Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Holliday isn't elite for an OF, not anymore. He's consistent, but 20-25hr/90rbi is not elite. And his average has been dropping the last few years.

My league scores by ottoneu points, so raw AVG/HR/RBI don't matter as long as he keeps being a good hitter overall, and they split OF positions so he's not squaring off against Trout/Cutch/Puig/Giancarlo/Bats. Holliday was 4th-best in the league last year behind 2 fluke seasons (Brantley & Cruz) and 2 guys who went to terrible parks (Upton & Cruz again) and his 3-year average is tops among LFs by 80 points. Even leaving room for regression he's top-tier at the position if not outright #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Safe to say Matt Harvey's stock has skyrocketed.... I just tried trading for him, sent this guy multiple reasonable offers.

he counters with:

get: Matt Harvey
give: Troy Tulowitzki

douchebag cocksucker.

What were the offers and is it redraft or keeper?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

IcePhoenix posted:

What were the offers and is it redraft or keeper?

It's a redraft. I started out with Kyle Seager and worked up from there, my most recent offer was Todd Frazier for Harvey.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's a redraft. I started out with Kyle Seager and worked up from there, my most recent offer was Todd Frazier for Harvey.

Who does he have at third base?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

IcePhoenix posted:

Who does he have at third base?

Not sure why it matters anymore, but Castellanos. Also Harvey is his SP3, he's got Sale and Strasburg ahead of him.

But whatever, I'm over it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 8, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not sure why it matters anymore

I'm just trying to figure out why he's a douchebag cocksucker!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm just trying to figure out why he's a douchebag cocksucker!

Because I was making reasonable offers and he just kept rejecting them and not saying anything, not making any counteroffers or giving me any feedback. I finally asked him to give me a counteroffer or some feedback just to see if there was a deal to be made, and he sends me the Harvey for Tulo offer and says "take it or leave it". You don't think asking for a 2nd round/borderline 1st rounder for a guy he got at the end of the 6th (who probably won't reach 200 innings) is a dick move?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Because I was making reasonable offers and he just kept rejecting them and not saying anything, not making any counteroffers or giving me any feedback. I finally asked him to give me a counteroffer or some feedback just to see if there was a deal to be made, and he sends me the Harvey for Tulo offer and says "take it or leave it". You don't think asking for a 2nd round/borderline 1st rounder for a guy he got at the end of the 6th (who probably won't reach 200 innings) is a dick move?

I mean, a dick move is far from douchebag cocksucker but I've seen plenty of goons say they were sending reasonable offers and it was just them trying to trade away two or three average players for one good one, and two of them wouldn't even be upgrades at the position, so I was trying to get a frame of reference since you didn't give much to go off of initially.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Maybe he just doesn't want to trade Harvey and sent you the Tulo offer so you'd leave him the gently caress alone?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Whatever, I posted that last night when I was pissed off. I'm over it now.

Senf posted:

Maybe he just doesn't want to trade Harvey and sent you the Tulo offer so you'd leave him the gently caress alone?

mission accomplished. He could have just said that after the first offer and I would have dropped it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 9, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Harvey seems like one of those guys whose hype is so high that there's essentially no point to making an offer for him: he's only going to move if his owner thinks he's overvalued and wants to try to gouge someone.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Alright, HGH and Centaur Paintings drafted last night, how'd I do?

I wasn't really used to this roster size, or the new categories of BB and HD, so I was kinda flying by the seat of my pants in the draft room. Really liking the way my team turned out though. With such a shallow offensive roster I found myself drafting way more SP and RP earlier than I usually do.

10 Teams, Categories:
R/HR/RBI/BB/SB/AVG
K/W/SV/HD/ERA/WHIP

3 keepers each team, mine were Trout, Posey, and Billy Hamilton. Helps to build a good team when you're starting with Trout.

JackssWastedLife fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 9, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's a pretty good team, of course it helps that you have those 3 keepers to start with (Hamilton probably will singlehandedly win your SB category every week). Def like the Cobb/Ventura/Cashner/Stras rotation. I wouldn't have picked up Votto but that's just me, otherwise barring Arenado getting traded out of Colorado you have a really good roster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's a drat fine draft. I really like a lot of the players you ended up with, especially with those settings. Pitching is a bit risky but I feel like your offense will be able to carry you enough that you'll only need two cats a week from it.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I wouldn't have picked up Votto but that's just me

Votto is top tier in a h2h league that has BB as a cat, imo.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If any of youse guys could do projection for my league (i have the details) please hit me up via PM. Ill toss you an upgrade or cash via paypal. I have the tools just too dumb to know how to use them! :saddowns:

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

That's a drat fine draft. I really like a lot of the players you ended up with, especially with those settings. Pitching is a bit risky but I feel like your offense will be able to carry you enough that you'll only need two cats a week from it.

Votto is top tier in a h2h league that has BB as a cat, imo.

Yea, he's borderline elite when BB is a category. I also think he will bounce back in a big way from last year. Votto was my pick that got the biggest "drat IT!" from the collective draft chat.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I too drafted a HGH and Centaur Paintings team last night. As is a common theme with me in fantasy baseball, I have no idea what I was doing or whether my team is good or poo poo.

10 Teams, Categories:
R/HR/RBI/BB/SB/AVG
K/W/SV/HD/ERA/WHIP

Draft round in parantheses

C Salvador Perez (12)
1B Miguel Cabrera (K)
2B Jose Altuve (4)
3B Pablo Sandoval (13)
SS Jose Reyes (7)
OF Christian Yelich (K)
OF George Springer (K)
OF Corey Dickerson (5)
Util Chris Carter (8)
Bench Albert Pujols (9)
Bench Hunter Pence (14)
Bench Gregory Polanco (17)
Bench AJ Pollock (19)

P Cole Hamels (6)
P Julio Teheran (10)
P Tyson Ross (11)
P Zack Wheeler (15)
P Zach Britton (16)
P K-Rod (18)
P Darren O'Day (21)

I think I'll kill everyone in HR/RBI, be competitive in SB, no idea about AVG or BB though.

My pitching is probably pretty weak for a 10 team league since I had no pitcher keepers and only took one starter before round 10. I do like the Britton/O'Day handcuff thing for saves and holds, because if Britton is injured or ineffective then O'Day probably becomes closer and I just get a new Holds guy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

coronaball posted:

I think I'll kill everyone in HR/RBI, be competitive in SB, no idea about AVG or BB though.

My pitching is probably pretty weak for a 10 team league since I had no pitcher keepers and only took one starter before round 10. I do like the Britton/O'Day handcuff thing for saves and holds, because if Britton is injured or ineffective then O'Day probably becomes closer and I just get a new Holds guy.

yeah there's no question guys like Springer/Dickerson/Carter have the potential to destroy people in those power categories, just be prepared to accept that your AVG may occasionally dip. As far as your pitching goes you could do worse. Not sure how many wins you'll get from Hamels and Teheran since their teams are garbage dumps but they are both solid otherwise.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

coronaball posted:

Util Chris Carter (8)
Bench Albert Pujols (9)

Sweet Jesus, Pujols is underrated this year.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

weas posted:

Yea, certain guys fell forever in that draft. Pujols being one of them. I wouldn't read too much into it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

weas posted:

Yeah I listed it like that, but Pujols will be starting for me, first at 1B while Miggy is out and then at Util.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I won last year and I'm gonna win again this year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am seeing Billy Hamilton placed a lot higher on pre-draft lists than I would have thought. Is this solely based on his ability to steal bases (I think there's a few guys who nearly double the rest), or do people expect his bat to come alive this season (even though he's always been plagued with these issues)?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I dunno, but Jean Segura is still being drafted pretty highly which is lol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

I too drafted a HGH and Centaur Paintings team last night.

You didn't keep Carlos Gonzalez 0/10

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

segura's being drafted? wow

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Who are some good, mid-to-late round guys to target for steals? Definitely my weakest category last year.

Currently looking at Leonys, Polanco, Pollock, Alcides Escobar, Jennings, Pederson, etc. Who am I missing?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vernacular posted:

Who are some good, mid-to-late round guys to target for steals? Definitely my weakest category last year.

Currently looking at Leonys, Polanco, Pollock, Alcides Escobar, Jennings, Pederson, etc. Who am I missing?

Pompey

Also Gose/Rajai

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Also Castillo and Cain.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

JackssWastedLife posted:

Yea, he's borderline elite when BB is a category. I also think he will bounce back in a big way from last year. Votto was my pick that got the biggest "drat IT!" from the collective draft chat.

Yeah I was going to take him that pick if you didn't.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I was going to take him that pick if you didn't.

I think I had the literal next pick and would have grabbed him to have him break my heart again this year.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MassaShowtime posted:

I think I had the literal next pick and would have grabbed him to have him break my heart again this year.

A good 2/3 of my team is going to break my heart this season.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
So, I drafted SP in a H2H league for the first time in a few years. How do I do this again?

C: Evan Gattis
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Jimmy Rollins
MI: Alcides Escobar
CI: Anthony Rizzo
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury, George Springer, Matt Holliday, Charlie Blackmon, Brett Gardner
UT: Chris Carter
BN: Mark Teixiera

SP: Justin Verlander, Francisco Liriano, Matt Cain, Phil Hughes, Michael Pineda, Jose Fernandes
RP: Kenley Jansen, Huston Street, Joaquin Benoit, Tyler Clippard, Tony Watson

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Moneyball posted:

So, I drafted SP in a H2H league for the first time in a few years. How do I do this again?

C: Evan Gattis
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Jimmy Rollins
MI: Alcides Escobar
CI: Anthony Rizzo
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury, George Springer, Matt Holliday, Charlie Blackmon, Brett Gardner
UT: Chris Carter
BN: Mark Teixiera

SP: Justin Verlander, Francisco Liriano, Matt Cain, Phil Hughes, Michael Pineda, Jose Fernandes
RP: Kenley Jansen, Huston Street, Joaquin Benoit, Tyler Clippard, Tony Watson

That looks like the kind of rotations I draft because I wait forever to pick a pitcher. Stream all day 'ery day.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Jeeez, my draft this past weekend was so weird. I never got a feel for the flow of it nor values the entire time.
A lot of factors probably played into it: First year having keepers, a lot of savvy baseball people + a few mega fans, ~100$ was left on the table by people, beer.

Some highlights:
Chris Sale almost causing a fight because someone "fake bid" when he wasn't paying attention but started his "fake bid" with the exact next dollar value. WTF.
Like I said, 100$ left on the table. Including a guy spending 58$ on Tanner Roark (Most expensive player in baseball!!!)
Most of the steals going to 2 people. Which caused Marte and Carlos Gomez types to be hilariously expensive.
Brandon Belt being the only 1B on a team in a league with 12teams.
Yasmani Grandal being a starting 1B.
The guy with an 8$ Jose Abreu keeper leveraging his financial advantage into 2 hitters costing more than 10$ (Polanco, and CarGo).
One guy getting both Wainwright and Darvish.
Trout going for less than McCutchen (actually okay with their prices, but just interesting to note).

R, RBI, SB, OPS - IP, K, ERA, WHIP (162 start limit)
Overall I like my team, but it is LOLINJURY waiting to happen. To everyone.
C: Wieters
1B: Votto
2B: Utley
3B: C Davis
SS: Tulowitzki
2B/SS: Gyorko
1B/3B: B Moss
OF: Bautista, Braun, Harper, L Martin, D Jennings, Y Tomas, A Gose
B: Country Breakfast
SP: Price, Cueto, Keuchel, McCarthy, Tillman
RP: A bunch of middle releavers

I tend to spend only on 1 guy for pitching and play the waivers (have done that two years in a row to great success) I have Price + Cueto because I kept Cueto for 3$.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

There's gotta be someone out there who owns Darvish, Lee and Stroman and they are opening a window in a very tall building as I type this.

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

tadashi posted:

There's gotta be someone out there who owns Darvish, Lee and Stroman and they are opening a window in a very tall building as I type this.

Last year one of my friends in a keeper league had:
Carlos Correa (Broken Leg)
Harper (Out early season)
Brett Lawrie (Out early season)
Will Myers (Wrist)
Pedroia (Out at the end)
Jurickson Profar (Zombie, at this point)
Miguel Sano (ACL)
Oscar Taveras (DEAD)
Dylan Bundy (Returning from TJ)
José Fernández (TJ)
Marcus Stroman (He kept him, our keepers were due last week)
Jameson Taillon (TJ)
Taijuan Walker (Out early last year)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
haha Apparently Yasmany Tomas looks like an abomination in spring training. And to be clear I'm not talking about stats I am talking about a complete inability to do anything other than swing and miss.
Looks like one flier that will be dumped early.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Some input requested. Going to probably joining an established league that has two teams open. These are the teams:

C: Suzuki
1B: Morneau, Hosmer
2B: Kipnis, Dozier
3B: Bogaerts, Machado
SS: Flores, Tulo, Aybar
OF: McCutcheon, Dickerson, Soler, Harper, Ellsbury, Buston

SP: Alvarez, Salazar, Fieres, Ryu, Kluber, Quintana, Elias, Oridizzi
RP: Rosenthal, Doolittle, Storen, Feliz

AND

C: Ramos
1B: Trumbo, Rizzo, Singleton, Pearce
2B: Wong
3B: Headley
SS: Ramirez, Santana
OF: Hamilton, Crawford, Kalhoun, Lagares, Braun, Pederson, Jackson, Springer

SP: Darvish, Arrieta, Hutchison, Matzek, Strasbourg, Gallardo, Bauer, Stroman, Hamels, Lohse, Pineda, Colon, Haren
RP: None

Auction. Keeper (Keep 8, 5 unrestricted and 3 have to be under $5 value last year).

Awaiting a response on which Hamilton is on the first team and if I can get the values for each player (edit: Its billy). But just a cursory glance until I get more information I'm not real sure. By initial thoughts below

First team:
Kipnis/Dozier
Tulo
McCutcheon
Harper
Ellsbury

Possible under $5:
Soler
Kluber
??? (Dozier?)

Second Team:
Rizzo
Ramirez
Braun
Strasburg
Hamilton

Possible under $5:
Wong
Arrieta
Springer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

CancerStick posted:

C: Suzuki
1B: Morneau, Hosmer
2B: Kipnis, Dozier
3B: Bogaerts, Machado
SS: Flores, Tulo, Aybar
OF: McCutcheon, Dickerson, Soler, Harper, Ellsbury, Buston

SP: Alvarez, Salazar, Fieres, Ryu, Kluber, Quintana, Elias, Oridizzi
RP: Rosenthal, Doolittle, Storen, Feliz

First team:
Kipnis/Dozier
Tulo
McCutcheon
Harper
Ellsbury

Possible under $5:
Soler
Kluber
??? (Dozier?)

First team looks more appealing. If Dozier is under $5, I'd replace him with Dickerson in the first 5.

• Locked thread