Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Beasley is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

PantsFreeZone posted:

Somebody explain the Tyler Johnson phenomena to me.

i would also like this explained

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

morestuff posted:

Everyone hates Paul Pierce, right

He's my favorite player of all time.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Re: two-point / one-shot free throws:

Bashez posted:

This might just happen. That's going to be weird as hell, especially if they don't "fix" hack a ____.

Intramural flag football at my school did a thing where for extra points you could go for 1, 2, or 3 points depending on how far from the goal you started :getin:

Paul Pierce seems difficult to hate with any enduring passion unless you are a Lakers fan and he prevented your team from one of the ~ 5-20 titles they've competed for in your lifetime. Or you hate him vicariously through Kevin Garnett, which is reasonable.

Ross fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 8, 2015

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ross posted:

Re: two-point / one-shot free throws:

Intramural flag football at my school did a thing where for extra points you could go for 1, 2, or 3 points depending on how far from the goal you started :getin:

Paul Pierce seems difficult to hate with any enduring passion unless you are a Lakers fan and he prevented your team from one of the ~ 5-20 titles they've competed for in your lifetime. Or you hate him vicariously through Kevin Garnett, which is reasonable.

Or if you are the dude who stabbed him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

I love this man. Please tell me the shot clock was not running down and it is not a shot he even had to take

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

the_american_dream posted:

I love this man. Please tell me the shot clock was not running down and it is not a shot he even had to take

Steve Kerr had the best reaction to this shot "What the gently caress are you doing...HOLY poo poo"

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

10 on the clock

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

There are 10 seconds left when he shoots.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/video/games/warriors/2015/03/08/0021400932-lac-gsw-play5.nba/

Watch it for Kerr's reaction.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
I used to hit shots like that with Dell in NBA Live '95 :whatup:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm really sorry to EvanTH, Strawberry Mint Ice, Doltos and all other Knick fans for this hurtful first round pick rumor

That's half of a wrestling move where you tangle the other guy's arms and then slide him down for the pin. What's that called? I used to do it in WWE NO MERCY all the time.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Igor Strelkov posted:

I'm really sorry to EvanTH, Strawberry Mint Ice, Doltos and all other Knick fans for this hurtful first round pick rumor

At this point Knicks fans are just in it for the suffering, like a doomsday cult. No doubt this is exciting news for them, and another sign of the coming end of days

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spoeank posted:

There are 10 seconds left when he shoots.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/video/games/warriors/2015/03/08/0021400932-lac-gsw-play5.nba/

Watch it for Kerr's reaction.

This is so cool. Steph is the best.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So you guys were wondering how the media would continue to slander Westbrook

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Steph Curry is the best shooter I think I have ever seen.

I'm gonna have to go back and watch some Reggie Miller clips but I think Steph is the going to go down as the best shooter ever.

E: Except for maybe Bird. Ray Allen is good too.

gently caress I've seen a lot of spectacular shooters in my life. Nevermind.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Curry is the best I've seen just because of that release

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

chunkles posted:

Ahh, the old Kobe argument

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think Curry's the best shooter just because he can also create a whole team's offense. Basically a far more explosive prime Nash.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

And the little girl made a face and said this porridge is too Russ!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Igor Strelkov posted:

That's half of a wrestling move where you tangle the other guy's arms and then slide him down for the pin. What's that called? I used to do it in WWE NO MERCY all the time.

I'm glad you brought this up because I thought the same thing, it's called a backslide.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tim Duncan went 0-8 from the field today (had three points from free throws) which is apparently the first time he's had a game with zero FG in his entire career, playoffs included.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

IcePhoenix posted:

Tim Duncan went 0-8 from the field today (had three points from free throws) which is apparently the first time he's had a game with zero FG in his entire career, playoffs included.

The Bulls excel at losing games by double digits even when holding the other team's HOFer to zero FGM.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cole posted:

I'm gonna have to go back and watch some Reggie Miller clips but I think Steph is the going to go down as the best shooter ever.

I am very comfortable calling Curry a better shooter than either Bird or Allen. For their time, both were incredible but neither were able to do what Curry can do.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Ross posted:

The Bulls excel at losing games by double digits even when holding the other team's HOFer to zero FGM.

Too bad the other Spurs hall of famers went for 27 FGM.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cole posted:

You forgot the best one, Steve Nash.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
JV has decent post moves if he's in the paint, but he is less graceful than an elephant when he tries to use post moves to enter the paint.

e: whoops that was meant for the gameday thread

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 9, 2015

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Bashez posted:

Too bad the other Spurs hall of famers went for 27 FGM.

I'm not sure if you are arriving at the final nine field goals of this total from K. Leonard or the sum of Patty Mills and Danny Green, minus Boris Diaw.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

You forgot the best one, Steve Nash.

you also forgot SAS posterchild aka the greatest shooter of all time aka the worst all star of all time Kyle Korver.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Ross posted:

I'm not sure if you are arriving at the final nine field goals of this total from K. Leonard or the sum of Patty Mills and Danny Green, minus Boris Diaw.

A finals MVP that's put up Kawhi's PER has never not made the hall of fame.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Bashez posted:

A finals MVP that's put up Kawhi's PER has never not made the hall of fame.

I don't disagree that he has HoF potential, but I think he has some work to do still.

Or maybe this is a clever Derrick Rose troll?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Ross posted:

I don't disagree that he has HoF potential, but I think he has some work to do still.

Or maybe this is a clever Derrick Rose troll?

You flatter me.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

IcePhoenix posted:

time for the old man to pack it up

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Howard resumes on court activity. Supposedly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hitze posted:

time for the old man to pack it up

So sad to see this happen to the only Spurs HoFer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

1. Jordan
2. Pippen
3. Hinrich

Total games played as a Bull

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

I am very comfortable calling Curry a better shooter than either Bird or Allen. For their time, both were incredible but neither were able to do what Curry can do.

Bird and Ray Ray could both create off the bounce but Curry is probably way way better than they ever were

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
claymation russ https://instagram.com/p/z34GqvnAGS/

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Teams were way better at defending the 3 in the 80s when Bird was playing.

Who's the best relative to era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Teams were way better at defending the 3 in the 80s when Bird was playing.

Who's the best relative to era?

If by this you mean "players were shittier at taking threes"

• Locked thread