Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Apparently they announced some new R cast for the Viz dub at Katsucon: Sandy Fox as Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Milli posted:

Apparently they announced some new R cast for the Viz dub at Katsucon: Sandy Fox as Chibiusa and Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto.

Flone and Ash (or, more theoretically correct, Cosmos)

That...should be intresting.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm excited for that. Sandy Fox does crazy really well (assuming they use her for Black Lady too):

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

I'm excited for that. Sandy Fox does crazy really well (assuming they use her for Black Lady too):

I've only hered her cute (Sumomo, Flone) so who's that in the pic for reference?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ConanThe3rd posted:

I've only hered her cute (Sumomo, Flone) so who's that in the pic for reference?

Haruna Niekawa, main antagonist for the second arc of Durarara, possessed by an evil sword who loves humanity. Durarara episode 16 has most of her crazy, though she's also in episode 17.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Did they mention when some new episodes might be coming out?

My one, singular gripe with the dub is they're pronouncing Endymion wrong.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Travis343 posted:

Did they mention when some new episodes might be coming out?

My one, singular gripe with the dub is they're pronouncing Endymion wrong.

Hell, they flubbed the pronunciation of Mamoru and Anime too. I don't recall the Japanese dub going MA-mo-ru, but rather Mah-mor-oo. And last I checked Ah-knee-may is not how Anime is pronounced.

And it doesn't seem like they announced anything else other than the voices of Ali and An (Ali is Brian Beacock, AKA Monokuma and ToS2 Lloyd Irving. I have no clue who An's VA is though.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Hell, they flubbed the pronunciation of Mamoru and Anime too. I don't recall the Japanese dub going MA-mo-ru, but rather Mah-mor-oo. And last I checked Ah-knee-may is not how Anime is pronounced.

And it doesn't seem like they announced anything else other than the voices of Ali and An (Ali is Brian Beacock, AKA Monokuma and ToS2 Lloyd Irving. I have no clue who An's VA is though.)

I hope so because I'm the only Pokemon fan in the universe who hates Veronica Taylor.

...Then again, if she's voicing a woman and not a boy, I probably won't have the same ear bleeding problems.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Mah-mor-oo goes counter to how Japanese is vocalized, the last syllable is pretty obviously "ru"

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

hopeandjoy posted:

I hope so because I'm the only Pokemon fan in the universe who hates Veronica Taylor.

...Then again, if she's voicing a woman and not a boy, I probably won't have the same ear bleeding problems.

She's Nico Robin in the 4kids dub of One Piece if that helps.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

She's also Amelia in Slayers. Not a good example of a lower voiced adult woman, however.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I found this old Sailor Moon thing on a tumblr. Can anyone tell me what it says and where this might have came from? Usagi's dress is a different color and so is Dimando's cape.

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

Violet_Sky posted:

I found this old Sailor Moon thing on a tumblr. Can anyone tell me what it says and where this might have came from? Usagi's dress is a different color and so is Dimando's cape.

It looks like it's from a children's book, it's very straightforward. It says that Sailor Moon can't transform, and the prince says this is due to the black crystal he has. He grabs her and starts to hypnotize her. Then Tuxedo Mask tells her to snap out of it, saving her.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

They're short (6-7 pages) hardcover books printed by Kodansha that basically tell the anime story. I happen to have an old beat up one and here are some crappy phone camera photos

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A children's book about Sailor Moon S just makes me think of that one Spider-Man book for four-year olds about Venom

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ami "Plumbing Savant" Mizuno

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

As good a use for super powers as any, really.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ahahaha

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Who broke her neck?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

...And her spine, and her arms, and...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

No, you don't get it! It's ~pretty~ and ~elegant~.

...Oh, Crystal art, why are you so bad always?

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

No, you don't get it! It's ~pretty~ and ~elegant~.

...Oh, Crystal art, why are you so bad always?

It's really something when you do anatomy worse than Naoko Takeuchi.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You look kind of cool scouts.

Jupiter's left eye is trying to escape her face.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

This is all i can see looking at that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

This owns. Source?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some dude on twitter.
https://twitter.com/ta_shepard/status/567241413780193280

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

This owns. Source?

There's even a hoodlum in stupid sunglasses running away!

keet
Aug 20, 2005

Part of me is still curious if they'll attempt the next arc assuming SMC gets a second run. I mean there's also the usual issues, especially if they try to cram stuff into a 13-ep format again, but I think the slightly more serious tone the show has over all would work well for the Infinity Arc; they've done a good job with Chibiusa so far I think, since its less about framing her as this little kid the audience might identify with, and more like someone's scared kid. It helps a lot the S story in the comic is a little more nuanced and way less up its own rear end in regards to handling the newer characters (the musicals apparently handle it well, but I don't think the Outer Senshi have even been in other materials so far besides those) and IIRC the overall plot is a lot more coherent in it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I still legit enjoy Crystal and would love an adaption of the Infinity arc, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. How is Crystal even doing, relative to its budget?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'd wait until the TV airing ratings are in before we completely close the book on this gigantic clusterfuck and start worrying about Digimon Tri.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

a cartoon duck posted:

I still legit enjoy Crystal and would love an adaption of the Infinity arc, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. How is Crystal even doing, relative to its budget?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

With all the merchandising and how cheaply they're animated I've got to assume Crystal is making money hand over fist.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Well yeah, I never said the animation quality wasn't poo poo. I just didn't expect anything else after a year's worth of delays, a bi-weekly update schedule and a shoestring budget. I just like it for the unashamed nostalgia cash-grab that it is.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Travis343 posted:

With all the merchandising and how cheaply they're animated I've got to assume Crystal is making money hand over fist.

That assumes Toei is well run

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So Venus gets kidnapped next? These captures are a bit predictable and dull.
Ohohohoh you defeated the sister?! Too bad, we're taking this 15yo girl!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was going to say something but I remembered that Toei are doing this show so it's even odds

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Andrew_1985 posted:

So Venus gets kidnapped next? These captures are a bit predictable and dull.
Ohohohoh you defeated the sister?! Too bad, we're taking this 15yo girl!

Well to be fair they did that in the manga too.

Hell they did it in the 90s series as well but since they had a bunch of other poo poo going on in that as well they just cut the poo poo and took them all at once and saved them next episode.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

toei is making plenty of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

aers posted:

toei is making plenty of money

so are the cubs

• Locked thread