Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Maybe he means that FMCs can shoot and then move an additional 2d6, or just Flat Out across pretty much the entire board.

Neither of which are wise, because it does nothing to really help FMCs that want to punch people (oh wow in position earlier, still have to sit and get shot and I would have gotten here by jumping anyways!) and instead buffs shooty FMCs to give them a way to screw with LoS, reposition, and get out of trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It depends on your local meta - if your facing nothing but the deamonic flying circus, or flyrants FMCs are not enjoyable to play against non-stop.

As this is local rules, for local people, it might be the case that someone is 'abusing' it and making everyone's life not fun.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I assume this FMC thing is Hollismason as otherwise you're all talking to yourselves on my screen.

Remember he's terribad

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Taurox isn't as big as it looks.
I think it's a little smaller than an Ork Trukk.

I would say considerably smaller. I borrowed one of SRM's tauroxes for a transport-heavy list I was testing against him, and the taurox feels about 2/3 as big as a trukk to me. They're surprisingly compact.

edit: SRM i haven't forgotten your post andyes we do need to play but also i'm moving to a new place this month and poo poo is kinda wack right now. I'll let you know when i'ma have some time for it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cross posting some skeleton robot terminator pharaohs from the painting thread since this page could use some pictures.

Specifically some Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron action.

I know my scheme is pretty generic since I don't have ceramic Necrons or really anything revolutionary but I'm generally ok with how they turned out. Though I kind of suck at painting white.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No , they lose the whole Swooping and Glide stuff and use all the rules for Eldar Jetbikes, I dunno it's just one of the things being discussed. Invisibility is basically be swapped with the Harlequin Primaris Power straight up. It's not something everyones agreed on just a local rule. We already use the BAO and Adepticon FAQS but people are annoyed with the Invisibility and FMC spam because of Carl basically.

AndyElusive posted:

Cross posting some skeleton robot terminator pharaohs from the painting thread since this page could use some pictures.

Specifically some Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron action.

I know my scheme is pretty generic since I don't have ceramic Necrons or really anything revolutionary but I'm generally ok with how they turned out. Though I kind of suck at painting white.

Look awesome! Wanna see those models in the back though. Believe that's a Catacomb Barge maybe and Tomb Sentinel?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 8, 2015

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Ahahahaha... Cram-painting for a tournament. Finished a night scythe and 2 wraiths tonight :shepicide:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Fantasy Wrathmongers are pretty much begging to get some chainaxes and sub in for the boring old Berzerkers. Fantasy does Chaos, especially Khorne, so much better.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Look awesome! Wanna see those models in the back though. Believe that's a Catacomb Barge maybe and Tomb Sentinel?

Sure. I posted pics of those two a while back but I'd have to dig through pages in the minis painting thread to find them so here they are again (apologies to anyone who's seeing these for a second time)

Catcom Barge with Anraykr back when he could still cruise around in one:

Reads "WE BRAKE FOR NOBODY"

Tomb Stalker being Tomb Stalkery

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Potential BFF posted:

The Fantasy Wrathmongers are pretty much begging to get some chainaxes and sub in for the boring old Berzerkers. Fantasy does Chaos, especially Khorne, so much better.

The lower half look like they were intentionally designed to fit in with a CSM torso. Not sure about the head.

The one with the Jazz hands looks beyond stupid however.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

The lower half look like they were intentionally designed to fit in with a CSM torso. Not sure about the head.

The one with the Jazz hands looks beyond stupid however.

Left! Kill! Right! Maim! Two step claps! DOUBLE JAZZ HANDS! Left! Right! BURN!

He is pretty bad but you could probably round out the squad with one of the alternative kit bits. Looking at the sprues I don't think the helmets have a neck so they'd need some fiddling (little blob of green stuff?) to stick them on a CSM torso. That said, all the torsos look like they have a backplate so popping on a backpack would be pretty simple.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
SM torsos will look puny on those legs. They are on 40km bases

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Willy Style posted:

Puny nothing, they'd be microscopic!

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Potential BFF posted:

Khorne: Chaos god of rhythmic gymnastics.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Big Willy Style posted:

Km typo aside,

So are my DV terminators.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They'd look a lot better without the wing dings on their helmet. The masks alone would give a masked berserker from Beastmaster vibe.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Potential BFF posted:

those look loving stupid

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

those look loving stupid

Make sure to look at the 3d views. One of the guys with the flail things has 3 arms.

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 8, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Those and the new Bloodthirster make me think that there's a point at which you really hit diminishing returns with dynamic poses, because it exceeds the ability of your mind to suspend disbelief that it's all just a static piece of plastic. I can only speak for myself of course, but stuff like the little doodads that the 'flying' bloodthirsters are balanced on and the flails on these models are where I start to see the wizard behind the curtain.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JerryLee posted:

Those and the new Bloodthirster make me think that there's a point at which you really hit diminishing returns with dynamic poses, because it exceeds the ability of your mind to suspend disbelief that it's all just a static piece of plastic. I can only speak for myself of course, but stuff like the little doodads that the 'flying' bloodthirsters are balanced on and the flails on these models are where I start to see the wizard behind the curtain.

I just see how lovely it will be to transport.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

those look loving stupid

peak warhammer

stupid is good

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Tbh since centurions I've had to see models in person before canning them. I thought centurions looked terribad and in person they're only sort of bad.

I ofc only mean the ranged ones the melee ones are an abomination

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I kind of like them, remind of of Starcraft firebats or the rocket version of the armor.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

Tbh since centurions I've had to see models in person before canning them. I thought centurions looked terribad and in person they're only sort of bad.

agreed I thought they would look like god awful dogshit, but they only looked like sort of dogshit

so I bought 10

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lord Twisted posted:

It's a space marine inside a space marine.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Star Man posted:

So very russian

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do you put assault marines on paper clips or on acrylic rods?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Their feet touch the base.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I had a squad once that were all mounted on the small acrylic rods (like you get with Tau drones). They looked pretty good but they were kind of a pain to transport.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Star Man posted:

Fluff wise, do they really put on their power armor before putting on centurion armor? If so, that's loving silly.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

AndyElusive posted:

Fluff wise, do they really put on their power armor before putting on centurion armor?

You can see the power armored legs standing on stilts if you look at the model from behind.

AndyElusive posted:

If so, that's loving silly.

I think you might just be playing the wrong game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My grim dark future of endless war and laughter of thirsting gods immersion. :smith:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

AndyElusive posted:

Fluff wise, do they really put on their power armor before putting on centurion armor? If so, that's loving silly.
A centurion suit is more like a small walker than body armor.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

In a true-line-of-sight game, why would you make your guys more visible ?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AndyElusive posted:

Texmo posted:

You can see the power armored legs standing on stilts if you look at the model from behind.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

If so, that's loving silly.

Quick, someone post the dog drawn space-viking sled.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Boon posted:

Quick, someone post the dog drawn space-viking sled.

There are no wolves on Fenris - those are Tiny hosed Up Space Marines

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Texmo posted:

I think you might just be playing the wrong game.

peak 40k

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Potential BFF posted:

everything above the waist looks pants on head retarded

e:

TheChirurgeon posted:

those look loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no they look bad

I mean like 90s bad so good

bad good

40k is very good