Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

emoji posted:

So you won't buy any?

i can't believe you've done this :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

qirex posted:

what everyone wants: new macbook air

:pray:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

you should be praying for a smaller form factor iphone6

tim i believe in u

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Wild EEPROM posted:

most seiko 5's don't have handwinding, they're rotor winding only.

yeah that's the best part

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Ripoff posted:

you should be praying for a smaller form factor iphone6

tim i believe in u

no use, apple won't do poverty phones

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A URL INTO THE BROWSER. IT'S DARING FIREBALL DOT COM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JOHN GRUBER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME APPLE PREDICTIONS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PREDICTED THE WATCH PRICE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE FEATURES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
laffing at all the poo poo for brains nerd idiots itt and itf who dont think the apple watch will be a massive success because they think they know better or something loving idiots

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hope everyone is shorting aapl today for when it inevitably drops after they don't release a watch that literally cures cancer.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Apple Watch New Edition, now available in Blue Monday

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

maniacdevnull posted:

yeah that's the best part

are rotors old or something?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pissflaps posted:

laffing at all the poo poo for brains nerd idiots itt and itf who dont think the apple watch will be a massive success because they think they know better or something loving idiots

my bet is on "minor success", although i have no reason to trust my judgement

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

its gonna pwn

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Ripoff posted:

ugh this is the exact same time I have a moving company as well as prospective tenants coming to visit.

I cannot have my tactical pants around my ankles with a box of tissues while they are touring my shithole apt. gently caress

Orrrrrrrrrr you can have your tactical pants around your ankles with a box of tissues. If they are the right tenants, they'll understand.

I'm more interested today in what time gonna say ie how many billion iPhones sold etc. always nice to see them stick it to the other companies just a lil bit.

And a sneak peak at the 6s in 5s size, but I can't be greedy !

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

quoting for the inevitable failure

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pissflaps posted:

the apple watch will fail

...only by the ridiculous standards of "not being an iphone-sized success". it will be a solid success, somewhere between the ipad and the appletv, sell millions and millions of units, become a multi-billion dollar business unit overnight, and still be regarded as proof that apple has run out of ideas and is utterly adrift in the absence of irreplaceable steve jobs

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
this ipod? lame

iphone? sucks

nobody will buy these products *strokes beard*

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
apple watch will define the market for wearable technology and will normalise the idea of wearing a coloured screen on your wrist its a fact its coming deal with it

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Pissflaps posted:

apple watch will define the market for wearable technology and will normalise the idea of wearing a coloured screen on your wrist its a fact its coming deal with it

will it normalize the idea of charging your watch multiple times a day?

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

yes

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
i can see charging your watch every night being worth getting used to if the apple watch is really good. tbh i don't see a use for it though. but also tbh i didn't see a use for the ipad and i love my ipad now

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

this is pretty immaterial to me anyway cause my wrists are too small for watches

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

maniacdevnull posted:

yes

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
get this: before iphones people didnt expect to have to charge their phone every day

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Tiny Bug Child posted:

this is pretty immaterial to me anyway cause my wrists are too small for watches

are you a girl? normal sized watches look good on girls bc they look like oversized statement watches. otherwise, just get buff you matchstick-armed nerd

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Pissflaps posted:

get this: before iphones people didnt expect to have to charge their phone every day

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
pissflaps dropping truth bombs all over this thread

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

why are you laughing do you think im wrong or something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
it is kind of weird, since phones sort of unpopularized watches for a lot of people. genuinely curious about how popular this will be

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

also get this: before iphone ppl had phones that bent in half, like a sandwich

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
gettin' hype

also

The Management posted:

pissflaps dropping truth bombs all over this thread

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

yard salad posted:

with the iphone 6 they have that now :xd:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

yard salad posted:

You mean before iPhone 6? LOL

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pissflaps posted:

I dunno I'll reserve judgement until I see a use case for it that's actually really good other then look I can check what time it is

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

My Linux Rig posted:

I dunno I'll reserve judgement until I see a use case for it that's actually really good other then look I can check what time it is

a watch is for telling the time

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
is Awful.app being ported to apple watch yet?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
let's all go back to startacs

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

lol @ needing a "use case" for your fashion and clothes. I bet youre like "No thank you mr. salesman, I need a proper use case for this collared shirt and tie... Guess Ill go back to my coding dungeon where my fellow polyester pants wearing autists will congratulate me on my rational actor choice an run some JUNits on my socks"

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

also, looking good and also showing people you got somehing good goin on

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

yard salad posted:

are you a girl? normal sized watches look good on girls bc they look like oversized statement watches. otherwise, just get buff you matchstick-armed nerd

no but i dress up like one every now and then so i'll keep that in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Pissflaps posted:

yard salad posted:

also, looking good and also showing people you got somehing good goin on

the apple watch will be bad at both of these tasks.

• Locked thread