Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jack_tripper posted:

moving new players up through the tiers faster is a ridiculously bad idea; I already see plenty of accounts with <3k games making GBS threads up tier 9 games and the constant giveaways are only accelerating it

Well maybe if people trying to get babby's first ten weren't spending literally half their time in a nine tier nine wouldn't be so full of new players. Just go ghetto off tens so they can suck in peace, I'm done spending weeks getting new tens for actual fun game modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

srb posted:

Seems likely, low tiers are a mess and barely populated due to stigma and roving platoons of people who don't care about the stigma, and the whales are probably fed up with never winning despite having a premium account.

gently caress that is depressing.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Jack_tripper posted:

moving new players up through the tiers faster is a ridiculously bad idea; I already see plenty of accounts with <3k games making GBS threads up tier 9 games and the constant giveaways are only accelerating it

That isn't exactly a bad thing. As it is, the game is far more forgiving at t6-8 than it is at t1-4, which is insane.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

xthetenth posted:

Well maybe if people trying to get babby's first ten weren't spending literally half their time in a nine tier nine wouldn't be so full of new players. Just go ghetto off tens so they can suck in peace, I'm done spending weeks getting new tens for actual fun game modes.

The hosed up thing is that with all of the on track events + bonus XP missions and events the grind is probably a lot better than at launch.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

That isn't exactly a bad thing. As it is, the game is far more forgiving at t6-8 than it is at t1-4, which is insane.

The try hards at T1 and T2 is actually quite an astounding phenomenon. It is like they just want to find out which tank is OP at the start of trees and just CRUSH MAD NEWBS. That really does not happen to much at higher tiers with out a certain degree of skill*. The game is such a weird experiment that got super popular super quick, and the devs seem to be struggling keeping up with the changes that they need to be doing.

*Not always true

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The playstyle in t1-t3 is like playing another game.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

The hosed up thing is that with all of the on track events + bonus XP missions and events the grind is probably a lot better than at launch.

That helps more for experienced players who know what's up and can use on track to help with higher tiers, I think.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Agrajag posted:

The playstyle in t1-t3 is like playing another game.

The loving T18.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is the NA server special in any way in how it's populated with military wheaboos constantly harping about being a vet and wanting special status?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Missing Name posted:

The loving T18.

^ It seriously is the bane of lower games. When I try to do dailies in some of my low tiers it is really amazing the amount of frustration lowbies express for this tank. I can feel their pain to, trying to get into this game is loving awful. Learning curve can be quite steep and the amount of GOOD information about this game is rather limited.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That WG have chosen to be opaque as gently caress about what actually makes the tanks tick hasn't helped things over the years.

ps. remove Abbey from the game.

Prav fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 9, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Prav posted:

ps. remove Abbey from the game.

Still waiting for Ruinberg Underwater and Fiery Centraliaient to come out.

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed
The SU-100Y steel wall is a manly man's steel wall.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

You could go a long way toward fixing things by eliminating one-shots from any tier. Derp guns are dumb and bad for the game at lower tiers, and arty oneshots are dumb and bad for the game at higher tiers. Just adjust alphas for HE penetrating shells to be relative to the receiving tank's total HP. You can fix a shitload of whining by just doing that, and I don't think anyone will cry for arty or lovely sealclubbers.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

T-127 a reliable op tank. t1-3 teams, still incredibly unreliable.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

:smuggo:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Missing Name posted:

Ruinberg Underwater

Every round would be the most fun 10 seconds ever had on Ruinberg.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

It was actually a pretty cool map (if as usual for ruinberg a different name on an already existing map)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smith:

Can't really beat that. (I did look quite hard TBQH)

This close enough?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Wargaming finally killed 1488 (partially); http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

LostCosmonaut posted:

Wargaming finally killed 1488 (partially); http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

Their commander has been permanently blocked it says. Good start?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

LostCosmonaut posted:

loving really? This is with direct admin intervention, too...

Agrajag posted:

Is the NA server special in any way in how it's populated with military wheaboos constantly harping about being a vet and wanting special status?

In Russia, bragging about army service is akin to bragging about having a high school diploma or a driver's license. The only people waving that around as a badge of honour are dumb teenagers and people that peaked as dumb teenagers.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
gently caress all of those steel walls :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

In Russia, bragging about army service is akin to bragging about having a high school diploma or a driver's license. The only people waving that around as a badge of honour are dumb teenagers and people that peaked as dumb teenagers.

I dunno I'd be more impressed if these poo poo pubbies had driver's licenses. The military will take anyone, but if you're the kind of absolutely brainless shithead that infest this game, you probably only have a 90% chance of passing the driver's test.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Tell me more.

And from what I understand about the so called veterans in WoT, they seem to believe that because of their (alleged) previous occupation they deserve to be treated better than others in the video game.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.

primelaw posted:

Don't lie, they just shot your tracks. :rolleyes:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

srb posted:

Tell me more.

And from what I understand about the so called veterans in WoT, they seem to believe that because of their (alleged) previous occupation they deserve to be treated better than others in the video game.

You should see the meltdown some supposed "vet" had in the Armored Warfare alpha forums. The M1 Abrams was not sufficiently powerful enough for his tastes and he proceeded to have a raging meltdown towards any poster that dared say the Abrams is at best comparable to other western nation MBT's but nobody really knows because they have never fought each other ever. Then he spouts some poo poo about insulting those who served in tanks and blah blah make Abrams more powerful to honour vets or some poo poo.

quote:

pps: also I deceded to revive this because it is an old forum post and this needs to be addressed at least I believe as soon as possible If one tank gets made to the point were it was made to just suck because it came from said nation like this has been done so much in wot and warthunder whats to stop it from happening even more.

ppss: also I have loved the alpha because it has felt so balanced and awesome that I cant stop to say how great it felt but I do not want a repeat of what has happend in so many games to date were one nation is favoured and all other tanks are made to be poo poo. This is so shown in wot and warthunder and I know so many agree I just dont want this to happen here because I want an awesome game that is far to all tanks so we can have so much fun with everyone. I dont want this ok we can only have these tanks because there are the best tanks mentaility. wot examples clan wars*maus e100 e5 any russian med is-7 all other tanks are poo poo gently caress em.* and yes this as being a clansmen have seen far to much.

also do not reply on the forum post that i have put a link to it is outside the alpha main posting section please do not do this. I only linked it so others could read the comments made in said forum post. If you post in said other forum post then it is in breach of NDA if you say anything about the alpha if it pertains to that forum post as in information about the m1 abrams and the problems shown then it is fine to post. Just remeber dont break NDA and have fun.

ohhh one more thing if i see trolling or super agruments that end in my nation tank is best your tank poo poo arguments without possitive fact to support i will remove your post. If you violate this rule 2 i will ban you from the forum post and also I dont fall behind i read every post and I only remove trolls if you wish to state why your topic was not a troll then I will listen otherwises be nice to each other argue with facts and dont troll else ill be mean .

He is not a mod nor is he an employee of My.com or Obsidian btw.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 9, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If the M1 Abrams isn't gods chosen tank in that game then gently caress that game :patriot: :911:

srb
Jul 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

If the M1 Abrams isn't gods chosen tank in that game then gently caress that game :patriot: :911:

You're gonna get tank spergs on your rear end if you just call it "M1 Abrams", as the M1 Abrams is armed with the 105mm L7 and is significantly less advanced in terms of armor and sensors than current Abrams and Leopard 2 types. Also, Leopard 2 best tank.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

KonigRasnake posted:

Don't lie, they just shot your tracks. :rolleyes:

Nope

It was the AT2 shooting me

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I dunno I'd be more impressed if these poo poo pubbies had driver's licenses.

Same but horrified.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

primelaw posted:

still has way more armour than the cdc...

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Agrajag posted:

You should see the meltdown some supposed "vet" had in the Armored Warfare alpha forums. The M1 Abrams was not sufficiently powerful enough for his tastes and he proceeded to have a raging meltdown towards any poster that dared say the Abrams is at best comparable to other western nation MBT's but nobody really knows because they have never fought each other ever. Then he spouts some poo poo about insulting those who served in tanks and blah blah make Abrams more powerful to honour vets or some poo poo.

It looks more like a 10 years old dude being mad and making up stuff.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

srb posted:

You're gonna get tank spergs on your rear end if you just call it "M1 Abrams", as the M1 Abrams is armed with the 105mm L7 and is significantly less advanced in terms of armor and sensors than current Abrams and Leopard 2 types. Also, Leopard 2 best tank.

They also said the Leopard 2 is their preferred 'add new poo poo first to' tank in a video.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

He will obviously remove your post by driving his Abrams into the server room and shooting out the disk sectors that contained it.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

srb posted:

Tell me more.

Thats what makes them the easiest targets to troll. Some vet was going on about his "service" and told him the standard spiel about being a welfare queen/bullet sponge/school dropout and he asked me if I have ever served and I told him I served his mother last night. He absolutely wentoff in chat for the rest of the game about how horrible this disrespect is and I should walk into a recruiters office to "man" up. I was in the military and I know from experience how very thin skinned alot of them are.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Axetrain posted:

Thats what makes them the easiest targets to troll. Some vet was going on about his "service" and told him the standard spiel about being a welfare queen/bullet sponge/school dropout and he asked me if I have ever served and I told him I served his mother last night. He absolutely wentoff in chat for the rest of the game about how horrible this disrespect is and I should walk into a recruiters office to "man" up. I was in the military and I know from experience how very thin skinned alot of them are.

Lol this is the best. Meanwhile in Europe, no welfare missions and only Eastern Europeans saying 'Witam Polsk?'

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

I said something to the tune of "being a fake marine on the internet is the only thing dumber than being a real marine" to a guy, and he went off on the whole "YOU'RE ONLY ALIVE BECAUSE OF MY SACRIFICE" bullshit. I told him his sacrifice had nothing to do with me, and he was genuinely confused that there were people that the Marines don't fight for, to the point of asking me verbatim "you live in the country, don't you" as if there was only one country.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

as if there was only one country.
There's only one country worth caring about tho, so he wasn't entirely wrong.

(my other joke would have been about russian marines, but then I remembered I don't know poo poo about them, so welp)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Sau40... :negative: