Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What would you do if you were Barack Obama on November 9th 2016 and Jeb Bush was President-elect?

Pardon all non-violent drug offenders, order every door in Guantanamo opened and fire all the staff and guards (comedy option: give Guantanamo back to Cuba) fully declassify and release the CIA torture report

Edit: Oh and raise the federal minimum overtime exemption to $65,000

2nd Edit: pardons for Manning and Snowden also

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Akumu posted:

I will support this only if that is a 1:1 scale model of the wall to be built.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

hobbesmaster posted:

This has more to do with natural gas being cleaner and cheaper than coal.

Coal is dead, tobacco is dead. That leaves Kentucky with horses and bourbon which will not support a state of 4million.

They could try ranching ostriches.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Steve King's staff is keeping busy, though they should maybe read Mending Wall again.

Throw some graffiti in German on there and you got a man's wall.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What would you do if you were Barack Obama on November 9th 2016 and Jeb Bush was President-elect?

thermonuclear first strike on israel

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Coal is dead, tobacco is dead. That leaves Kentucky with horses and bourbon which will not support a state of 4million.

we have also got a semi-reliable stream of medium manufacture due to union-friendly foreign companies that want cheap sun-belt overhead but don't want to deal with the rabidly anti-union climate in the rest of the South

also aluminum

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

we have also got a semi-reliable stream of medium manufacture due to union-friendly foreign companies that want cheap sun-belt overhead but don't want to deal with the rabidly anti-union climate in the rest of the South

also aluminum

Toyota is nonunion, hell, Toyota is mostly temps on 1099s.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Between Florida attempting to censor the mention of climate change, McConnell trying to get state governors to rebel against CO2 regulations, red state governments attempting to thwart local environment regulations, and GOP senators trying their hardest to steer us towards war with Iran, I don't know what to think.

Nothing gives me that creeping sense of impending doom quite like reading USPol.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Plant evidence of him being involved in a terrorist plot and have him arrested. Same thing with his VP candidate.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Pretend I was actually able to find the shadow president gif.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Between Florida attempting to censor the mention of climate change, McConnell trying to get state governors to rebel against CO2 regulations, red state governments attempting to thwart local environment regulations, and GOP senators trying their hardest to steer us towards war with Iran, I don't know what to think.

Nothing gives me that creeping sense of impending doom quite like reading USPol.

Republicans are secretly accelerationists. And as the first nuke explodes in downtown DC you'll be able to hear the screams of the GOP blood orgy from atop the Washington monument.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PupsOfWar posted:

also aluminum

I remember Volkswagen being surprised last year after the unionization vote failed in Tennessee last year; any aftermath?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds like an efficient way to reduce muri.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

We have plants other than Toyota

KY is cool with unionized plants, cool with nonunionized plants

the guiding philosophy of KDP is "we will okay whatever will cause you to put a plant here"

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I remember Volkswagen being surprised last year after the unionization vote failed in Tennessee last year; any aftermath?

All I've heard is VW-Chatanooga has some sort of weird compromise deal where they are semi-unionized but don't have all of the customary official protections thereof

don't know the specifics

will read more

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 9, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

hobbesmaster posted:

I am sure googling "shadow president nuke Israel" would not raise any triggers.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Yes, they're canceled planned expansions and are looking to other states where it'll be easier to work with the employees.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

hobbesmaster posted:

WEEEEEEED AND HEMP

lol no

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

No, no! Trust in the people of this thread; our current level of activity and the intensity of our current actions, combined with our rosy prospects for 2016 are the best we can possibly achieve. You start acting like we don't have time or doom is impending and they might call you the A-word.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shageletic posted:

This article is a couple of weeks old, but the hypcrosy, its just too strong
State governors tell cities to govern themselves, but not too much

The wails of Texas as their petro-economy collapses as California's grows is the best schadenfreude :allears:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Quidam Viator posted:

No, no! Trust in the people of this thread; our current level of activity and the intensity of our current actions, combined with our rosy prospects for 2016 are the best we can possibly achieve. You start acting like we don't have time or doom is impending and they might call you the A-word.

Yep lets instead just let the Kochs destroy the world. Rather than do everthing we can to undermine the "new de3ms". Take over the party, and do everything to take every state office we can while ruthlessly using the law to jail the GOP who are corrupt. Might even push the extreme types to try their second american revolution they threaten and remove a bunch of monsters from America permanently. No instead don't do anything and let these monsters have a stranglehold on America because obviously doing nothing ensures that when the poo poo hits the fan the people will come to us, and not some theo fascists.

About Florida, what I will say is we must accept it will fall, its just to little to late. What we must instead do is work to mitigate it, have refugee camps, and fine tun FEMA, while also realizing that voters do need to have a scapegoat for such situations. So the left must be ready to get some nails and some boards to crucify the libertarians when the poo poo hits the fan. Give people a reason to never want to fallow such a parasitic ideology again.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Quidam Viator posted:

rear end in a top hat?

After the string of earthquakes we had here in DFW, there was a lot of chatter about banning fracking and wastewater injection, latter of which was identified as the likely cause. Seems like that'll never happen. Also funnily Dallas doesn't have a plastic bag ban, but just instituted a per-bag charge.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Just ignore him. He has a massive chip on his shoulder because the forum won't recognize his radical genius.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hobbesmaster posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The wails of Texas as their petro-economy collapses as California's grows is the best schadenfreude :allears:

It really is, gently caress Texas.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 9, 2015

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Crowsbeak posted:

Yep lets instead just let the Kochs destroy the world. Rather than do everthing we can to undermine the "new de3ms". Take over the party, and do everything to take every state office we can while ruthlessly using the law to jail the GOP who are corrupt. Might even push the extreme types to try their second american revolution they threaten and remove a bunch of monsters from America permanently. No instead don't do anything and let these monsters have a stranglehold on America because obviously doing nothing ensures that when the poo poo hits the fan the people will come to us, and not some theo fascists.

About Florida, what I will say is we must accept it will fall, its just to little to late. What we must instead do is work to mitigate it, have refugee camps, and fine tun FEMA, while also realizing that voters do need to have a scapegoat for such situations. So the left must be ready to get some nails and some boards to crucify the libertarians when the poo poo hits the fan. Give people a reason to never want to fallow such a parasitic ideology again.

OK everyone, this guy's an ACCELERATIONIST. I will assume now that I have no further work to do; the label has been applied.

PAGING OBDICUT. Why don't you PM this poor sap like you did me, and maybe you can convince HIM to post an accelerationism thread, and all your masturbatory dreams will come true. Prepare your anus, Crowsbeak. UsPol is coming to tell you how poo poo you are for not just going along at the pace they're going.

Plus they have so MANY other viable strategies for "mitigating the damage". Be sure to ask them all about the plans!

Quidam Viator fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 9, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

How are u posted:

Florida is completely and utterly hosed within the next 50-70 years. South Florida (Miami and it's metro area) are going to spend billions of dollars on projects to hold back the tide, but once that loving ocean seeps into the water tables the entirety of southern Florida is going to become essentially uninhabitable.

A trillion dollars of centuries of investment and community building will be lost. Millions of people will become refugees.

This will all happen within our lifetime.

e: echoing a poster above: America, reap what you sow.

So what? We survived the great migration, and that was millions of refugees escaping the hellhole that is the south. Only difference this time, now white folks get to experience it. Why should I care that Floridians get their own section of the city to live in, separate but equal from the rest of us?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

So what? We survived the great migration, and that was millions of refugees escaping the hellhole that is the south. Only difference this time, now white folks get to experience it. Why should I care that Floridians get their own section of the city to live in, separate but equal from the rest of us?

We'll call them Sanctuaries.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Quidam Viator posted:

OK everyone, this guy's an ACCELERATIONIST. I will assume now that I have no further work to do; the label has been applied.

PAGING OBDIKUT. Why don't you PM this poor sap like you did me, and maybe you can convince HIM to post an accelerationism thread, and all your masturbatory dreams will come true. Prepare your anus, Crowsbeak. UsPol is coming to tell you how poo poo you are for not just going along at the pace they're going.

Plus they have so MANY other viable strategies for "mitigating the damage". Be sure to ask them all about the plans!

Wow, you really are a whiney bastard just like Franco Potente said

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Quidam Viator posted:

PAGING OBDIKUT. Why don't you PM this poor sap like you did me, and maybe you can convince HIM to post an accelerationism thread, and all your masturbatory dreams will come true. Prepare your anus, Crowsbeak. UsPol is coming to tell you how poo poo you are for not just going along at the pace they're going.

Remind me, how is leash the New Dems, because they are a bunch of cowards who will move with the wind accelerationism? its how the parasite wing of the GOP took over. They took over the local and state party apparatus's in the 60-70s, it was only then that they could get Reagan. What I am arguing isn't accelerationist, its how you do politics. Now perhaps I am a bit of an accelerationist in the fact that I really do believe that America will not be safe till we have had some sort of attempt by the parasites to rise up, fallowed b the necessary security measures. But beyond that I really do not hold your views that we should do nothing and let the degenerates rule.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
So apparently we just declared Venezuela a threat:

quote:

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama issued an executive order on Monday declaring Venezuela a national security threat, sanctioning seven individuals and expressing concern about the Venezuelan government's treatment of political opponents.

"Venezuelan officials past and present who violate the human rights of Venezuelan citizens and engage in acts of public corruption will not be welcome here, and we now have the tools to block their assets and their use of U.S. financial systems," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.

"We are deeply concerned by the Venezuelan government's efforts to escalate intimidation of its political opponents. Venezuela's problems cannot be solved by criminalizing dissent," he added.

I guess a Central / South American regime change invasion would be a refreshing change from the Middle East. :gbsmith:

Quidam Viator posted:

We get it, you're a whiny shithead who needs to make everything about how slighted you've been by other forum posters. Shut up.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 9, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Y'all need to drink some whiskey sours.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
As a resident of St Petersburg, I look forward to the gradual creation of Pinellas Island.

Also, I'm past whiskey sours and onto straight bourbon now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't throw junk in you whiskey.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

A relevant article

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just do what I do, and troll tea baggers on youtube. Whats great is when you out extreme them, suddenly they want to pretend to be reasonable and suddenly just want to talk. Really shows why most of them can easily be made to fall in line.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

As a resident of St Petersburg, I look forward to the gradual creation of Pinellas Island.

Also, I'm past whiskey sours and onto straight bourbon now.

I saw the bacon-wrapped pizza you posted on Facebook, I know that you are not living as if Florida will exist in 40 years.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Senate will come into session at 2pm today, starting with a confirmation vote on Daniel Marti to be the Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator at the US Patent and Trademark Office. The post has been vacant since August 2013. Marti was nominated for the position in August 2014.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

A Man With A Plan posted:

Also funnily Dallas doesn't have a plastic bag ban, but just instituted a per-bag charge.

Per bag charges are actually pretty effective at reducing bag use, particularly if the bag fee is used for conservation and cleanup. DC (and a couple surrounding areas) have one and bag usage dropped a ton.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PupsOfWar posted:

We have plants other than Toyota

KY is cool with unionized plants, cool with nonunionized plants

the guiding philosophy of KDP is "we will okay whatever will cause you to put a plant here"

The Ford and GE plants are all union.

Kentucky is also cool Health insurance and fast food that makes you need hospitals.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

hobbesmaster posted:

I couldn't even remember the name of the game so you're one step ahead of me but yeah that was my thought too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't throw junk in you whiskey.

Shut up square.

• Locked thread