Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

getsuga posted:

I bought a bag for work :)

Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

zVxTeflon posted:

Congratulations

Seconding the link request.

Fluue posted:

Broke down and bought this coffee maker (Bonavita BV1800). Was getting tired of mediocre Keurig coffee and wanted to go back to saving some money using beans + grinder.

How do these compared in coffee quality with a french press? I had cheap Melita drip machine and it did ok coffee, but that's about it. I thought all drips were more or less the same and kind of ruled them all out.

\/ too bad I'm now poor forever because that thing looks nice as hell and my bag is dying. \/

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Mar 8, 2015

getsuga
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/briefcases/products/bolt-briefcase

It's a bit expensive, but I've heard nothing but good things about waterfield. I'm pretty excited.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

Inzombiac posted:

You have no idea how jealous I am.
One of these days I won't be poor and can buy fantastic boots, I tells ya!

I've been back and forth the past couple years on ordering them but I decided gently caress it. Can't wait for them to get here.

Also I bought some prescription sunglasses from Zenni Optical

Gonna see how they are before I splurge and buy a few different styles

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

-CHA posted:

Also this movie because it was the only Wes Anderson movie I haven't seen yet.

good, because it's his best one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good, because it's his best one.

Agreed, mostly because it's still his style but definitely transcends it to be more than that. It has a lot of substance underneath that's missing in most of his movies.

I bought this webcam for Youtubing and Skype.

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Mar 8, 2015

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good, because it's however Moonrise Kingdom is his best one.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Smoking deal on 105 5800 groupset at Merlin Cycles, couldn't pass it up

http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano...m_campaign=Awin

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

CaseFace McGee posted:

One of us one of us one of us

If you don't have it, buy the Skip Barber. Once you suck (a bit) less, join us in the iracing thread, and in the GoonCar series where I almost have secured the Season 3 championship as long as I don't massively gently caress up :woop:

We also have two or three teams running the Twelve Hours of Sebring at the end of the month, but you need at least a D4.0 license for that.

Thanks, the wheel gets here in a couple of days and I'll grab the Skip Barber first thing!

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Thirteen Orphans posted:

good, because it's however Moonrise Kingdom is his best one.

My wife and I loved Moonrise Kingdom.

I have high expectations for Budapest Hotel, though , it will be tough to be better than Moonrise.
It doesn't help that my wife works with delinquent children, so we identified with Moonrise pretty well.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

-CHA posted:

My wife and I loved Moonrise Kingdom.

I have high expectations for Budapest Hotel, though , it will be tough to be better than Moonrise.
It doesn't help that my wife works with delinquent children, so we identified with Moonrise pretty well.
They are both excellent, only thing that will make you like one more than the other is personal taste.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ralph fiennes was insanely awesome in grand budapest

FlushablPet
Apr 27, 2002
AtKajAndAarAt
Just ordered this 61" solid wood desk from Ikea.

Planning to sand it, then stain it with a dark oil down to a coffee color.
I say "ordered" because the Brooklyn Ikea was incapable of getting and keeping it in stock despite numerous assurances of stock "tomorrow". Ended up stumping for their extortionate online shipping :/

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

getsuga posted:

There's a world of difference between good drip coffee and keurig machines.

Huh, interesting. I thought the low quality of keurig coffee would have been to do with the processed coffee in the pod thing, not the process itself. I don't actually drink coffee or know anything about brewing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FlushablPet posted:

Just ordered this 61" solid wood desk from Ikea.

Planning to sand it, then stain it with a dark oil down to a coffee color.
I say "ordered" because the Brooklyn Ikea was incapable of getting and keeping it in stock despite numerous assurances of stock "tomorrow". Ended up stumping for their extortionate online shipping :/

IKEA's minimalist designs are getting a bit ridiculous.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Reverse Centaur posted:

IKEA's minimalist designs are getting a bit ridiculous.

Yeah you could have gotten the same thing cut to order at Home Depot.

FlushablPet
Apr 27, 2002
AtKajAndAarAt

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Yeah you could have gotten the same thing cut to order at Home Depot.

True, viable option, but I was after the wood strip look, which a cut-to-order piece of solid wood wouldn't give. Home Depot's butcher block style wood strip table tops are more than triple the price.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

AnimalChin posted:

Cross-posting from the Cigars and Pipes Discussion Thread.

Got a little gift card for my birthday and finally made it over to the local B&M to get a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 4-Panel Billiard.

(clicky for bigy)

Nice pipe! I have a pile of them and love smoking but I never really think to do it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's a place near me called Windsor Plywood that would sell the wood and cut and finish it for you for like $20. I dunno if 'Murica has such places though, it's not a drive thru or big box store.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Reverse Centaur posted:

There's a place near me called Windsor Plywood that would sell the wood and cut and finish it for you for like $20. I dunno if 'Murica has such places though, it's not a drive thru or big box store.

I live in America and there are loads of independent lumber mills and lumber warehouses that are willing to sell in small quantities to individuals, but most of them don't advertise much so most hobbyists don't know about them. My dad just hired a mobile mill to process two massive cherry trees he had to cut down, so I'll be swimming in as much cherry wood as I can handle for the next decade.

e: Those places don't generally sell glued-together planks like that guy's desk, though. It takes an insane amount of time to do that yourself, and if you aren't a Bob Vila-tier home carpenter it's really difficult to glue that together without having any wood glue spill into the surface, which can soak into the grain and make it look really jacked up when you stain it. He's also right that Home Depot charges an unreasonably high price for that, so Ikea is a pretty good option, assuming it's whole wood.

Sumac has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Mar 9, 2015

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
One of These Guys:

For this kiddo who is now too big for her swing:

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

From http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/ for some percentages off the normal price.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Dirt Devil steam cleaner because I like my steams clean.

(Why not a Kärcher? Because you can't get a Kärcher for 39€, that's why.)

e: :wtf: it's an American brand. No wonder they sold it to me at a 40€ discount. Probably made in China anyway.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Mar 9, 2015

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big mean giraffe posted:

Those look like running shoes...don't do deadlifts and squats in running shoes.

Give over, I oly lift in tennis shoes and it barely makes a difference. Comfort and convenience factor outweighs the couple % extra you might be able to put up as a casual lifter. Compressible heels won't kill you.

If you're having trouble hitting depth without a raised heel, work on your flexibility cause it must suck.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
After mostly just sampling stuff for a while I finally bought another full bottle of smell good juice.. Angel Men Pure Havane. Tobacco and honey goodness.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
A bunch of presents for my Star Wars-loving cousin.

Darth Vader Toaster

The Hardcover version of William Shakespeare's Star Wars Trilogy

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wait, so does that toaster only toast the part of the bread under the text? The rest remains untoasted?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

Wait, so does that toaster only toast the part of the bread under the text? The rest remains untoasted?
I think it makes the words Star Wars burnt toast.

Which is a compromise Star Wars nerds are willing to make I guess?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

See now KTM does it the right way and toasts everything but the logo, ensuring you don't have a burnt rear end piece of poo poo toast.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Perry Normal posted:

Huh, interesting. I thought the low quality of keurig coffee would have been to do with the processed coffee in the pod thing, not the process itself. I don't actually drink coffee or know anything about brewing.

It's both, from my understanding.

Yeah, it's fairly low quality coffee in the pods (even the best ones won't be as good as getting just average whole beans and grinding them yourself,) but even with one of the reusable cups, it's not great coffee.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but a Keurig brews under pressure, and the pods are designed with that in mind and will let hit hit that pressure. But even the best reusable cups aren't as good at letting it keep that pressure, so you get mediocre coffee even with fresh ground good beans.

That being said, that's exactly what I do, because the Keurig was a gift, and I'm the opposite of a coffee snob...I don't use the pods, because they're too expensive and a horrible waste in terms of garbage (only the foil top is recyclable, the plastic pod is not,) but I do use a reusable cup, filled with Kirkland brand coffee (pre-ground, in a big ol' can, too...top quality)

I've had good coffee. There's a place near me that roasts their own beans, grinds them fresh, etc... and I don't notice any real difference, so I'm not about to spend more money and time on something I can't appreciate.

I imagine how I feel about coffee is how other people feel about beer...I love good beers, could go on and on about differences in styles, types of hops and grains, etc... yet to someone like my girlfriend, it all "tastes like beer."

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's both, from my understanding.

Yeah, it's fairly low quality coffee in the pods (even the best ones won't be as good as getting just average whole beans and grinding them yourself,) but even with one of the reusable cups, it's not great coffee.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but a Keurig brews under pressure, and the pods are designed with that in mind and will let hit hit that pressure. But even the best reusable cups aren't as good at letting it keep that pressure, so you get mediocre coffee even with fresh ground good beans.

That being said, that's exactly what I do, because the Keurig was a gift, and I'm the opposite of a coffee snob...I don't use the pods, because they're too expensive and a horrible waste in terms of garbage (only the foil top is recyclable, the plastic pod is not,) but I do use a reusable cup, filled with Kirkland brand coffee (pre-ground, in a big ol' can, too...top quality)

I've had good coffee. There's a place near me that roasts their own beans, grinds them fresh, etc... and I don't notice any real difference, so I'm not about to spend more money and time on something I can't appreciate.

I imagine how I feel about coffee is how other people feel about beer...I love good beers, could go on and on about differences in styles, types of hops and grains, etc... yet to someone like my girlfriend, it all "tastes like beer."

I just get coffee from a nearby cafe. Sometimes even Starbucks!

funkatron3000
Jun 17, 2005

Better Living Through Chemistry

I bought a 150 year old 30 gallon cast iron cauldron for cooking a large amount of food for a large amount of people. It took almost a year to find since a lot of them have had holes drilled through the bottom and turned into rusted out planters. The metal underneath the crud on this one is in really great shape. :woop:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo how much does that thing weigh?

funkatron3000
Jun 17, 2005

50 - 75 pounds or so. I can carry it by myself, but it's easier with two people.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

funkatron3000 posted:

50 - 75 pounds or so. I can carry it by myself, but it's easier with two people.

That's fantastic. Does it have a manufacturer name on it? Is it the most awesome Griswold in existence?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wow, I've never seen one of those outside of a bugs bunny cartoon

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You should post that in GWS cast iron thread, it's early in the year but I'm pretty sure you won best cast iron purchase of the year.

funkatron3000
Jun 17, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's fantastic. Does it have a manufacturer name on it? Is it the most awesome Griswold in existence?

Haha, I wish. The "No 30" is the only marking that I've found on it so far, but I'm still working on stripping off the original seasoning. The inside is easily as sooth as a Griswold, no pitting at all.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Digital_Jesus posted:

See now KTM does it the right way and toasts everything but the logo, ensuring you don't have a burnt rear end piece of poo poo toast.

Does it frequently light the toast fully on fire as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ok I need to know what you're going to be cooking in that cauldron. It is amazing and I am jealous.