Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

slowbeef posted:

If you like hosed up adventure games, holy poo poo, corn in the bible's Jack Orlando thread is right up your alley. It's kind of mind boggling and this is coming from someone who watched an LP and playthrough of Hopkins FBI.
Jack Orlando is pretty messed up even by Carte Blanch standards. No taxidermy so far, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Can anyone recommend any Mass Effect LPs? I know Spoiler Warning's done one of the trilogy, but they're a little bit too pessimistic for my tastes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Tastee posted:

Can anyone recommend any Mass Effect LPs? I know Spoiler Warning's done one of the trilogy, but they're a little bit too pessimistic for my tastes.

The Freelance Astronauts one is all kinds of great. If for no other reason than to see how hard Maxwell Adams breaks the game over his knee with console commands for the amusement of everyone else.

It gave us the phrase "Quick, spawn another tank!", for what it's worth.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I played through Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 but now am unable (and have no desire) to play 13-3. I know the LP of it here never finished so I'm wondering if anyone knows any good Youtube LPs of Lightning Returns that are completed or close to completion? All the LPs I found with a cursory search were day-one blind LPs which don't really seem to work very well due to the nature of this game. I have an irrational need to know how the trilogy ends. Alternatively if any of the day one blind LPs is actually worth watching I guess I don't mind watching it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Getsuya posted:

I have an irrational need to know how the trilogy ends.
Lightning walks the modern Earth as a potential waifu for Motomu Toriyama. It's truly what they've been building up to since the train in 13.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Getsuya posted:

I have an irrational need to know how the trilogy ends.

Motoru Toriyama gets taken out back of Squeenix corporate offices and is put to death by an anime firing squad.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you're willing to wait, I think Artix is planning on doing Lighting Returns after XIII-2.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Getsuya posted:

I played through Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 but now am unable (and have no desire) to play 13-3. I know the LP of it here never finished so I'm wondering if anyone knows any good Youtube LPs of Lightning Returns that are completed or close to completion? All the LPs I found with a cursory search were day-one blind LPs which don't really seem to work very well due to the nature of this game. I have an irrational need to know how the trilogy ends. Alternatively if any of the day one blind LPs is actually worth watching I guess I don't mind watching it.

I can't help you if you need one right now but I have about a quarter of 13-2 recorded and LR is up on the list after that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does a 'what video game am I thinking of?' thread exist in Games anywhere or is it cool if I ask here?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

RareAcumen posted:

Does a 'what video game am I thinking of?' thread exist in Games anywhere or is it cool if I ask here?
Maybe this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2855926

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

There is also this one...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks guys!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Now for something different: :asoiaf:

I really must recommend this spectacularly funny LP of Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom sim, done by the comedy trio of Coolguy, Orv and TheLastRoboky - it has so far received none of the attention it deserves.

Firstly, Majesty is by itself a very funny and interesting game, that naturally generates its own brand of drama and comedy. It has amazing voice acting and I consider it ideal for an LP game.

Secondly, the setup of Coolguy, Orv and TheLastRoboky playing and co-commenting simultaneously really really works. The frustration, rage and camaraderie of the trio brings a new life to Majesty I've not experienced before - and really highlights the insane difficulty of the game.

And thirdly, they hand out free poo poo like game codes. Also the videos are loving hilarious.

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

You know the story about the scorpion and the frog?

the sound on these doesnt work like i said :C

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Ryan Gooseling posted:

the sound on these doesnt work like i said :C
They work for me? Or is it a particular video you aren't hearing sound on?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
For a chill game that features exploration and botany, (well, "botany"), you really can't go wrong with Grimwit's Miasmata. It's just three updates in, but that's close to an hour and a half of blissful wasting away to death from a mysterious illness while you chop up plants, desperately searching for a cure.

Wait, that makes it sound not relaxing. It is!

Incidentally, everybody knows about Endless Ocean Blue World, right? I don't have to recommend that for another fantastic exploration/science game?

Bacter fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 9, 2015

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Bacter posted:

For a chill game that features exploration and botany, (well, "botany"), you really can't go wrong with Grimwit's Miasmata. It's just three updates in, but that's close to an hour and a half of blissful wasting away to death from a mysterious illness while you chop up plants, desperately searching for a cure.

Wait, that makes it sound not relaxing. It is!

I second this. I showed it to a friend and he told me it was like watching Morgan Freeman do a documentary. It's mesmerizing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Has anyone on or offsite had a bash at the X3 series of games? I'm on a space kick lately, with Elite: Dangerous and all, and want to see another viewpoint on the sort of genre.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Has anyone on or offsite had a bash at the X3 series of games? I'm on a space kick lately, with Elite: Dangerous and all, and want to see another viewpoint on the sort of genre.

Onsite, there's an archived X3 Albion Prelude VLP, but it only has about 8 videos.

I'd love to give the X3 series a try sometime in the future. Last time I played X3 Reunion I build an automated trader empire, expanded with various factories, then went full-time into building an illegal moonshine Scotch distillery while hunting pirates for the hell of it. I ended up patrolling my own production facilities, scanning ships that bought my whiskey, shooting them down and then putting the whiskey up for sale again.

I just wished the main story wasn't so....bad? Most missions are ok but there was one that had you flying into an asteroid or something which was just...ugh.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I want to watch a good lp of Phantasy Star online, I check the archive and I think there isnt a goon one, it just want a decent video lp with voice over.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 11, 2015

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
Hey, I just finished the Trauma Center LP that World did - it's featured on the LP Archive front page right now, and it's great! Watch it especially if you got your poo poo wrecked by that game when you were a kid and you want revenge by seeing someone thoroughly beat it.

Right near the end of the LP she started talking about doing the sequel, but that was almost two years ago and I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know what became of that thread? Was it ever made in the first place? I don't have archives, so I'd appreciate the assist.

Thanks!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Gearface posted:

Hey, I just finished the Trauma Center LP that World did - it's featured on the LP Archive front page right now, and it's great! Watch it especially if you got your poo poo wrecked by that game when you were a kid and you want revenge by seeing someone thoroughly beat it.

Right near the end of the LP she started talking about doing the sequel, but that was almost two years ago and I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know what became of that thread? Was it ever made in the first place? I don't have archives, so I'd appreciate the assist.

Thanks!

As far as I know she didn't end up LPing the sequel. I remember updates in the thread for the original slowed down a lot toward the end, so I assume her life got busier and it fell by the wayside.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Can someone recommend me a good Alien Isolation LP? I'm interested in informative ones- not particularly interested in the five million scarecams that seem to be all I can find.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Can anyone recommend me a video LP by a person of female persuasion? The voice is what mainly matters to me, and I'd prefer something not too high, if possible... Oh, I've remembered Saints Row 2 which contains Panzer Skank and that might work, although I didn't really enjoy the LP for LP's sake last time I tried it. But that might be even for the best in this case.

Preferably completed, or at least with a lot of videos.

supermikhail fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 11, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Have you tried Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3 by AccountingNightmare in the archive?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lethemonster's Xenoblade LP is chill and good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Panniecakes Metro 2033 LP is terrific.

edit: It's subbed so not what you're looking for, Still a stellar LP though.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Can't go wrong with yosheque's Bayonetta, mostly because it's a good, skilled, absurdly thorough LP of a really good game.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."

SelenicMartian posted:

Have you tried Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3 by AccountingNightmare in the archive?

I was sure those were subtitled! Thanks.

Blind Sally posted:

Lethemonster's Xenoblade LP is chill and good.

Yep, pretty chill.

I think I'm set for now. Thanks.

Camel Pimp posted:

Can't go wrong with yosheque's Bayonetta, mostly because it's a good, skilled, absurdly thorough LP of a really good game.

Oh, I'll bookmark this one, too, although a few times I've tried watching a Bayonetta LP I was turned off by the cinematics.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

supermikhail posted:

Oh, I'll bookmark this one, too, although a few times I've tried watching a Bayonetta LP I was turned off by the cinematics.

Me too, but I'm glad I finally forced myself to power through the first few. There is a much better fanservice to not ratio afterwards. It never completely goes away, though.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

It's youtube, but I can't recommend Kay Plays Dark Souls enough. She plays exactly the way the game wants you to, analyzing enemy positions and environments, and ends up solving some of its most obtuse puzzles because of it.

kvltmanifesto fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 11, 2015

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

kvltmanifesto posted:

It's youtube, but I can't recommend Kay Plays Dark Souls enough. She plays exactly the way the game wants you to, analyzing enemy positions and environments, and ends up solving some of its most obtuse puzzles because of it.

The caveat to this is that playing Dark Souls the correct way is extremely slow and boring, so this LP isn't actually interesting to watch at all, in my opinion. I stopped watching it after I started literally falling asleep while watching her videos.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The caveat to this is that playing Dark Souls the correct way is extremely slow and boring,

I'd be a bit more charitable and say "relaxing," but yeah. :v: You know how there are some TV shows you might watch intently, engaging in the plot and maybe even rewinding if you think you missed something; and there are some you watch just to have something to pay attention to while you're doing other things (in my case, cooking)? Yeah, LPs are like that, and hers were definitely in the latter category. Her Demon Souls LP was probably the best, she has the series down pretty well by that point and still does some interesting things (like rolling through the polybolos trap).

Another LP in the "don't really need to pay attention to it" vein is a fairly young Final Fantasy one here, and roughly the first dozen videos are the guys grinding while just shooting the breeze about things. I assume it's a clever ploy to build interest in a podcast or something, heh.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think Faerie Fortune's blind Ocarina of Time LP is the first "you don't need to pay attention to this but you'll catch yourself peeking at the video a few dozen times" LP I've ever seen. She's got a great voice, her guide is a good complement and her genuine reactions to things make me keep popping a glance over at the video to see who her new friend is.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you like interesting JRPGs, Dragonatrix's Shin Megami Tense: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 LP is good: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660272

They're through the first game, and nearing the end of the second. Also, for an SMT LP, it has minimal amounts of idiots freaking out about whether or not Chaos, Neutral, or Law is the superior path.

(It's an SSLP, with videos of boss fights and music links--the music is VERY good).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

supermikhail posted:

Can anyone recommend me a video LP by a person of female persuasion? The voice is what mainly matters to me, and I'd prefer something not too high, if possible... Oh, I've remembered Saints Row 2 which contains Panzer Skank and that might work, although I didn't really enjoy the LP for LP's sake last time I tried it. But that might be even for the best in this case.

There's that blind LP of Ocarina of Time. But your first sentence is super creepy sounding, so I don't know if I want to give you a link.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

supermikhail posted:

I don't think this will work as a girlfriend surrogate dude.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi im a serial killer, can you point me to some female voices so i stay off the streets for one more night?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i heard there was a funny joke about women that started three days late, i don't want to miss it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a link to the no-click run of Diablo 2? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before in this thread, but it's not in the archives.