Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: using your watch as a boarding pass TSA is going to loving love that.

You can use your phone now. Not sure this will fly since you can't really see all the info. Might just be usable to hit the QR code or whatever when you're actually boarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: using your watch as a boarding pass TSA is going to loving love that.

people do this all the time with their phones? like, all the time?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Nerdy watch dude is the most competent presentation of the day so far.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

horse mans posted:

people do this all the time with their phones? like, all the time?

Yeah but at the security desk when you're having your ID checked and poo poo, what happens then?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Automating your home must be nice. Sure wish I had all that money to throw away.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah but at the security desk when you're having your ID checked and poo poo, what happens then?

you mean customs? why would they look at your boarding pass?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

I said come in! posted:

Haha yeah there's no way TSA is going along with that.

They do it on Android stuff no problem right now.

They've got a scanner and I can just zoom in and do it myself. Then they fondle me and I'm on my way.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

AlternateAccount posted:

Hand the TSA agent your ID, put your phone on the scanner. Easy. Digital boarding passes are the future.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

iLockkidsInTheGarage

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
recap is happening, it's all over now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You people post like you've never used your phone for a boarding pass. TSA doesn't give a poo poo.

AlternateAccount posted:

You can use your phone now. Not sure this will fly since you can't really see all the info. Might just be usable to hit the QR code or whatever when you're actually boarding.
EDIT: They don't look at your phone. When you scan the QR code, it pulls all the info up and you hand over your ID to make sure it's you.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Typical Day is when you take the watch off and forget it somewhere.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Heh, so everyone gets they Apple Watch app on their phone forever.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

how many stores does apple have now? apple store, itunes, mac app store, iphone app store, apple watch store?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Serious Post: Why can't they put a HID emulator in these things so I don't have to keep a keycard/fob with me?

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Super Dude posted:

I'm not sure how the boarding pass will work. All of the airports I've been to have the scanner facing almost straight up, or slightly pointed towards the TSA agent. Do I need to twist my wrist around really awkwardly to make it scan?

TSA will be awkward since you'll have to flip your wrist upside-down, but assuming it works for all Passbook passes a lot of them will be less painful to use for things like show tickets or loyalty cards (although 2d barcodes may be too big)

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Endless Mike posted:

You people post like you've never used your phone for a boarding pass. TSA doesn't give a poo poo.

EDIT: They don't look at your phone. When you scan the QR code, it pulls all the info up and you hand over your ID to make sure it's you.

They're the people that never actually go anywhere.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Transparent aluminium incoming.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Curated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fordan posted:

TSA will be awkward since you'll have to flip your wrist upside-down, but assuming it works for all Passbook passes a lot of them will be less painful to use for things like show tickets or loyalty cards (although 2d barcodes may be too big)

...Or you just rotate the watch on your wrist momentarily.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ok come the gently caress on that garage door thing is loving awesome, jesus christ this is tomorrowland poo poo.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Magic Moon Aluminum. From space.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Ive is about to break his aluminiums per minute record

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Serious Post: Why can't they put a HID emulator in these things so I don't have to keep a keycard/fob with me?

Because then people would have to accept that keycards can be duplicated.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

ok come the gently caress on that garage door thing is loving awesome, jesus christ this is tomorrowland poo poo.

That's off the shelf stuff.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
dat aluminIUM.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

It's the extreme price tag for that kind of thing that usually stops adoption.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
I guess no word on water-resistance means that it isn't :(

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

...Or you just rotate the watch on your wrist momentarily.

Yup, which still means wrist upside-down. Don't think it'll be that hard, but suspect I'm not going to use it personally for boarding passes and keep using my phone or paper.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"Helps prevent against scratches"

I've been proving that poo poo wrong on every iOS device for years now, Jony.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I actually prefer the satin/matte finish

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Aluminium so amazing, we aren't going to make our laptops out of it.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
$399, I'm buying it!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Your phone can already do it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Oof, $50 extra for the man size.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

fordan posted:

Because then people would have to accept that keycards can be duplicated.

Can't they? I always assumed all the security of keycards was that you could deactivate them and the serials were impossible to guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why doesn't anyone use non-stainless steel? What if I want my watch to build character?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

$350 for the low end is ridiculous.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Moon Steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can't wait to buy one of these to try and fill the hole in my soul.

• Locked thread