Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Who gives a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

:psyduck:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Grim Up North posted:

Tell me about :boom:.

This rules, who bought this?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

ninjahedgehog posted:

This rules, who bought this?

garbage day

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Garbage Day bought a whole bunch of emotes. He must be rich..

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

A lot of people have avatars based around what looks like an MS Paint drawing of a... bear?

Like this:

What's the source of this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pham Nuwen posted:

A lot of people have avatars based around what looks like an MS Paint drawing of a... bear?

Like this:

What's the source of this?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spurdo-sparde

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Prepare to never see :psyduck: the same way again: it's missing the hair on top.

Thanks

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What's this 'fishmech' thing about?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
A really bad poster. Worse than Three Olives or Toxxupation. He abandoned his old account because Lowtax restricted him to only posting in the hellthread. He's now called Nintendo Kid.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Suspicious Dish posted:

A really bad poster. Worse than Three Olives or Toxxupation. He abandoned his old account because Lowtax restricted him to only posting in the hellthread. He's now called Nintendo Kid.

Um excuse me, but Fishmech's spergy meltdowns are the best spergy meltdowns on the forums.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Why does Three Olives even post anymore? He's mocked rentlessly like every time.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Even negative attention is still attention I guess.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kimmalah posted:

Even negative attention is still attention I guess.

The Psyopmonkey Principle?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I kinda like fishmech, as long as I preserve a mental model of him as a 14-year-old sitting at his computer in a dress shirt and too-long tie.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
The smartest kid in America.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Subjunctive posted:

I kinda like fishmech, as long as I preserve a mental model of him as a 14-year-old sitting at his computer in a dress shirt and too-long tie.

Same.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Do not try to debate the fishmech. He's a blackbelt in google-fu and wiki-jitsu

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

Why does Three Olives even post anymore? He's mocked rentlessly like every time.

At least Fishmech's gimmick of having terrible opinions about everything is generally more applicable to the conversation at hand than Three Olives' schtick of being the living embodiment of every gay stereotype ever combined with that one bitch on the board of the HOA you can't stand.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
is it fishmech or twisty that had to explain goatse to the fbi

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

KillHour posted:

At least Fishmech's gimmick of having terrible opinions about everything is generally more applicable to the conversation at hand than Three Olives' schtick of being the living embodiment of every gay stereotype ever combined with that one bitch on the board of the HOA you can't stand.

fishmech has a lot of good opinions thank you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

willus posted:

Either fishmech or shaggar work for the NSA IIRC. IAGTCFEO (I Always Get Them Confused For Each Other)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

willus posted:

I think I'd like to hear this story.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I think I'd like to hear this story.

It was Twisty. He posted a thread about assassinating John McCain at some point and that got the FBI's attention.

Marvelous Twisty posted:

other highlights include

-because i edited the op to goatse, the fbi printed out a post of someone who quoted the original post. the post that the guy made was "You're gay."

- fbi asking what a goon was

- me describing goatse to the fbi men

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Why is "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" making a comeback?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

FutonForensic posted:

Because jet fuel can't melt steel beams

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FutonForensic posted:

People are just asking questions. Don't take it too seriously.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Subjunctive posted:

I kinda like psyopmonkey, as long as I preserve a mental model of him as a 14-year-old sitting at his computer in a dress.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I noticed it was starting to come back late January/early February. My guess is that it coincides with the Seattle Seahawk's run to the Super Bowl, and the possibility their head coach Pete Carroll may be a 9/11 truther.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kimmalah posted:

It was Twisty. He posted a thread about assassinating John McCain at some point and that got the FBI's attention.

You can't help but feel sorry for some of the weird poo poo the FBI has to deal with due to the Internet. I'm going to quote something from the Space Station 13 thread as another example;

(For context; Dr. Cogwerks is one of the game's server admins and coders)

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Some weirdo was making rapey and creepy comments in game one night at about one AM. I yelled at them, they responded with a couple weird cryptic messages and then this, roughly: "well thanks for all the fun times here, i've got my rifle loaded and i'm gonna be shooting up a school full of kids in the morning, so this is goodbye"

User key was his first initial and last name with a number, that same account name was also used by a certain college student's blog and google+ page. Found his city and college from those, and the IP address he was playing from matched the ip registry for that college. Submitted the admin log, ip and timestamps to the FBI's online tips form, got several frantic calls back from city police and FBI agents over the next several hours and ended up getting calls from various detectives and fbi agents every hour or so from one am to three pm. No goddamn sleep.

Dude's dorm room was raided and he was arrested within about three hours of his comments, dorm was searched, computer taken to forensics, all that jazz. I dunno what happened past that though. I did have to write up some incident reports and attach a whole bunch of supplementary text and pictures about what ss13 is, how we log player communications and login info, how people find the game, how people register for the game, and a whole bunch of other stuff like that. Somewhere there's a screenshot in an FBI evidence folder showing a bunch of regular players farting, because it was impossible to find any portion of the game chat panel WITHOUT farting.

goddamn you all

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

It was a week after Sandy Hook, I wasn't really in the mood to just handwave it away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

FutonForensic posted:

Its like you expect memes to behave logically.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's just... 9/11 was fourteen years ago. I was worried that a sequel or gritty reboot had come out recently and I totally missed it.

Man. There are kids lurking these forums that don't even know what a Twin Towers is. Pretty crazy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FutonForensic posted:

Man. There are kids lurking these forums that don't even know what a Twin Towers is. Pretty crazy.

On a lot of forums/websites, this is not true, but on Something Awful where you have to pay 10 dollars to sign up it's especially not true. Just because it's been a while since something happened does not mean the younger general population doesn't know about it especially if it was something incredibly noteworthy. That's why people are still making loss.jpg jokes in 2015, because there are kiddos out there that still find it funny.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, no I was joking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh okay. It's just that there are people that really think that so I was easily fooled.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I think it's because of this comic edit that popped up recently:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lightanchor posted:

I think it's because of this comic edit that popped up recently:

There seems to be a whole history of it here: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jet-fuel-cant-melt-steel-beams

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

drat, first meme of TYOOL 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

drat, first meme of TYOOL 2015.

If you believe that I have a dress to sell you