Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Suddenly some of my HECS predictions become self-fulfilling prophecies. Sorry guys :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Les Affaires posted:

D... do they post here? :ohdear:

Never seen them post in here. But they might read.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

Les Affaires posted:

Okay, this is a shoutout to Christopher Pyne, and/or the staffer who he has assigned to read this forum for policy ideas (lol).

I demand that you show some sign at your next press conference or parliament debate that indicates that you do indeed read this forum.

You probably already know what sign we need to confirm it.

I'll be waiting.

Introducing Minister of Stairs - Pyne

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Graic Gabtar posted:

Why would he do anything else?

The main criticism in that article is that this report somehow damages Australia on the world stage.

Last time I checked the world stage doesn't get a vote in Australian federal elections.

Also, much of the talk about this report is about "independence". To be honest that doesn't carry much weight with many people.
OK so he's now gone for A/ Only two more gang! Fingers crossed :pray:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
somebody stick a sign to the front door that says "no pynez aloud"

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

EvilElmo posted:

Never seen them post in here. But they might read.

Sure would be a shame if Christopher Pyne were to read some of the arguments in here and use them to adjust his policy.

Yep, a drat shame.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Anidav went up to a human being (?), in public, in earshot of other people, and said "Hey, want to come to our next Something Awful goonmeet?"

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Avshalom posted:

Anidav went up to a human being (?), in public, in earshot of other people, and said "Hey, want to come to our next Something Awful goonmeet?"

Look on the bright side, he had more chance of getting an answer in the affirmative than if he'd asked for a job.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think it's loving hilarious to ask Pyne to join Goons in eating Korean Chicken.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

He'll have more success passing his higher education laws at a goonmeet than over asian food with Clive.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Les Affaires posted:

He'll have more success passing his higher education laws at a goonmeet than over asian food with Clive.

Clive's favorite yum-cha place is actually just up the road from me. Maybe we could have Clive at a goon meet?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Clive's favorite yum-cha place is actually just up the road from me. Maybe we could have Clive at a goon meet?

I actually think Clive would listen too.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

CrazyTolradi posted:

I will fly to this goonmeet

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

CrazyTolradi posted:

he'd fit in i guess

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I seen him a couple of times at the mall where I work at Hope Island (no idea how he fits into that Mercedes)

Gold Coast Clivemeet anyone?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Seagull posted:

he'd fat in i guess

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Birb Katter posted:

I will fly to this goonmeet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ABC will now televise goonmeets with political special guests.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

EvilElmo posted:

A staffer for Pyne is a member of SA and has been for quite a few years now. I play CS with them.
There is a good chance I know who this is - he doesn't work for Pyne anymore, he even quit the Liberal Party to temporarily join the Greens. Just never mention the n-word around him - nuclear, he is a rabid supporter.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Anidav posted:

"Your weekly reminder not to watch G&M, Pyne Palmer and Anidav are all on and all being fuckwits."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anidav posted:

I bet you could actually pitch this. Like a working-class combination of Q&A and Kitchen Cabinet.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Cleretic posted:

I bet you could actually pitch this. Like a working-class combination of Q&A and Kitchen Cabinet.
Empty Kitchen Cabinet

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Cleretic posted:

Kitchen Goonmeet? We've already seen Anidavs kitchen and it wasn't TV worthy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

Gaspy Political Dating Show please.

Anidav can have an unpaid internship.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hooman posted:

Gaspy Political Dating Show please.

:argh:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

Why would he do anything else?

The main criticism in that article is that this report somehow damages Australia on the world stage.

Last time I checked the world stage doesn't get a vote in Australian federal elections.

Also, much of the talk about this report is about "independence". To be honest that doesn't carry much weight with many people.

I can't quite parse your argument here.

I'm not sure how you see the main criticism as "it damages Australia on the national stage" and not as "Australia is found to be torturing people". Yes, the world doesn't vote on our elections, but we're torturing people.

The article mentions independence once, and a UN appointed investigator of human rights who was himself tortured is not a good judge of what is and isn't torture? What does this mean that "it doesn't carry much weight with people". Vaccinations don't carry much weight with many people, that doesn't change what it is.

I see what you mean in why would he react in any other way, but it doesn't make his reaction any less loving despicable.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

"Heil friends, and vilkommen to love mit Gaspy. This is the only dating show where the ends totally justifies the means, and when the ends is love? Well, lets just say no special rapporteur will get us down"

*gaspy winks at camera followed by slow pan to shower recess*

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

I can't quite parse your argument here.

I'm not sure how you see the main criticism as "it damages Australia on the national stage" and not as "Australia is found to be torturing people". Yes, the world doesn't vote on our elections, but we're torturing people.

The article mentions independence once, and a UN appointed investigator of human rights who was himself tortured is not a good judge of what is and isn't torture? What does this mean that "it doesn't carry much weight with people". Vaccinations don't carry much weight with many people, that doesn't change what it is.

I see what you mean in why would he react in any other way, but it doesn't make his reaction any less loving despicable.

OK, I'll put it another way.

Most people don't give a crap what the UN says and probably regard said report as a bit of an academic wank.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Goon and A, hosted by Mills, co-hosted by Fruity. Panel of Cartoon, Hockey, Clive, Pyne and BCR.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Goons Christopher Pyne is at QUT today and I asked him to attend a Something Awful dot com meet up this month and he decline by saying

"I know what you guys do."

Hello Chris.

Sweet Jesus. So close.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav, in real life posted:

"Would you like to attend a Something Awful Dot Com meet-up?"

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Anidav posted:

Goon and A, hosted by Mills, co-hosted by Fruity. Panel of Cartoon, Hockey, Clive, Pyne and BCR.

Ratbag can be the show's weatherman that we send out to increasingly dangerous and irrelevant location shoots just to see how far you can push a goon before they break (fun fact: it's about halfway from the counter of Nandos to the parking lot outside an EB Games)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Eventually a Coalition MP will be peabrained enough to say yes.

That is the Brisgoon goal.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Clive! Yesssssss! :rms:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

I'm not sure I could dumb down economics enough to have a meaningful conversation with Hockey.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

It's not exactly a stretch target to be honest.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Anidav posted:

If this happens I wanna be there.

Clive too if that were to ever happen. We could pour one out for the destroyed dinosaur.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lol, moron. See how the idiot's argument changes from it's not happening to nobody who matters cares that it's happening.

*points* *laughs*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The only thing more tortured than the refugees is Ratfucker's logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm planning on moving to Norwood in a few months (right in Pynes electorate) and it's a nice area but knowing 50%+1 of the people there voted "Yup, Chris Pynes the guy for us!" terrifies me.

• Locked thread