Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman posted:

because those are actually useful, a lovely watch isn't!

youre saying that now after several years, umpteen million units of each sold, and two product categories defined

yet you still think you know better because youre a loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

youre saying that now after several years, umpteen million units of each sold, and two product categories defined

yet you still think you know better because youre a loving moron

okay? so what? doesn't mean they can do it again.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Beast of Bourbon posted:

can we all agree that these gaudy trinkets are garbage and the only thing worth a CRAP in this world is the love of our personal lord and savior jesus christ.

who did not own a watch.

he wore a sundial,

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

what 'evidence' is this?

the defined existence of competing products with the same feature set

iphone and ipad were market-defining products, the iwatch is not

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Dolomite posted:

he wore a sundial,

NO, he WAS the sundial, hth

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman posted:

okay? so what? doesn't mean they can do it again.

lol ok

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stymie posted:

the defined existence of competing products with the same feature set

iphone and ipad were market-defining products, the iwatch is not

if there are products existing now with the 'same feature set' as the apple watch, then there were products existing at the time of the iphone and the ipad that also had the same feature set of each

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

keep slurping on apple's semen man

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman posted:

keep slurping on apple's semen man

this post is what yospos has become. this is why yospos must be closed. tonight.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Pissflaps posted:

this post is what yospos has become. this is why yospos must be closed. tonight.

cool down captain quick, remember, this is also what yospos was born of....

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Sniep posted:

cool down captain quick, remember, this is also what yospos was born of....

yes, in other places

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
to be fair you are a crapple fanboy, with your apple iwatch and iphone 6+ and mba and g4 cube and acd

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

the only thing you have said is "apple was sucessful before tehy can be come successful again!" which is dumb as gently caress because the iphone and ipad make sense to exist so duh people are gonna want it. a smartwatch, not really.

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

gas

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i have the near entirety of apple's product lineup, from a retinal 27" imac, several airbooks, time capsule and a couple airport expresses, 2 apple tvs, 2 ipads, iphone 6...

when you find something that works well you generally stick to it

however the watch isn't even comparable because it's a different class of item, it's a watch. figure out what a watch is worn for for 3 seconds then report back thanks

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman posted:

the only thing you have said is "apple was sucessful before tehy can be come successful again!" which is dumb as gently caress because the iphone and ipad make sense to exist so duh people are gonna want it. a smartwatch, not really.

look at this post. look at it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
smythe, please do the needful and ban the OP of this shameful thread

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
steve defined successful innovative product spaces

can timb do it?? probably not. but with the help of a certain Mr Dr Dre, he just might have a chance....

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

wootman is an idiot but the smartwatch is still a bad idea even if apple is making one

thank you

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

if there are products existing now with the 'same feature set' as the apple watch, then there were products existing at the time of the iphone and the ipad that also had the same feature set of each

this is objectively incorrect

watch the release of the original iphone, steve calls out by name products that would be its closest competitors feature-wise and iphone is completely differentiated

the ceo of blackberry, the undisputed leader in email-capable phones at the time, thought that the iphone was 100% fake, that's how different it was

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Stymie posted:

watch the release of the original iphone, steve calls out by name products that would be its closest competitors feature-wise and iphone is completely differentiated

the ceo of blackberry, the undisputed leader in email-capable phones at the time, thought that the iphone was 100% fake, that's how different it was

the ipod keynote doesn't call out any competitors

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stymie posted:

wrong

there is not a single thing that the iphone or ipad did that could not be done already on alternative products

apple's success is the way they offer these features

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
its not gonna be a success dude.. im sorry

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wootman posted:

its not gonna be a success dude.. im sorry

you dont have to apologise to me i dont own any apple stock

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this thread is just gettin good!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Smythe posted:

this thread is just gettin good!!

close the games thread

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

close the games thread

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

wrong

there is not a single thing that the iphone or ipad did that could not be done already on alternative products

apple's success is the way they offer these features

oh then i guess i'm ignorant of all of the other 3.5" capacitive touch-screen devices with full web browsing capability and music playback functionality, utilizing a fully touch-based interface without an integrated input device that were available at the time, could you give an example?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Stymie posted:

oh then i guess i'm ignorant of all of the other 3.5" capacitive touch-screen devices with full web browsing capability and music playback functionality, utilizing a fully touch-based interface without an integrated input device that were available at the time, could you give an example?

blah blah blah, i'm sure apple is the first to invent a watch with a digital display too, stymie

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
oh wait, no... no they weren't.

BOOM.

ROASTED.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

close the games thread

gently caress off

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stymie posted:

even if i could give one youd decide an apple logo on the back was a 'feature' just to attempt to prove the lovely point you lost about 10 posts back

the iphone did nothing that other devices couldnt already do: it just did them better, and packaged them in such a way that people wanted to own the product

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Smythe posted:

gently caress off

this is why yospos must be closed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pwned bitch

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
did pissflaps have a stroke or something when he disappeared to the gay soccer thread for however long it was before he returned

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

the ipod keynote doesn't call out any competitors

i think i remember it being compared in size to the creative nomad

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

even if i could give one

ah, then you can't, great thanks for admitting it :)

apple used to define markets, now they just chase trends, qed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pissflaps posted:

the iphone did nothing that other devices couldnt already do: it just did them better, and packaged them in such a way that people wanted to own the product

iwatch is dumb as poo poo even conceptually, but pissflaps is right about this

Pissflaps posted:

this is why yospos must be closed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol. you flew too close to the sun, sweet prince

• Locked thread