Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Oh look a new trailer
http://youtu.be/4VQ6vyQuX7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Beat me to it. That was way better than the first one.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Now THAT got me hyped holy poo poo.

Edit: Sansa in Winterfell confirmed... :wtc:

BillBear fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 9, 2015

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Now I'm really curious what Brienne is doing, with that shot of her (and pod?) in the snow. Maybe going to the Wall as a last ditch effort to track down Arya or Sansa? Or, I guess, hearing Ramsay is marrying 'Arya' and heading to Winterfell.

Aishan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 9, 2015

halwain
May 31, 2011

Is that sansa in the crypts of winterfell?

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

halwain posted:

Is that sansa in the crypts of winterfell?

Yup, and you can see knights of the vale enter Bolton controlled WF.

Genetic squares
Feb 17, 2009

It's all going square
Are those Vale knights riding in to the DreadfortWinterfell? With Sansa?

Genetic squares fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 9, 2015

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
So I guess that confirms Littlefinger taking Manderly's place

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Friendly Factory posted:

So I guess that confirms Littlefinger taking Manderly's place

I hope this means we still get frey pies! :v:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Lord Too-Fat-To-Sit-A-Horse :(

halwain
May 31, 2011
Sansa is there with Neds Bones, that way they never have to show howland reed :v: .

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Does that mean Reek will save an actual Stark?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Okay now that's just weird.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait, Dany was talking like she's getting ready to go to Westeros.

gently caress that.

EDIT: Holy poo poo the HBO standalone service is Apple exclusive? I thought the whole point was to make it more open and accessible? Fucks sake.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Sansa replacing Jeyne Poole would be a pretty radical departure, but I think it could work.
Also didn't Sophie Turner say something about having to do a somewhat gross/traumatic scene this season? :raise: Or am I thinking something about something that was leaked about Sansa's book plotline.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Trailer is cool though do the weird Brazen Beasts vs. Unsullied fights seen in it confirm the rumor that the Brazen Beasts and the Sons of the Harpy were conflated somehow so that the Sons of the Harpy all wear gold masks for some reason?
I guess the reason is just because it was a cool image from the book and they wanted to keep it somehow even if the Brazen Beasts, Shavepate etc. are probably not in the show......?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dazerbeams posted:

Does that mean Reek will go down on an actual Stark?

Ew

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

I don't think Sansa will take over FArya's job, it seems like she's free to do her own thing in Winterfell and I'll bet she's taking over Wyman's role, she will have her vale knights in Winterfell during the siege while LF's busy in KL.

Plus, she's married to Tyrion Lannister and is wanted for murder. She's still got her hair dyed black. She's not going to marry Ramsay.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Marrying Sansa to Ramsay would be a weird play considering LF would be sacrificing a claim on the Vale and strengthening Bolton's claim on the North for... nothing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Yeah on second thought I don't want the Vale, Winterfell, or Sansa. I would like to plead guilty to harboring a fugitive and also give the love of my life to a sex offender"
- Littlefinger, on The Master Plan

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they do it that way it'll rob the best story from ADWD of some of its coolest elements. The fact that all the Northern lords clearly know that it's a sham but either don't care or don't want to piss off Roose and Ramsay does a great job of undermining the whole idea of inherited rule.

I'd rather they just stick Sansa in the cupboard with Bran for the year and give her an interesting new plotline to work with (assuming TWOW doesn't give her new content by then) when the time is right. Shoving her into an existing story where she doesn't really fit is just irritating.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't want to be one of those guys that says it's dumb just because it's different from the books, but this at least has the potential to be really, really dumb.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

colonel_korn posted:

Also didn't Sophie Turner say something about having to do a somewhat gross/traumatic scene this season? :raise: Or am I thinking something about something that was leaked about Sansa's book plotline.

Both! She said something like that, and supposedly there is something major in a chapter of her's that got pulled from ADWD. Whether their one in the same is up for debate.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

I don't want to be one of those guys that says it's dumb just because it's different from the books, but this at least has the potential to be really, really dumb.

It also has the potential to be great, it has already been said in the books that LF's plan is to take back the North for Sansa with the might of the untouched Vale, she gets to fill in for Wyman by overthrowing Roose when Stannis is outside and at the same time take back WF. This is just my guess but LF DID say to avenge Robb & Cat, if Sansa gets to slaughter the Boltons and get back her home I certainly won't be complaining.

It will be awful if it just turns out she becomes Ramsay's sex toy and wife but I don't see D&D going in that direction for reasons above.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That scenario doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I suppose it's passable and could be a lot worse.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

asvodel posted:

Trailer is cool though do the weird Brazen Beasts vs. Unsullied fights seen in it confirm the rumor that the Brazen Beasts and the Sons of the Harpy were conflated somehow so that the Sons of the Harpy all wear gold masks for some reason?
I guess the reason is just because it was a cool image from the book and they wanted to keep it somehow even if the Brazen Beasts, Shavepate etc. are probably not in the show......?

Pretty much what I'm assuming. The show simplifies many aspects of the book universe and the Brazen Beasts seem like very obvious candidates to get cut from the show. Just ditch the Shavepate and have the Unsullied fill in the BB role.

But then as you noted, their masks were pretty nifty descriptors in the books, so rather than do away with it entirely, just assign that to the Sons of the Harpy.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I don't that Sansa will be FArya only because it would be poor story telling. Sansa being Ramsay's victim that needs the help of Reek to escape completely undermines the direction her character is heading in. If that is the case why bother building her into a strong female character?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

At 30 seconds is that Ramsey kissing Sansa's neck?

Ew

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Sansa absorbing Wyman seems like it would be a decent enough consolidation to me. Maybe she'll bring pie.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ew

Not Sansa.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 10, 2015

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah, that looks more like his girlfriend from way back.

Also, the shot of Ellaria facing a wall of spears makes it look like they're really conflating her with Arianne.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

lifts cats over head posted:

I don't that Sansa will be FArya only because it would be poor story telling. Sansa being Ramsay's victim that needs the help of Reek to escape completely undermines the direction her character is heading in. If that is the case why bother building her into a strong female character?

It wouldn't work because she's clearly too old to be Arya and if anyone finds out who she is, well, she's wanted for murdering the king.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Where are Brienne/Pod going? I forget what they intended to do after they failed to get Arya. Looks like they're in the North.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Brienne is definitely someplace cold. Either she's going to the North or the Vale gets cold as in the books.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I'd be down for Sansa taking on the "The North remembers" role.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

If you look at the scene with Stannis viewing his war map, you see what looks like mercenary pieces on the map, seems Stannis will have a bigger army in the show if this is the case.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sansa absorbing fake Arya would be terrible, not for book-purity reasons, but because she shouldn't be a victim anymore. But I'm down with Sansa absorbing Wyman and going to Winterfell as "Alayne Stone, representative of the Vale" with a secret plan to kill Boltons and Freys. I can see not wanting to introduce a new character that wants vengeance against Boltons and Freys when you have an existing one with nothing else to do.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lycus posted:

Sansa absorbing fake Arya would be terrible, not for book-purity reasons, but because she shouldn't be a victim anymore. But I'm down with Sansa absorbing Wyman and going to Winterfell as "Alayne Stone, representative of the Vale" with a secret plan to kill Boltons and Freys. I can see not wanting to introduce a new character that wants vengeance against Boltons and Freys when you have an existing one with nothing else to do.
Alayne: "I was always fond of lemoncakes, but I *do* enjoy these pies just as much, if not more."

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I hope Sansa does take the role of Jeyne Poole, to an extent, just because Theon's storyline is way better than "baby's first political plot" with Sansa.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Lycus posted:

If Littlefinger has confidence in Sansa's abilities this makes a lot of sense. Have her reveal herself to all the Lords in the North at Ramsay's wedding and completely pull the rug under the Bolton's claim. If she isn't recognized on sight though, what can she use to prove her parentage? She doesn't have a direwolf anymore. (Oh poo poo, maybe that's Theon's role, he's the only one that could recognize and verify her)

Heck this might be where her book storyline is headed anyway, after the Battle in the Snow of course. Puts Stannis in a drat pickle though.

This season could get really bad like last seasons material but at least it'll be new (and hella weird)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
That looked really good.

It will be interesting to see if they make this season one of the best, considering the relatively poor reception (to put it mildly) of the source material.

Or maybe it won't be renewed for S6 and Episode 510 will just be Dany flying to Westeros and burning everything to the ground for an hour.

• Locked thread