Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

New Leaf posted:

I like the fan theory that GT is an alternate universe if Beerus never came to Earth.

Or at the very least, got his pudding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD7N-4f_JRY
This was posted in the Xenoverse boards, thought I should share. It's some Battle of the Gods scenes with the VA shown during the action. Some of their expressions and stuff are so adorable... Goku's VA (name escapes me) is so into it, it somehow makes me like him more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Jason Douglas is clearly having the time of his life in that video. I love it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD7N-4f_JRY
This was posted in the Xenoverse boards, thought I should share. It's some Battle of the Gods scenes with the VA shown during the action. Some of their expressions and stuff are so adorable... Goku's VA (name escapes me) is so into it, it somehow makes me like him more.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite bonus features ever. Sean Schemmel just really gives it his all when he's screaming his head off. And they picked an amazing Beerus.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pilaff wished for a return to his youth back at the start of GT, right? So GT has to have happened.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Nope. He's elderly in GT and wishes for Goku to become a child. This wish for his own youth is offscreen between Z and Battle of Gods.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gonzo McFee posted:

Pilaff wished for a return to his youth back at the start of GT, right? So GT has to have happened.

First, no, Battle of Gods takes place before GT, because Pan is still an embryo. Second, at the start of GT, Pilaf wished for GOKU to get younger and that wish was made with the Black Star Dragon Balls.

Edit: WHY DO I KNOW THAT?! I NEVER WATCHED GT.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ah good. GT was just a bad dream.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
All Toriyama needs to do to keep things in line with DBZ's epilogue is keep everyone alive. I'm not really sure why people are acting like it's some kind of super restricting deadbolt on what he can do with the new movies.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously gently caress continuity.

More importantly.

gently caress GT.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I doubt that Goku was going full tilt in his fight with Uub and he never really got hurt at all despite being in base and taking some loving enormous hits, so I wouldn't say the ending is terribly at odds with BoG/RoF.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hobo Siege posted:

I doubt that Goku was going full tilt in his fight with Uub and he never really got hurt at all despite being in base and taking some loving enormous hits, so I wouldn't say the ending is terribly at odds with BoG/RoF.

Oh of course he wasn't at full power. When he does go to full power, there's tsunamis and buildings crumble and the sky darkens and the earth shatters and everyone stands around agape and aghast. I'd imagine Uub was probably Saiyan to Namek Saga level without even trying, which is why it was impressive. Krillin throwing a rock at Goku hurt. He might have gotten socked a couple times, but it didn't cause any lasting damage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In the manga he specifically mentioned his arm hurt after blocking a direct kick from Uub so there's that.

It's still a poo poo ending where Goku runs off from his family again to train a punchman anyway.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

I like the fan theory that GT is an alternate universe if Beerus never came to Earth.

I like this theory because it insinuates that GT is some sort of Future Trunks-esque dark timeline

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

In the manga he specifically mentioned his arm hurt after blocking a direct kick from Uub so there's that.

It's still a poo poo ending where Goku runs off from his family again to train a punchman anyway.

I really liked him hanging out with baby Pan, ironically the only time he treats little kids like actual little kids is not his own.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Bear in mind that Uub desperately needs the money from winning the Tenkaichi to provide for his family and Goku just decides to move in. Problem here being that Goku doesn't work but eats more in one meal than Uub's family probably eats in a month.

Sure, he asks Satan for money, but the thought of Goku of all people moving into a poor family's home is terrifying to me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

Bear in mind that Uub desperately needs the money from winning the Tenkaichi to provide for his family and Goku just decides to move in. Problem here being that Goku doesn't work but eats more in one meal than Uub's family probably eats in a month.

Sure, he asks Satan for money, but the thought of Goku of all people moving into a poor family's home is terrifying to me.

It's not like he couldn't just zip around the world in a second and bring back roasted dinosaur.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aurain posted:

He's also got close ties with two of the richest families on the planet(The Satans and the Briefs), so I doubt the village will have money problems anymore.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
with the release of Xenoverse its pretty clear what is going to happen with all the things that dont' make sense when looking back at the original DBZ Timeline

the time patrol fixed it and the stuff he is doing now is the real timeline

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eonwe posted:

with the release of Xenoverse its pretty clear what is going to happen with all the things that dont' make sense when looking back at the original DBZ Timeline

the time patrol fixed it and the stuff he is doing now is the real timeline

The funny thing is that the Time Patrol was responsible for some hosed up stuff.

Like Bardock traveled back in time to fight Brolly. The last we see of him is Trunks going "Don't worry, I'll take care of it", implying he's going to get Bardock back to where he belongs in time

The next time we see Bardock he travelled back event further in time. Good fuckin' job, Trunks.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ImpAtom posted:

The funny thing is that the Time Patrol was responsible for some hosed up stuff.

Like Bardock traveled back in time to fight Brolly. The last we see of him is Trunks going "Don't worry, I'll take care of it", implying he's going to get Bardock back to where he belongs in time

The next time we see Bardock he travelled back event further in time. Good fuckin' job, Trunks.

I guess that explains how Episode of Bardock happened.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Bee posted:

I guess that explains how Episode of Bardock happened.

If you assume everything hosed up in DBZ happens because Future Trunks is a giant screwup it makes so much sense.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

I like this theory because it insinuates that GT is some sort of Future Trunks-esque dark timeline

That explains the guyliner and fingerless gloves.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

If you assume everything hosed up in DBZ happens because Future Trunks is a giant screwup it makes so much sense.

Man no wonder why DBZA Vegeta was so disappointed with Trunks. :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does GT mean?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Grand Tour Goku Time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

step into the grand tour grand tour grand tour
step into the grand tour dragon ball gt
ooooooooooooooh

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I like to think that after you disappeared he murdered Bardock to get time back on track and threw Brolly into space, but he just ended up in orbit and crashed back down for the second Brolly movie.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I always assumed GT was the universe where the movies happened.

Also one part of GT most people have forgotten was they skipped everything up to the Metal Planet where Baby first showed up when they did it in English to get straight to the DBZ parts then later tried to sell the Adventure parts as 'The Lost Episodes'.

Seriously I know so much about GT.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BlitzBlast posted:

step into the grand tour grand tour grand tour
step into the grand tour dragon ball gt
ooooooooooooooh

Oh God, I thought I'd scrubbed this from my memory. I hate you so much.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

Can't be any worse than the 3-way war between King Piccolo, Gero's Red Ribbon Androids, and Babidi.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

Can't be any worse than the 3-way war between King Piccolo, Gero's Red Ribbon Androids, and Babidi.

That should seriously be an expansion, or even a full sequel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm rewatching Dragon Ball for the first time in so long and drat, I forgot how different and good it is. Goku's too adorable.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

That should seriously be an expansion, or even a full sequel.

I just wanted to sit and listen to that guy tell me the whole story.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

It's fine. His kids are a mid to late teen, his wife is used to him not being around in general, and he can just teleport back whenever he feels like it (or his family can spend 1 second flying there if they really want to see him).

People get kind of confused because GT had him leave to train with Uub for like 10 years and never go see his family the whole time or something.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Uub gets like one mention in Xenoverse. If Vegeta's your mentor one of his throwaway lines when you talk to him is how Kakarot took that kid Uub as his student and he's going to make you be better.

Which, I guess you already are by existing.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Latest DBM page is all colored and purdy. I really like the point they chose to have Universe 4 split off from the main timeline. I really wondered why Buu didn't do that in the first place. Just stand there and watch them rip out your entire high-level consciousness?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'd love to see more Future Trunks in any upcoming DBZ movies or OVAs. Especially if it involves him hanging out with Android 18 awkwardly.

There was a scenario in Supersonic Warriors 2 where he goes back to Goku's timeline and finds 18 in the city and thinks she's up to no good. But she's just shopping, so Trunks just follows her around awkwardly and waits for something to happen.

And then an army of Meta Coolers invades the Earth. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man it'd be so great if Future Trunks went back in time and accidentally ended up in the reserve 17 works at.

Imagine his reaction if he got arrested for trespassing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd love to see more Future Trunks in any upcoming DBZ movies or OVAs. Especially if it involves him hanging out with Android 18 awkwardly.

There was a scenario in Supersonic Warriors 2 where he goes back to Goku's timeline and finds 18 in the city and thinks she's up to no good. But she's just shopping, so Trunks just follows her around awkwardly and waits for something to happen.

And then an army of Meta Coolers invades the Earth. :allears:

'X does Y awkwardly, and then MONSTERS' sounds like the perfect plot for anything DBZ

• Locked thread