Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
A Superman or Flash game could be cool if you had an actual-sized, fully modeled Earth to tear around in. We might be a few years off from that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I thought that was referencing to the Red Hood and Harley DLCs. Or are those not considered for rating?

Oddly enough, DLC is usually exempt from ESRB ratings. A sneaky example is The Saboteur, who featured a DLC pack that enabled nudity on the dancers.

However, if it's referring to challenge modes that are built into the actual game, those are fair game to be rated.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

Oddly enough, DLC is usually exempt from ESRB ratings. A sneaky example is The Saboteur, who featured a DLC pack that enabled nudity on the dancers.

However, if it's referring to challenge modes that are built into the actual game, those are fair game to be rated.

Not quite so sneaky since tits were default on the ESRB rated PC version of The Saboteur.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I was always surprised PS3 Asylum wasn't M because you can play as the Joker and cold shoot people in the face in game. Usually on screen shooting of human beings like that is am M.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I was always surprised PS3 Asylum wasn't M because you can play as the Joker and cold shoot people in the face in game. Usually on screen shooting of human beings like that is am M.

There wasn't any blood though, so that's probably why.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

The Joker challenge maps were free DLC you had to download and didn't come on the disc, so the ESRB didn't rate it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mzbundifund posted:

It means stop trying to start an argument by making smug comments about how angry other people are.

Actually the intent behind pointing out when somebody seemed to be getting overly angry about something was basically the opposite of trying to start an argument, but ok I will go read a review site or something for discussion of Arkham Knight. :shrug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I thought that was referencing to the Red Hood and Harley DLCs. Or are those not considered for rating?

so how are those dlc packs going to work. are they like the catwoman dlc or will they just be glorified challenge maps?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pengun101 posted:

so how are those dlc packs going to work. are they like the catwoman dlc or will they just be glorified challenge maps?

Both are being billed as story DLC akin's to Harley's Revenge on City but some fanpage claimed that the Red Hood one was just a bundle of challenge maps.

There's so little info about the Red Hood DLC that I would've inclined to think is being scrapped if not because there is plenty of Jason's merch now

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Red Hood one is a Gamestop DLC so it probably will just be challenge maps, maybe a 'themed' challenge map like The Joker or Bruce Wayne's Initiation ones.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Well, Batman is captured and held prisoner on Arsenal Gear, but when he escapes he has only his cowl. Nobody knows what Bruce Wayne's penis looks like, so he doesn't need to hide it while fighting twenty men flinching away from his twirling, naked body.

The super stun is exactly what you think.

I am legitimately tickled by the idea of someone (possibly Catwoman) discovering his identity in this way. :allears:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I am legitimately tickled by the idea of someone (possibly Catwoman) discovering his identity in this way. :allears:

She almost does, but then he puts a pair of glasses on his penis so nobody can recognize it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Crappy Jack posted:

The Joker challenge maps were free DLC you had to download and didn't come on the disc, so the ESRB didn't rate it.

You're right actually I thought they were on the disk for some reason.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The Red Hood one is a Gamestop DLC so it probably will just be challenge maps, maybe a 'themed' challenge map like The Joker or Bruce Wayne's Initiation ones.

I believe it's only Gamestop DLC in that it's free if you get it from them. It will be available for everyone else to buy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I believe it's only Gamestop DLC in that it's free if you get it from them. It will be available for everyone else to buy.

Yeah, but I mean that in the same basic way. It's preorder DLC so it won't be anything significant.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arkham Origins has shockingly entertaining MP and I seem to find games pretty quick on PS3 getting into it recently. It's neat, you'd think a game like this would just get some tacked on MP for whatever, but the 3v3v2 system plays out pretty cool usually.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

There's a reasonably spoilery implication that you'll play as the Arkham Knight at some point but that's it.

That's good news. I actually liked playing as Catwoman in AC since it was a nice change of pace with some new mechanics. I think people were a little too hard on it during release for its crappier 'detective' vision and shorter ranged 'grapnel.' Sometimes it can be quite fun to change up the formula.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Yardbomb posted:

Arkham Origins has shockingly entertaining MP and I seem to find games pretty quick on PS3 getting into it recently. It's neat, you'd think a game like this would just get some tacked on MP for whatever, but the 3v3v2 system plays out pretty cool usually.

How quick is pretty quick? I've missed the multiplayer since letting my Xbox Live subscription lapse and the PC userbase is completely dead, so if I could get into PS3 matches relatively easily I might go find a cheap used copy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TechnoSyndrome posted:

How quick is pretty quick? I've missed the multiplayer since letting my Xbox Live subscription lapse and the PC userbase is completely dead, so if I could get into PS3 matches relatively easily I might go find a cheap used copy.

The worst is usually like a few minutes, it puts them together pretty fast from my experience lately. Partially thanks to: As far as I can tell there's no region locking, cause I've gotten a good deal of invites in all english, spanish and french. Somehow this hasn't made for laggy games either.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Finally started reading the Arkham Knight comics. Nice to see that Electrocutioner II died quicker than his boss. :v:

I also liked this page.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 14, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So this Dark Knight system poo poo is the worst and I accidentally locked myself out of the stupid Worst Nightmare 6 one on New Game Plus, I really want to do a 75 hit shock glove combo on the nuts of the guy who decided to put in an upgrade system with conditions you can lock yourself out of. I guess I'm going to have to struggle through I Am The Night mode to get it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Worst Nightmare 6 is probably the most obnoxious challenge since you can only do it either during the story or during a boss fight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I already thought it was incredibly stupid to not have stealth sections respawn enemies to allow you to do it in free play mode once you've cleared the game, but then I realized that because the walls stay blown up, if you blow them up during the Joker encounter, you can't even try again when you fight Deadshot. I've never, EVER seen something like that in a sandbox game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Finally started reading the Arkham Knight comics. Nice to see that Electrocutioner II died quicker than his boss. :v:

I also liked this page.

For a second I wondered when Bruce had grown his hair out so much.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I also liked this page.

Is just me or the artist's trying to ape Capullo's style on those panels?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Worst Nightmare period sucks. Practically every last challenge in it is super situational and picky as all hell.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I spent forever trying to do a reverse ledge takedown on that one map in the Sionis steel mill to get the challenge, only to notice its literally impossible to do it on that map

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

So this Dark Knight system poo poo is the worst and I accidentally locked myself out of the stupid Worst Nightmare 6 one on New Game Plus, I really want to do a 75 hit shock glove combo on the nuts of the guy who decided to put in an upgrade system with conditions you can lock yourself out of. I guess I'm going to have to struggle through I Am The Night mode to get it.

And this is one of the reasons I don't like Origins as much as the others. Upgrade tree is dumb as hell. I know they were going for a Batman's a rookie feeling but when you lock the critical hit counter 3/4ths of the way into the game, you are pushing it. And then the challenges. Yeah brilliant idea to lock them in story with specific situations.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Suddenly you're no longer enjoying the game and doing cool Batman stuff, because you're constantly trying to see if maybe you can pull off a challenge in this room, and if so, you're super focused on doing that instead of just playing the drat game and Batmanning it up. Whoever's call that was to do the systems like that, it was a VERY bad call.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is soul-crushing to me that the adam west skin is PS3-exclusive. The Long Halloween skin is good enough, it actually looks like Batman and all, but man, it's nowhere near as good as the animated series skin in City. Adam West, though... that'd be excellent.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

Suddenly you're no longer enjoying the game and doing cool Batman stuff, because you're constantly trying to see if maybe you can pull off a challenge in this room, and if so, you're super focused on doing that instead of just playing the drat game and Batmanning it up. Whoever's call that was to do the systems like that, it was a VERY bad call.
That's exactly why I stopped trying to make it up the tree a quarter of the way or so while playing through the first time--it was just getting in the way of my enjoying the game.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
As long as we're bashing on Origins the first time I played the game was about a year ago, I gave up when I learned that because I wasn't following a guide I couldn't get through the Predator tree without going into a NG+ run. So when I started playing it a month ago, I grabbed a guide so I could actually do everything.

I gave up on that playthrough when I was trying to respond to the cop calls in every district and I found out the bridge was bugged and the only way to get it to count was to start one in the plaza and drag the goons into the tiny area that still counted as the bridge district. The first time I tried I landed on a bench and somehow clipped into it, the second time the guy ran just out of range and it didn't count, and the third time I tried my game crashed when I was flying between the park and industrial area waiting for the distress call.

I loved City enough to complete everything, then not import my save when they switched off of GFWL so that I could do it all again. Origins never clicked for me probably because it wasn't stuff I was doing because I felt like it, it was stuff I had to do so I could get all my Bat-toys.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It is soul-crushing to me that the adam west skin is PS3-exclusive.

I always feel bad that I end up picking Knightfall Batman over the Adam West one. Knightfall is just so hilariously edgy (Literally) that I can't not use it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there anywhere I can get a complete City save so I can start on ng+? GFWL ate my save at some point in the last couple of years I don't loving know

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

I always feel bad that I end up picking Knightfall Batman over the Adam West one. Knightfall is just so hilariously edgy (Literally) that I can't not use it.

If playing with the Knightfall costume added an incessant nonstop internal monologue about the cool darkness of the knife's blade or whatever the gently caress Azrael was on about, I'd go out and get a PS3 right now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Somehow I cut myself while reading that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Crappy Jack posted:

Being super focused on a challenge is pretty much the most Batman thing you can do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So is Worst Nightmare 7 just broken? I tried doing exactly what this guide shows and it didn't do nothin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeX6c9gYMRE&t=160s

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I haven't had any problems with #7. I just go to Black Mask's cocaine lab and do beatdowns on everyone there for that one.

I will point out that the quest to finish a predator room without being detected means using no loud takedowns, though. Even if there's only one guy left. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I haven't had any problems with #7. I just go to Black Mask's cocaine lab and do beatdowns on everyone there for that one.

Where is that? I just want to get this garbage over with!

• Locked thread