Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rinkles posted:

Bile blight?

Some differences about Bile Blight that make it better: It has incredible, win the game, blow out potential, if they see it game 1, they have to play around it the rest of the match and it will change how aggressive they advance their board against you. It's not dead against control decks that run Elspeth or Big Garruk in G1's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Is Ultimate Price really a good mainboard card though? It doesn't hit 2/3 of the threats in the most popular deck. It hits everything in R/W Aggro, but it doesn't seem like that much of an improvement over Hero's Downfall to suggest its a complete killer of that deck (which itself gets better with Roast in the format).

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I could see it in Modern Merfolk (the UU show dragon counterspell) since you are animating mutavaults anyway, if your opponent interferes with your lords or something (barring abrupt decay) then it seems alright. Worth trying in some shape or form.

Or I dunno, that opinion might be terrible because I am a horrible player who plays merfolk in modern. :shrug:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Constructed applications aside, with how many stupid dragons there are in this set this is pretty much counterspell in limited right?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Samael posted:

I could see it in Modern Merfolk (the UU show dragon counterspell) since you are animating mutavaults anyway, if your opponent interferes with your lords or something (barring abrupt decay) then it seems alright. Worth trying in some shape or form.

Or I dunno, that opinion might be terrible because I am a horrible player who plays merfolk in modern. :shrug:

Mutavault is a land and only a land in your hand. You can't reveal it for that card.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

jassi007 posted:

Mutavault is a land and only a land in your hand. You can't reveal it for that card.

Yes, but if you have it in play and animated, you control a Dragon, and thus it's full Counterspell.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Constructed applications aside, with how many stupid dragons there are in this set this is pretty much counterspell in limited right?

Based on what is spoiled, no. There's zero spoiled common dragons (though just 10/101 commons spoiled overall), seven spoiled uncommon dragons (23/80 overall).

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes, but if you have it in play and animated, you control a Dragon, and thus it's full Counterspell.

No, he knows that, its that not being able to reveal it and having to pay to turn Mutavault on cuts down on the upside of the card by a lot.

Lunsku posted:

Based on what is spoiled, no. There's zero spoiled common dragons (though just 10/101 commons spoiled overall), seven spoiled uncommon dragons (23/80 overall).

Based on the design file they leaked, there apparently are 0 dragon cycles at common. Perhaps there will be red whelps or something.

Or a rare Dragonland that produces whelps. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Angry Grimace posted:

No, he knows that, its that not being able to reveal it and having to pay to turn Mutavault on cuts down on the upside of the card by a lot.

Fair enough. It didn't seem like it, since Samael's whole post was predicated on having animated mutavaults, so it felt like that was overlooked. :shrug:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Please spoil gw command so I can complain that a block doesn't have enemy color commands yet.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Bugsy posted:

Not really. If you have three dragons in your UU-instant-supporting-deck (is this even likely in a good deck?) then you have only a seventy percent chance of seeing one in the top thirteen cards.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

Based on the design file they leaked, there apparently are 0 dragon cycles at common. Perhaps there will be red whelps or something.

Or a rare Dragonland that produces whelps. :negative:
I'm still super curious to see what the draco-keystones are going to look like, assuming they made it to ship.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kyrosiris posted:

A more likely scenario for Merfolk is that if your opponent has fewer than three untapped lands, Mana Leak is full Counterspell.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SteelMentor posted:

LGS got their Dragonfury board in the post and the whole thing's surprisingly fun for what amounts to a cheap sideshow game. I hope it becomes popular because more silly rear end games like that would make Pre-Releases so much more fun.
We have p bad hand eye coordination so we'll complain until we can have good and right intellectual puzzles like the star(navel)gazing Theros game. gently caress you jocks!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

We have p bad hand eye coordination so we'll complain until we can have good and right intellectual puzzles like the star(navel)gazing Theros game. gently caress you jocks!

Reprint Chaos Orb

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Me in my boxing gloves: fumbles around and rolls 2 points then angrily smashes the board

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

En Fuego posted:

So, Slum's UU turns into 1UU in modern (not good), or you have to have NI in your hand (not played).

Nooooooope

I dunno, Inversion isn't actually all that bad. I was thinking that the card might be decent in like a UB faeries shell, where a random 1/1 can team up with inversion to kill basically anything. The one thing that Inversion misses that is actually relevant is like Deceiver Exarch and Siege Rhino. It's an interesting idea at the least.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hedonist's Trove
5BB
Enchantment
When Hedonist's Trove enteres the battlefield, exile all cards in target's opponents graveyard.

You may play land cards exiled by Hedonist's Trove.

One per turn, you may cast a nonland card exiled by Hedonist's Trove.

--

I doubt this is a good card, but I like it.

E:though the fact that it doesn't help w/ mana colors, after requiring all that set up, sucks. Assuming that wasn't missed in translation.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 9, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm a fan of all the two mana hate cards, that red Mythic looks sweet as gently caress, and I'm sure someone will come up with awesome synergies around Mirror Mockery. All in all a good spoiler morning.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rinkles posted:

Hedonist's Trove
5BB
Enchantment
When Hedonist's Trove enteres the battlefield, exile all cards in target's opponents graveyard.

--

E:though the fact that it doesn't help w/ mana colors, after requiring all that set up, sucks. Assuming that wasn't missed in translation.

The T1 Waste Not/Dark Deal deck gets another weapon!

Rules question. The new if I have the new Anafenza out and I play a Hordeling Outburst, do i have 3 2/2 or a 4/4 and 2 1/1's?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Hedonist's Trove
5BB
Enchantment

--

That's why you can play their lands. It still sucks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

That's why you can play their lands.

Oh god that's awful.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

mcmagic posted:

Rules question. The new if I have the new Anafenza out and I play a Hordeling Outburst, do i have 3 2/2 or a 4/4 and 2 1/1's?

Nontoken. So you have a 2/2 and 3 1/1s.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

mcmagic posted:

You have 3 1/1s because tokens don't trigger Anafenza.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mcmagic posted:

The former, if I'm seeing it right. Three tokens come in, three Anafenza triggers on the stack. First one resolves, put a counter on a gobbo. Repeat twice, you have four bears for the price of two and a half.

Anafenza says non-token. If she didn't, you'd get bears.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

Nontoken. So you have a 2/2 and 3 1/1s.

poo poo. NM Anafenza sucks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

poo poo. NM Anafenza sucks.

If White Weenie ever made a comeback...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Much like Blood Chin Fanatic, Anafenza is a victim of wanton "another"ing.

I don't know if she sucks though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

If White Weenie ever made a comeback...

Even then she's bad if she doesn't work with tokens... She's just too fragile. Limited bomb though.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I hope there's more black exploit stuff coming

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Rinkles posted:

Hedonist's Trove
5BB
Enchantment

Sooooo much work.
Step 1: Get to 7 mana
Step 2: Mill an opponent enough that there are a significant amount of lands in their yard (fetches don't help) and spells to make it worthwhile.
Step 3: Cast this
Step 4: Profit at a glacial pace, casting 1 spell per turn and hope the enchantment doesn't get removed.

It's not even guaranteed to be good in EDH since you have to hit players who share at least 1 color with you as the off-color lands will be colorless.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bugsy posted:

AFAIK, there's an uncommon mono-colored cycle, an uncommon multicolored cycle, and a whole poo poo-ton of rares. Plus the one uncommon cycle and the bad Lava Axe in FRF.

Based on what we've seen though, it seems like the rare in any given pack is almost more likely to be a dragon than not.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Blue has Counterspell if you have Dragonthreshold and Force Spike if you don't. Red gets Searing Blaze if you have Dragonthreshold and Thunderclap if you don't. One of these things seems much better than the other.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The Nastier Nate posted:

Sooooo much work.
Step 1: Get to 7 mana
Step 2: Mill an opponent enough that there are a significant amount of lands in their yard (fetches don't help) and spells to make it worthwhile.
Step 3: Cast this
Step 4: Profit at a glacial pace, casting 1 spell per turn and hope the enchantment doesn't get removed.

It's not even guaranteed to be good in EDH since you have to hit players who share at least 1 color with you as the off-color lands will be colorless.

The fact that you just get one grab at their graveyard and don't get any subsequent cards makes it awful. OK, that's one of like five things making it awful.

Maybe if you did this at 5 mana it would be a cool black Jace's Ingenuity, but alas.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's 11 uncommons, 10 rares, 5 mythics then whatever the keystones do from what we currently know.

10 rares isn't a majority of rares in the set.

Dragonthreshold is an awesome term.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Hedonist's Trove
5BB
Enchantment

It's a super casual card that doesn't even appeal to casual people since by the point you want to use it you would have milled them out. And if this isn't meant to appeal to the guy who insists on playing mill then I don't have a clue what they were going for.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Hedonist's Trove seems like it'd be pretty cool without the exile clause; yanking poo poo straight from the graveyard would be pretty nice if your opponent isn't running Delve stuff.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

It's a super casual card that doesn't even appeal to casual people since by the point you want to use it you would have milled them out. And if this isn't meant to appeal to the guy who insists on playing mill then I don't have a clue what they were going for.

This will go great in my... five color EDH deck?

That's all I got.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Hedonist's Trove seems like it would be awesome to drop in a blue-based Control mirror and just start looting their counters and Treasure Cruise spells (plus incidental lands from Tasigur activations?) while depriving them of Delve fuel.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Blue has Counterspell if you have Dragonthreshold and Force Spike if you don't. Red gets Searing Blaze if you have Dragonthreshold and Thunderclap if you don't. One of these things seems much better than the other.

The trade-off is the double blue requirement, I'm guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
This set needs an enchantment that says that whenever a card is exiled that cards owner loses a life.

• Locked thread