Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i didnt even think of watch cases

if people are dumb enough to put cases on their cell phones i bet theyre dumb enough to put a case on their watch

i asked earlier what kind of case should i get for my edition, i don't want to scratch the gold.

i'm thinking hard plastic maybe with a burberry or tory burch print?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

zen death robot posted:

i always wanted a watch i have to charge daily

did you always want to not be able to read it in direct sunlight

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i asked earlier what kind of case should i get for my edition, i don't want to scratch the gold.

get the watch equivalent of those useless soft bendy plastic iphone cases that make the phone even more slippery

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i wonder how much the screen protectors for the apple computer iWatch will cost

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
get a flip cover case to protect teh screen from scratches. then when you flip it up the screen can turn on automatically/. battery saving and great to look at

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

bobbilljim posted:

get a flip cover case to protect teh screen from scratches. then when you flip it up the screen can turn on automatically/. battery saving and great to look at

maybe with a nice powerful rare earth magnet to keep it closed?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

does it bend??

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Beast of Bourbon posted:

maybe with a nice powerful rare earth magnet to keep it closed?

:gizz:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

zen death robot posted:

i always wanted a watch i have to charge daily

then i recommend an automatic, maybe a nice seiko 5. this compo watch will be terrible

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

whats his forums username

fabricated

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

the only person i work with who expressed anything but confusion at apple making a watch was the same guy who cried when steve jobs died and took a day off over it and tried carrying a cardboard replica of the iphone 6+ in his pocket to see if he'd be bothered by the size (he was)

hey you'd be surprised at how many people cried at that news

:negative:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RIP Steve

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

focal ischemia posted:

hey you'd be surprised at how many people cried at that news

:negative:

my indian engineer roommate moped for weeks

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

smart watches are dumb and if you disagree you are also dumb

yswpos bithc

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
:siren::siren::siren:

dear yospos

in case you havent noticed the tyrant smythe has decided to censor the thread you rightfully deserve http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705143

he has also silenced the free speech of the heroes who pointed this out

it is time to rise and demand the end of smythes tiny penised half assed bitch bullying and the start of my reign of high quality posts, and high quality terror

But if we fail, then the whole of sa, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted moderating. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if yospos lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour.

#saveyospos

:siren::siren::siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
that said at least hes not a windows user obsessed with codecs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
this should just be a pregame thread anyway imo nobodys going to want to wade through like 25 pages or whatever when the thing actually starts

pram
Jun 10, 2001

poty posted:

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if yospos lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour.

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

this should just be a pregame thread anyway imo nobodys going to want to wade through like 25 pages or whatever when the thing actually starts

actually all apple event related posts will go itt and i will gas all subsequent iterations of this thread until the event is over

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
poty is welcome to post his "great op" (actually it loving sucks just like his posting career) ITT tomorrow morning to kick it off. i will edit a link to his post into the OP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
poty is a tremendous fag + loser and i relish his suffering

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
free poty

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

how about that otterbox one, the one that has a great big hole in it to show that it's actually apple, and it's like 4 layers of rubber and plastic

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

then i recommend an automatic, maybe a nice seiko 5. this compo watch will be terrible

most seiko 5's don't have handwinding, they're rotor winding only.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'm ready tim. Show me the watch!

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Yo what time this thing at? I might like to have a peekaboo at it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
10am PDT depending on where you are that might be an hour off of what you're expecting since we're in daylight savings time now thanks to those loving farmers

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

how about that otterbox one, the one that has a great big hole in it to show that it's actually apple, and it's like 4 layers of rubber and plastic

if you have an otterbox case you had also better have a really dangerous or physically demanding job

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
So in about 10 hours ok I can watch this

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

if you have an otterbox case you had also better have a really dangerous or physically demanding job

if you have an otterbox case you probably wear your phone on a belt holster and also have two baby mamas, a dodge ram 1500, and eat pizza or burgers more than 3 times a week

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I'm really looking forward to taking phone and video calls on my apple watch like in dick tracy

that would be so cool!

and for privacy you can use the headphone jack for the included pair of EarPods!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
do you have to talk in to the watch close to your mouth or do you just hold it at arms length?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you tell

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Phildo posted:

So in about 10 hours ok I can watch this

ugh this is the exact same time I have a moving company as well as prospective tenants coming to visit.

I cannot have my tactical pants around my ankles with a box of tissues while they are touring my shithole apt. gently caress

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
it just seems so pointless, like wheres the killer app? i bet they will make a shitload off premium models and poo poo though

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
even if the killer app is 'people put their loving phones down' i'll buy one for all my friends

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
So you won't buy any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

emoji posted:

So you won't buy any?

airhorn.aiff

• Locked thread