Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

shadok posted:

You can buy a lot of unlocks on the GTN but you definitely can't change the credit cap, and I'm reasonably sure you can't change the mail and trade restrictions.

You can buy escrow thingies for credits though. So you can temporarily change your credit cap. For credits. Essentially making everything cost twice as much :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
In Flashpoint Conquest, there are only Flashpoints.

Flashpoints? Flashpoints never change.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
would be nice if there was change.

chypher
Jun 28, 2013
They did change the 55 FPs to hard 60s. thats about all the changes they have done.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You can buy escrow thingies for credits though. So you can temporarily change your credit cap. For credits. Essentially making everything cost twice as much :v:

Or find a goon to buy it for you on loan, and then pay them three payments of however much it cost.

It's how I unlocked all the account versions of the purples/HK-47!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
NEW STORY ABOUT LANA!!!

...with no pictures...or videos...just like, a book or something. Sheesh.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

lana's in game face weirds me out in ways i can't articulate

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

NEW STORY ABOUT LANA!!!

...with no pictures...or videos...just like, a book or something. Sheesh.

wri.......ting?

mulodyne posted:

She's like an albino sith, her proportions are all wrong

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've always said she's the female elf from Hellboy 2.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 8, 2015

chypher
Jun 28, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

She's like an albino sith, her proportions are all wrong

Thats about sums it up. They could have made her look better imo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mulodyne posted:

Yeah the second I saw that screenshot I closed the window. She looks terrible. Like someone was trying to make a guy in Sims but just hit "random" a few times

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I clicked the referral link in the OP but can I transfer from emp to imp or is it just server-server? My lv50 on jedicov is emp :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

effectual posted:

I clicked the referral link in the OP but can I transfer from emp to imp or is it just server-server? My lv50 on jedicov is emp :(

You mean transfer from Republic to Empire? No, they said that will likely never happen due to the number of quest flags they'd have to change. :(

Good news is you'll still transfer your legacy over so you have the benefit of that if you make a new toon.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003
I played for about 1 week when the game launched and haven't touched this sent. I decided to give this a shot again. I used the referral link in the OP.

Is there any classes I should avoid? I'm mostly going to solo and play sporadically. I just don't want to pick the wrong class.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Essential posted:

I played for about 1 week when the game launched and haven't touched this sent. I decided to give this a shot again. I used the referral link in the OP.

Is there any classes I should avoid? I'm mostly going to solo and play sporadically. I just don't want to pick the wrong class.

Any class is fine. None are inherently "bad" - some have lesser DPS in endgame raiding, but that's not an issue for 99.99% of the people who play.

What do you want to play? Tank/DPS/Heal? Ranged or Melee?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Any class is fine, really. The OP has a good breakdown of each class's playstyle and available specs.

Since you're playing solo, I'd recommend checking each class's Companions. If you're a tank or melee you'll likely pair with a healer Companion, and vice versa. The Companion roles are provided at different levels for different classes - the Bounty Hunter's first Companion is a healer, whereas Jedi Knights go through several Companions before getting a healer. Long term it doesn't really matter, but it can make leveling a little smoother.

I can say that leveling as a Jedi Consular / Healer is ridiculously easy. First Companion is a tank/DPS, and there's another tank option later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

isk posted:

Any class is fine, really. The OP has a good breakdown of each class's playstyle and available specs.

Since you're playing solo, I'd recommend checking each class's Companions. If you're a tank or melee you'll likely pair with a healer Companion, and vice versa. The Companion roles are provided at different levels for different classes - the Bounty Hunter's first Companion is a healer, whereas Jedi Knights go through several Companions before getting a healer. Long term it doesn't really matter, but it can make leveling a little smoother.

I can say that leveling as a Jedi Consular / Healer is ridiculously easy. First Companion is a tank/DPS, and there's another tank option later.

There's also Treek to take into consideration - Buy Treek with Cartel coins and it doesn't matter what you play - Treek fills the tank/healer role.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003
Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll definitely want a companion.

I definitely want to play a dps class and would prefer ranged. For some reason I'm not really feeling being a jedi. I think bounty hunter sounds cool. I guess if there's a ranged jedi/sith class that could be cool.

I haven't had time yet to read the op in regards to classes (just a quick glance), I'll do that in a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Essential posted:

I definitely want to play a dps class and would prefer ranged. For some reason I'm not really feeling being a jedi. I think bounty hunter sounds cool. I guess if there's a ranged jedi/sith class that could be cool.

I haven't had time yet to read the op in regards to classes (just a quick glance), I'll do that in a bit.

Ranged Sith/Jedi will be lightning/telekinetic spec Sorcerer/Sage.

Ranged Bounty Hunter will be Mercenary (Powertech is melee, even though he has a gun).

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

Ranged Sith/Jedi will be lightning/telekinetic spec Sorcerer/Sage.

Ranged Bounty Hunter will be Mercenary (Powertech is melee, even though he has a gun).

Got it, thanks!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The only class I've been steered away from is Maurader (dual wielding Sith Warrior) due to having too many buttons. Bounty Hunter feels like easy mode compared to Agent, since you don't have to use cover and your first companion loving owns.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Essential posted:

I'd recommend sniper, just because the biggest selling point of this game's leveling experience is the story, and agent has the best story (BH is a fun class to play but the story isn't so hot).

Some people find sniper a little boring but if you're only playing sporadically it should be fine.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The only class I've been steered away from is Maurader (dual wielding Sith Warrior) due to having too many buttons. Bounty Hunter feels like easy mode compared to Agent, since you don't have to use cover and your first companion loving owns.

Having done all of the Imperial side stories before the expansions, the Bounty Hunter has one of the funnest campaigns and is really easy to learn the game with. Maurader used to be awesome but I haven't played in a while. It did take me using both 1-12 and f1-f12 to play effectively.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'd recommend sniper, just because the biggest selling point of this game's leveling experience is the story, and agent has the best story (BH is a fun class to play but the story isn't so hot).

Some people find sniper a little boring but if you're only playing sporadically it should be fine.
Yeah, I've been playing through as a sniper for my first character and have been sticking with the conversation choices that are 'best outcome for the Empire/super loyal to other members of Imperial Intelligence' and the story has been really great.

Kaliyo disapproves of those sort of choices so I'm permanently at 1 rep with her :v:

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, I've been playing through as a sniper for my first character and have been sticking with the conversation choices that are 'best outcome for the Empire/super loyal to other members of Imperial Intelligence' and the story has been really great.

Kaliyo disapproves of those sort of choices so I'm permanently at 1 rep with her :v:

Yeah, well, Kaliyo can eat a whole bag of dicks. Everything about her reminds me why I hate Chaotic aligned characters in D&D games.

You get better ones, who can also tank, so it's all good.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Kaliyo is fine with working for the empire, she just doesn't like it when you kiss rear end. All the "yes sir, no sir" stuff.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

veedubfreak posted:

It did take me using both 1-12 and f1-f12 to play effectively.

Holy poo poo get out of the scrub zone and rebind your keys

Seriously though thumbing abilities with V C X etc is underrated, especially when playing mobile classes in mmos

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
When I was younger I used the numpad pretty much exclusively to play MMOs. So much so that I eventually got a USB numpad. There's a lot of buttons there!

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Tell me about your sweet setup

No mouse?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hennimore used to play with a Dance Dance Revolution pad.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mercurius posted:

Heh, I was playing it the same way...except that when Darth Jadus makes his big "I'm not dead" reveal, I decided at the spur of the moment that my agent had been deep conditioned to obey him and backed his play. Now much of the Empire is in ruins and I'm looking forward to what comes next!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hennimore used to play with a Dance Dance Revolution pad.

Nonsense! It was a power glove

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kaliyo is fine with working for the empire, she just doesn't like it when you kiss rear end. All the "yes sir, no sir" stuff.
I've found that pretty much any pro-authority stuff causes me to lose rep with her. She only really likes if you make pro-anarchist/anti-establishment or 'yo I want credits' responses. I think you might be getting her confused with Vette for the Sith Warrior who seems to be generally positive towards helping stuff (including the Empire) but doesn't like you playing nice with Empire authority figures.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I just send Kaliyo off on some slicing mission before doing conversations now so her rep isn't affected.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

effectual posted:

I just send Kaliyo off on some slicing mission before doing conversations now so her rep isn't affected.

I just use Treek, she doesn't give a gently caress what I say, buddies 4 lyfe

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I'm currently playing as preferred after the 7 days free subscription, and I'm a little curious about the currency escrow. Almost all cartel market unlocks cost more than 350k, so what is the "strategy" here? Save up some millions, subscribe for a month and then buy them all? I'm assuming you get access to all your funds when you subscribe?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Sjonkel posted:

I'm currently playing as preferred after the 7 days free subscription, and I'm a little curious about the currency escrow. Almost all cartel market unlocks cost more than 350k, so what is the "strategy" here? Save up some millions, subscribe for a month and then buy them all? I'm assuming you get access to all your funds when you subscribe?

No, the people putting them up are morons.

Not Jerobi
Apr 19, 2010

Frimmin' on the frim fram.
Frimmin' on the fram.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Basically what Medullah said but he has like a million people referred so use mine.

http://www.swtor.com/r/d9rknB

(Medullah I'm totally about to use yours because I haven't used one yet.)

Hotlanta Man, I used your link FYI. I'll post back here when I decide which character to transfer, I have a full roster hanging on PoT5

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sjonkel posted:

I always assumed you were intended to buy them while subscribed to make your non-subscribed life less sucky. Is it realistic to ever expect to be able to buy Artifact Authorization on the Marketplace or should I just go ahead and shell out for it? Is it worth getting if I don't really intend to raid, maybe just do some dungeons at late-game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I always assumed you were intended to buy them while subscribed to make your non-subscribed life less sucky. Is it realistic to ever expect to be able to buy Artifact Authorization on the Marketplace or should I just go ahead and shell out for it? Is it worth getting if I don't really intend to raid, maybe just do some dungeons at late-game?

Isn't the artifact authorization only for < 50? I thought i read that you can still equip purples at end game without it

• Locked thread