Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

some of the bonus levels are really tough to get the gold medal on. I had a lot of trouble with the Kirby rocket one, I think it was like a top-down shooter? It was fun but tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I've actually played Wooly World and it definitely feels more like Yoshi's Island than Epic Yarn, hth

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah it really looks like it plays exactly like Yoshi's Island in stunning HD yarn graphics. Like I said I don't even LIKE Yoshi's Island gameplay (I'm bad at aiming the eggs) and I'm planning on getting it anyway. Katana Gomai, at what event did you get to play Wooly World? I'm pretty jealous? :)

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
The only good Yoshi game is the first one.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Machine posted:

The only good Yoshi game is the first one.

... the puzzle game, "Yoshi"? :raise:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Just spent a half hour on the phone with Nintendo customer service to have them reinstate the lapsed post play surveys I missed. Wouldn't have done it but apparently I had over 600 coins in post play surveys I missed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Original The Character: The Game is coming to Wii U:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEmcVRNZvI

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Original The Character: The Game is coming to Wii U:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEmcVRNZvI

I've played a good chunk of this on Steam. It's pretty fun. Please do not play the story mode.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

While a Sonic fan game is the exact sort of thing people should point and laugh, Freedom Planet is really loving good. Combines Sonic, Ristar, and even a bit of Gunstar Heroes. Got glowing reviews everywhere, too. Don't dismiss it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should have called the port Original the Character: Do Not Steal Edition

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It looks good, some of those bosses have gorgeous animation, but good god why did they feel the need to ape Sonic's stories as well as it's style? Half those voice overs feel like they're taking samples from at least half a dozen random anime.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It looks good, some of those bosses have gorgeous animation, but good god why did they feel the need to ape Sonic's stories as well as it's style? Half those voice overs feel like they're taking samples from at least half a dozen random anime.

Its a good thing Story mode is optional and you can just play the game sans cutscenes.

Seriously though, I played Story mode first and I got like... two hours in and was only at the third level.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

While a Sonic fan game is the exact sort of thing people should point and laugh, Freedom Planet is really loving good. Combines Sonic, Ristar, and even a bit of Gunstar Heroes. Got glowing reviews everywhere, too. Don't dismiss it.

It's an okay game but it has a lot of problems.

It really suffers for being a Sonic fangame that can't decide what it wants to be. The Sonic elements are actually kind of the worst part and it is better when the characters are using their own gimmicks instead of running through loops because Sonic did it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Haruharuharuko posted:

Just spent a half hour on the phone with Nintendo customer service to have them reinstate the lapsed post play surveys I missed. Wouldn't have done it but apparently I had over 600 coins in post play surveys I missed.

They told me they couldn't do that. What the heck?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I also tried, but they didn't let me. We're talking about NOA here?

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

How did that go? I have around 700 coins worth of surveys I missed and just assumed there was nothing I could do.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Haruharuharuko posted:

I had no idea you could do that. I have a ton of missed post play surveys myself. How did you convince them to do that?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

It's an okay game but it has a lot of problems.

It really suffers for being a Sonic fangame that can't decide what it wants to be. The Sonic elements are actually kind of the worst part and it is better when the characters are using their own gimmicks instead of running through loops because Sonic did it.

I tried the PC version ages ago and my impressions can be summed up as "MMX grafted onto Sonic 4".

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Seriously though, I played Story mode first and I got like... two hours in and was only at the third level.

The cutscenes in Freedom Planet are INSANELY long. It's kind of ridiculous. By the time I hit the third level I quit out and switched to the non-story mode.

(also the voice acting and story are not that great)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Those looking for last minute coins check out Gamestops for used copies of Skylanders Swap Force 3DS - it's only $5 used and worth 80+10 coins which is more than any other game. Just make sure to check if they have an unused code at all first. Of course you can't play it without a portal and figures as well but if you just need x coins then you can't beat it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/skylanders-swap-force-video-game/119060

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 9, 2015

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

My favorite thing about Freedom Plane is how the characters aren't actually the dev's design; they're from some other person's deviantart or wherever people post art. He just used them (with permission) because he's a self-admitted terrible character designer and he wanted some eye-catching designs for the main characters.

(The game is pretty fun)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Got my Smash cds in the mail. The box is however scratched so not cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    The Fall - €9.99 / £6.99
    My Style Studio: Notebook - €2.99 / £2.69
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Punch-Out!! - €19.99 / £17.99 (requires Wiimote)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 12
    Tengami (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until March 12
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force HD (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 from March 12-19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (Wii U eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 from March 12-19
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 26
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until April 1

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Outrun - €4.99 / £4.49
    Shanghai Mahjong - €7.99 / £7.19
    Undead Bowling - £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Crazy Construction - €6.99 / £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Atlantic Quest - €6.99 / £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Murder on the Titanic - €7.99 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Secret Agent Files: Miami - £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Castle Conqueror EX - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
    Sweet Memories Blackjack - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Proun (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force (3DS eShop) - 12.49 / £1.34 from March 12-19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 from March 12-19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 from March 12-19
    3D Altered Beast (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Ecco the Dolphin (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Galaxy Force II (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Shinobi III (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from March 12-19
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €13.99 / £11.19 from March 12-26
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €22.49 / £18.74 from March 12-26

(not listed: a few shovelware sales. Sorry for the delay!)

Punch-Out Wii owns, Zero Missions owns, being released on the same day confirms Little Mac x Samus as OTP. Yes, you'll need a Wiimote to play Punch-Out, yes it's dumb.

3D Outrun has been enhanced to run at 60FPS, and on top of the usual features/options they've added unlockable car modifiers that max your top speed, let you glance vehicles without crashing, let you maintain speed offroad or give you better handling on corners. They also added two new songs for you to skip over while you choose Splash Wave.

Some good sales this week, too - the first wave of 3D Classics (minus Sonic), the two Phoenix Wright games for 3DS and a bunch of Wayforward stuff including the recent Shantae game.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 10, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's part 3 of the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Outrun:

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/09/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-3/

This one includes Manabu Namiki and covers the technical aspects of handling/fixing the audio, the environmental cab sounds, etc. There's one more part coming tomorrow that'll cover the new tunes.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Hope the US gets Zero Mission this week too...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Saoshyant posted:

gently caress you, I'll dismiss this as hard as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNTKzaZjho&t=35s

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh gently caress, Zero Mission about time.

Give me Aria of Sorrow too dammit!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

robot roll call posted:

Hope the US gets Zero Mission this week too...

Knowing NoA we won't get it for six months and get some forgettable D-list NES game again this week.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Traded in my 3DS XL at Gamestop, with my Gamestop rewards whatever I ended up getting the Nu3DS for about $110 after tax.

The downside here is I couldn't really do a system transfer since I couldn't take the New 3DS home without giving them my old one.

I've logged into the eShop with my account and stuff, can I re-download all the games I'd bought or am I hosed? I don't care about save game data and poo poo (and besides I still have the SD card from the old 3DS, I could transfer the data from that to the microSD card if I want to, right?)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Xenomrph posted:

Traded in my 3DS XL at Gamestop, with my Gamestop rewards whatever I ended up getting the Nu3DS for about $110 after tax.

The downside here is I couldn't really do a system transfer since I couldn't take the New 3DS home without giving them my old one.

I've logged into the eShop with my account and stuff, can I re-download all the games I'd bought or am I hosed? I don't care about save game data and poo poo (and besides I still have the SD card from the old 3DS, I could transfer the data from that to the microSD card if I want to, right?)

Oof. Got bad news for you bud :( You should be able to call Nintendo and get your stuff to transfer. Obviously those saves are gone.

To be more specific. That SD card is tied to the 3DS you sold. You HAVE to do a system transfer. you can't just load it up on the new one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well, gently caress. :sigh:

I'll have to call them in the morning, their business hours aren't really convenient with my work schedule.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

The Lobster posted:

I had no idea you could do that. I have a ton of missed post play surveys myself. How did you convince them to do that?

Took like 40 minutes. I think they might have done it because there were a shitload I missed post play not just product registration.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

Took like 40 minutes. I think they might have done it because there were a shitload I missed post play not just product registration.
I actually called them today. I had some points expire over the summer (400) and I was in Afghanistan, so I asked for those points back. The customer service rep said he would send in a request for the 400 points and just turned on the post-plays without me even asking for that. An hour later I got an email from Nintendo and they gave me those 400 points not asking for any proof (I had paperwork ready to send them).

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Xenomrph posted:

Well, gently caress. :sigh:

I'll have to call them in the morning, their business hours aren't really convenient with my work schedule.

If it ever comes up again, most Gamestops let you do a system transfer in store if you are trading one ds in for another. Though that does bring up the issue that sometimes it can take awhile and you would have to be there the whole time.

At least there shouldn't be too much of an issue, Nintendo has always had good costumer service when it comes to these things when I've had to deal with them.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Free Drinks posted:

If it ever comes up again, most Gamestops let you do a system transfer in store if you are trading one ds in for another. Though that does bring up the issue that sometimes it can take awhile and you would have to be there the whole time.

At least there shouldn't be too much of an issue, Nintendo has always had good costumer service when it comes to these things when I've had to deal with them.

Hell I paid for the system in cash drove home did the transfer returned it and got the trade in deal that way.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh poo poo, I've never played Punch Out Wii or Metroid: Zero Mission, we're getting those plus 3D Outrun, and all the older Sega 3D Classics are on sale, along with AA Trilogy (which I've been meaning to pick up)?

:retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
3D Classics sales? Don't mind if I do.

Probably going to pass up on AA Trilogy because I have already played them, but that's a great price otherwise.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

irlZaphod posted:

Oh poo poo, I've never played Punch Out Wii or Metroid: Zero Mission, we're getting those plus 3D Outrun, and all the older Sega 3D Classics are on sale, along with AA Trilogy (which I've been meaning to pick up)?

:retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

I got the AA Trilogy a month ago myself. Never played any of the games before and didn't know much about them at all. If you've never played them, boy howdy are you in for a wild ride!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Shinobi III for £2.24 is KUH-RAZY. Get on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Silver Falcon posted:

I got the AA Trilogy a month ago myself. Never played any of the games before and didn't know much about them at all. If you've never played them, boy howdy are you in for a wild ride!
I've played them all, I have JFA and T&T on the DS, but having them all in one package on my 3DS is appealing (and getting the first one again - I gave my copy of it away a couple of years ago).