

I'll re-ask it in a neutral tone:

How do you feel about Australia's treatment of refugees now that evidence of torture has been presented and that we have been officially rebuked by the UN for breaching torture conventions in our treatment of innocent refugees? Considering your previous stance was, in effect, denying that such crimes had ever taken place, how has this changed your viewpoint towards this issue?

e; on re-reading, it's hilarious that said question is neutral while being completely factual, which is probably indicative of just how hosed up poo poo is

Murodese fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 9, 2015

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
I like the part where the non-loaded question sounds more loaded than the loaded one

Australia's A Good Place

Mate

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Murodese posted:

I'll re-ask it in a neutral tone:

How do you feel about Australia's treatment of refugees now that evidence of torture has been presented and that we have been officially rebuked by the UN for breaching torture conventions in our treatment of innocent refugees? Considering your previous stance was, in effect, denying that such crimes had ever taken place, how has this changed your viewpoint towards this issue?

e; on re-reading, it's hilarious that said question is neutral while being completely factual, which is probably indicative of just how hosed up poo poo is

A question about an unreleased report and a counter-point based on your interpretation.

Neutral.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Murodese posted:

How do you feel about Australia's treatment of refugees now that evidence of torture has been presented and that we have been officially rebuked by the UN for breaching torture conventions in our treatment of innocent refugees?

You left a backdoor-out in the question.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
How about this question ratbag. If Australia is torturing refugees should those responsible receive punishment and if so what?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Birb Katter posted:

How about this question ratbag. If Australia is torturing refugees should those responsible receive punishment and if so what?

Something something hypotheticals something something false premises etc etc.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Facts are left biased and not neutral.

Neutral means not being critical of either side no matter who is at fault. We are critical of both sides because both are loving complicit in the indefinite detention (at least) and torture (provisional) of children.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
The golden question re refugees, to which you'll never get an honest answer, is: 'would your opinion be the same if the centers were full of white people".

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Check your privilege white cis, how can you speak for refugees? How do you know what they're feeling up there in your ivory tower?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

Check your privilege white cis, how can you speak for refugees? How do you know what they're feeling up there in your ivory tower?

The only thing you can do is to stick all Australians into the same camps for a few years.

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 9, 2015

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Graic Gabtar posted:

A question about an unreleased report and a counter-point based on your interpretation.

Neutral.
Instead of digging in and doubling down until the report is released you could, you know, actually engage with the question.

If your only way to defend your position is to deride the questions, then you probably don't have any meaningful answers.

also gays

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

The only thing you can do is to stick all Australians into the same camps for a few years.

Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning! Trigger warning!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Ragingsheep posted:

I liked it better when it said "white australians".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"Queensland's new minister for women says the state government should consider "positive discrimination" legislation to close the gender pay gap, which was at a 10-year high."

No Queensland! Go back to your roots, women in the kitchen, aboriginals on reservations and sugar cane as far as the eye can see! Stop this positive progressive crap, it's confusing.

• Locked thread