Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I am torn between keeping the M48 Patton or selling it to fund the E-100. It sucks to lose 3.5m credits and 30g for the equipment removal, but the tank really is not any better than the kickass M46.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

So far it's on SEA and US so I guess it's to keep retention up on the lovely, empty servers.

If they want to keep retention up they might want to try getting servers that dont have stupid as gently caress routing.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I can not drag any of these loving teams to victory today. Normally I would just quit but I still have to get 40k more experience for my 1500 gold.

Session statistics:

Wins/Battles: 3 (10) (30.0%)

Efficiency/WN8: 2 909 (100) 3 541 (100)

:shepicide:

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
Holy moly artillery are a blight upon this game.
Literally pining for the glory days of world of TDs.

SARSfest fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 9, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I. Hate. These. loving. Retards.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Agrajag posted:

I. Hate. These. loving. Retards.

well, I can tell you why. I see some shitlord on your team calling himself bravo company. That is an automatic call out of a bad. You had a guy from vets, a clan of bads. Then again, your team somehow failed to kill a usmc which is another bad clan. Judging from his damage of zero, he either was afk botting or hanging out in some pointless place and was got off on the rest of his team being more functional.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JuffoWup posted:

well, I can tell you why. I see some shitlord on your team calling himself bravo company.

He's totally a Marine Scout Sniper SEAL Ranger Delta Force Tier One Operator whose been neck deep in the the poo poo, man.

(no, this isn't him)

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Guess what happened here.

SPG-13 was such a drag.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Welp fortunately I already did the 125k mission because I just got a ban for 3 shot team killing a T-150 who camped spawn doing nothing, and then as soon as the enemy pushed our spawn drove away in the opposite direction leaving me alone there. Was worth it.

The useless gently caress didn't even have to shoot straight, all I needed him to do was be there and get shot at and my Achilles could have taken both damaged IS tanks and at least hurt the T-34-1, but no.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
You guys can say whatever you want about the sexton, but the STA-2 is the worst premium in the game all things considered. It has absolutely nothing going for it. I like how it's supposed to be balanced with the CDC. I'm averaging 700 damage per game lower than the CDC in it, and I sort of doubt I'm going to play if any more tbh. It's a worthless tank

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He's totally a Marine Scout Sniper SEAL Ranger Delta Force Tier One Operator whose been neck deep in the the poo poo, man.

(no, this isn't him)

I don't know American medals, how many of those are for not hurting yourself while sitting at a desk?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

(no, this isn't him)

Wow, he retired from the USMC and moved into Willy Wonka's candy factory and became head of Quality Control and Product Testing. (that's code for sitting at the end of the conveyor belt while poo poo falls right into your mouth.)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Ensign Expendable posted:

I don't know American medals, how many of those are for not hurting yourself while sitting at a desk?

MGySgt SEAL Team 6 & 3/4ths was probably :airquote: awarded :airquote: them for playing WOT under the name SEALTEAM6&3/4 and has a lifetime WN8 of 124.

Is the Comet the "good player" tank? Agrajag got over 2400 in damage and 4 kills and only got 2nd class mastery.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smugdog:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MoraleHazard posted:

Is the Comet the "good player" tank? Agrajag got over 2400 in damage and 4 kills and only got 2nd class mastery.

No, the Comet sucks. Its just hard to get masteries when you lose, though getting Steel Wall helped. He might have gotten ace instead of 2nd class if he had won.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

you guys are aware that the leo has more armour than the CDC on all sides? + it has way friendlier mm. I still can't wrap my head around how you get a steelwall in the CDC.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atal Vataman posted:

you guys are aware that the leo has more armour than the CDC on all sides? + it has way friendlier mm. I still can't wrap my head around how you get a steelwall in the CDC.

Get shot in the gun by a 152mm shell 3 times, then have a MT25 with the autocannon magdump in your frontplate.

Only way I can see this work.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I have several Steel Walls in my FCM 50t. That gun mantlet block is barely larger than the diameter of the gun itself, but it will bounce shots. It seems that autoaim puts lazy pubbie shots right on the only place that in any possible scenario can bounce a shot.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

MoraleHazard posted:

I ... think so? It's easy to do badly in it (thin armor, low alpha), but if you're very good it can be rewarding (excellent turret shape, good gun depression, and IIRC decent pen/precision/dps; fairly mobile).

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
Hello I found a great way to get better at tanks to be honest and wanted to share it with my goonfriends :^).

So when I look back at my no doubt very informative and eye opening posts in here I realised that I forgot to mention one crucial thing that makes you a gooder tanker.
Your nutrition!
You know how tanks only work when they're really well maintained and greased and lubed ?

You have to become the grease to maintain a positive WR and triple unicumlette stats.
I suggest starting with a diet that contains no water (water is really unhealthy if you think about it...like most of our body is made of it..so why drink more tbh ?)
So I melt butter and put insta gravy in it and mix mountain dew in too...this gives you the vitamins from the gravy...the animal protein from the butter AND the electrolytes from the mountain dew.
This is really a good diet and I think even the pro athletes in the National Eating League actually use this diet to get really fit.

So please share your own experience here :^) I have basically become a gooder tanker running this diet for 4 months.
My doctor says I'm really healthy except for mortal obesity and diabetes...but then I just tell him my tank stats and he's speechless....take that you white wearing penny pincher !

Logics > health care tbh

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Alright if we're going to start sharing health tips, here's a great diet : the baguette diet.

Since the dawn of mankind, and more importantly the dawn of France (the only country that matters), people have been left in awe by all the great things France brought to the world. You might even be enjoying some of these right now, as the internet (le internet de cul), beer (la bière de cul), sex (le sexy honhonhon petite demoiselle n'est-ce pas), diabetes (la maladie du gros cul honhon) and even tanks (le tanque de cul) are all the product of french genius.

But beyond simply being an entirely superior people because of their wonderful and perfect genetics and upbringing, the french also rely on their miracle diet to continually amaze and lead the world to a brighter future. Today, I will share with you this secret, or at least what I can disclose without getting murdered by the french illuminatis (les illuminatis du cul).

First of, baguettes have the perfect shape to enhance any sort of meal. They can enhance from the most humble sandwich (la sorcière de sable) to the elaborate bag of doritos (les petits triangles oranges dégueulasses), just by making the meal more convenient to ingest thanks to their oblong shape. After all if the phallic shape wasn't the easiest of them all to stuff down one's mouth, your mom would have a lot of trouble gargling about 2 miles of dicks (trois kilomètres de queue) every night like the little hungry cockslut she is (la petite salope affamée de teub).

Secondly, baguettes are made from wheat, and wheat is hella healthy, because the two words share a lot of letters. They also have a lot of the useful carbs that you need to burn to keep a good tank k/d:ratio, fibers to poop nice solid turds on pubbies, and tasty crust.

Thirdly, and this is maybe the secret to french might and intellect, they can absorb the very essence of, the very soul of everything around them thanks to their tasty, soft, fluffly crumb will absorb every good thing around them (wealth, strength, health, frenchness...) while leaving the bad things (poverty, bad stats, norwegians) aside like some sort of sentient sponge. Then, once you ingest the baguette, all those good things will flow into you and your winrate will skyrocket, your dick will gain a few inches (about 7, to bring it to the french average), women will find your pube-like neckbeard extremely attractive, and disgusting pubbies will start paying you to teach them how to play.

To conclude, baguettes are the number one (numero un) source of good things, and if you eat enough, one day you might even be almost as good as a frenchman.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

WitchFetish posted:

Alright if we're going to start sharing health tips, here's a great diet : the baguette diet.

Since the dawn of mankind, and more importantly the dawn of France (the only country that matters), people have been left in awe by all the great things France brought to the world. You might even be enjoying some of these right now, as the internet (le internet de cul), beer (la bière de cul), sex (le sexy honhonhon petite demoiselle n'est-ce pas), diabetes (la maladie du gros cul honhon) and even tanks (le tanque de cul) are all the product of french genius.

But beyond simply being an entirely superior people because of their wonderful and perfect genetics and upbringing, the french also rely on their miracle diet to continually amaze and lead the world to a brighter future. Today, I will share with you this secret, or at least what I can disclose without getting murdered by the french illuminatis (les illuminatis du cul).

First of, baguettes have the perfect shape to enhance any sort of meal. They can enhance from the most humble sandwich (la sorcière de sable) to the elaborate bag of doritos (les petits triangles oranges dégueulasses), just by making the meal more convenient to ingest thanks to their oblong shape. After all if the phallic shape wasn't the easiest of them all to stuff down one's mouth, your mom would have a lot of trouble gargling about 2 miles of dicks (trois kilomètres de queue) every night like the little hungry cockslut she is (la petite salope affamée de teub).

Secondly, baguettes are made from wheat, and wheat is hella healthy, because the two words share a lot of letters. They also have a lot of the useful carbs that you need to burn to keep a good tank k/d:ratio, fibers to poop nice solid turds on pubbies, and tasty crust.

Thirdly, and this is maybe the secret to french might and intellect, they can absorb the very essence of, the very soul of everything around them thanks to their tasty, soft, fluffly crumb will absorb every good thing around them (wealth, strength, health, frenchness...) while leaving the bad things (poverty, bad stats, norwegians) aside like some sort of sentient sponge. Then, once you ingest the baguette, all those good things will flow into you and your winrate will skyrocket, your dick will gain a few inches (about 7, to bring it to the french average), women will find your pube-like neckbeard extremely attractive, and disgusting pubbies will start paying you to teach them how to play.

To conclude, baguettes are the number one (numero un) source of good things, and if you eat enough, one day you might even be almost as good as a frenchman.

WOW this is really good ?! Can I dip baguettes in gravy ?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

GiantHurtBall posted:

No

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

GiantHurtBall posted:

No, what the gently caress is wrong with you? You never dip the baguettes in the sauce. You're only supposed to dip them in the fudge.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So got 1500g for two days for lazy grinding, and now I can get a SU-FIRETHEBASSCANNON100Y for logging in every day?

What the gently caress is going on.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Mesadoram posted:

So got 1500g for two days for lazy grinding, and now I can get a SU-FIRETHEBASSCANNON100Y for logging in every day?

What the gently caress is going on.

Just the normal appeasement policy for the whiny NA community.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

Personally, I found it so-so. It's a Cromwell one tier higher that trades some speed for a turret glacis that might at times bounce a shot. It's a nice allrounder , but there's no real outstanding strenghts except good soft stats on the gun. And that same 17-pdr has kinda anemic alpha damage at tier 7. It was kind of a low point in the british med line for me, though not nearly as much of a living hell as the stock Centurion at tier 8.

(Through the entirety of the british medium and heavy lines, I've found nothing as painful as the stock Centurion Mk.1. That thing has meh mobility, puny alpha and pen and no armor in the hull or turret. It's a real revelation how that tank changes with the upgraded non-squishy turret, the 20-pounder and the final engine that leaves you still kinda slow for a med, but gives you some great accelleration and performance over rough ground and up hills.)

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 9, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Infected posted:

Just the normal appeasement policy for the whiny NA community.

:goonsay:
loving UNISCUM WP USING gently caress LORDS GET STUFF ALL THE TIME IN THIS PAY TO WIN GAME! I WANT TO GET DESERVE FREE STUFF TOO! I GOT A LOWE, T34, FCM, CDC, etc. AND I DESERVE SOMETHING NICE FOR MY HARD EARNED TOTALLY RNG BASED 45% WIN RATE!
:goonsay:

Seriously though, what the gently caress. I've never seen them do weird poo poo like this since WoP came out.

Edit: I am not complaining, free stuff is nice. Just find it a little... weird.

V Same here bro, same here... :hfive:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 9, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I got a free T34 once :3:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
My guess is, as another post said earlier, they are either having crazy high turnover for new players or losing whales.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

Missing Name posted:

No, what the gently caress is wrong with you? You never dip the baguettes in the sauce. You're only supposed to dip them in the fudge.

Actually I think I can do whatever I want because you're not my dad ?! So I dip my baguette in to the gravy...But I think baguette contains water ?

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

My guess is, as another post said earlier, they are either having crazy high turnover for new players or losing whales.

Seems likely, low tiers are a mess and barely populated due to stigma and roving platoons of people who don't care about the stigma, and the whales are probably fed up with never winning despite having a premium account.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Tanks isn't fun to give a drat about and the game desperately wants to make you care about each match.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If they deleted tiers 1-4 and people got to start off with Shermans, panzers and t-34s people might stick it out more.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Computer viking posted:

I ... think so? It's easy to do badly in it (thin armor, low alpha), but if you're very good it can be rewarding (excellent turret shape, good gun depression, and IIRC decent pen/precision/dps; fairly mobile).

Low alpha, high DPM tanks have an interesting thing going for them. Namely that shitters respond to big noises, not little ones. You'll constantly be finding yourself amazed that some shithead idiot doesn't even turn his turret towards you or retreat in any way after you've pumped 10 rounds into his rear end. It adds up quickly. It's one of the reasons I really like the Easy 8 and prefer the M1A2 over the 105mm.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BadLlama posted:

If they deleted tiers 1-4 and people got to start off with Shermans, panzers and t-34s people might stick it out more.

Not having literally half the grind be in tier nine would be nice too. But the lowbies are the exact wrong tanks to start with.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

srb posted:

Seems likely, low tiers are a mess and barely populated due to stigma and roving platoons of people who don't care about the stigma, and the whales are probably fed up with never winning despite having a premium account.

WG does not seem to realize that the demographics on the North America server is probably different from EU/RU. And in order to retain new players and whales they probably have to adjust something about the rewards to appeal to more people, if they want to do that.

I'm really pulling this poo poo out of my rear end but I do notice that a lot more people play when the loss of credits are offset by mission specials that are super forgiving. How many of those are new players? I don't have a loving clue. I personally think WG has to admit that the North America server is a lot more casual and adjust to that kind of demographic.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 9, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Having players start with Shermans/etc and having the option of researching backwards would be neat. T4 and T3 would probably be 100% unplayable though.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
moving new players up through the tiers faster is a ridiculously bad idea; I already see plenty of accounts with <3k games making GBS threads up tier 9 games and the constant giveaways are only accelerating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jack_tripper posted:

moving new players up through the tiers faster is a ridiculously bad idea; I already see plenty of accounts with <3k games making GBS threads up tier 9 games and the constant giveaways are only accelerating it

Bad players with only one or two thousand games making GBS threads up higher tier games is preferable to people with five thousand games just in the WT100 with 1100 average damage in it.