Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

original character do not steal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

the necessary pls

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Improbable Lobster posted:

can't wait for this to either fail completely or get sued

why settle for just one

Graff
May 10, 2012

Gus Hobbleton posted:

actually it might be your face

or your neck

umm, stop moving your hands, they're messing up the electric fields

if it aint sliced and superperfused it aint poo poo

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

i took inspiration from many sources, like, um, mythology, yeah that

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

thanks for 40 seconds of credits on your 120 second trailer

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Some doors should stay closed.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

finally, someone figured out how to harness the power of wind https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752620427/wing-to-wheel-created-energy-farming-method

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
   Approximately 50 years after the laws of Physics that state “energy cannot be created” had been established, the Wright Brothers successfully flew their Flyer 1.Their airplane had a flying weight of 750 lbs, propelled by an engine providing only 120 lbs of thrust.

Consider, the investment energy of a flight: 120 lbs applied to an airplane as thrust,The resulting work accomplished by the wing: continuously lifting 750 lbs of weight.

It should be safe to conclude that wings do in fact, Create energy.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

anthonypants posted:

Approximately 50 years after the laws of Physics that state “energy cannot be created” had been established, the Wright Brothers successfully flew their Flyer 1.Their airplane had a flying weight of 750 lbs, propelled by an engine providing only 120 lbs of thrust.

Consider, the investment energy of a flight: 120 lbs applied to an airplane as thrust,The resulting work accomplished by the wing: continuously lifting 750 lbs of weight.

hmm.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
it's true, i run my car on red bull

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

i'm teh sweaty double dong

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

anthonypants posted:

im bernoulli's principle

Graff
May 10, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

i'm teh sweaty double dong

same

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

you guys should probably meet up

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

anthonypants posted:

i wish i was a crackpot so i could have the self-satisfaction that comes from not being one of the newton's third law sheeple

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Verdafolio posted:

i wish i was a crackpot so i could have the self-satisfaction that comes from not being one of the newton's third law sheeple

mmm yes, tell me more about how great dead white men are

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Beast of Bourbon posted:

mmm yes, tell me more about how great dead white men are

they're pretty awesome tbqh

we should make more of them

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255122491/ryo-adapter-never-plug-in-your-usb-the-wrong-way-a

reversible usb cord adapter

save 30 minutes a year!!!! (if you bought one for every device you might plug in and you waste like 6 seconds a day turning usb sticks around)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
that's physically impossible

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Vicas posted:

i took inspiration from many sources, like, um, mythology, yeah that

What is your plan, should you encounter any legal challenges?
According to our legal counsel, this series does not violate any existing copyrights or trademarks. Once my full animated story is told, it will be easy to see that it stands alone from any other existing properties. This animated series is based around the adventures of mares (horses) and not any other animal.

You can copyright a specific character's design, but cannot restrict someone else's freedom to design and copyright their own original characters (within the same species) as long as those characters do not replicate that design. The Midnight Mares characters look entirely different in build and body markings. Each also possess multiple personalities, which correspond to their acquired "dream powers".

"Midnight Mares" is its own mythology, which stands alone in its own universe.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255122491/ryo-adapter-never-plug-in-your-usb-the-wrong-way-a

save 30 minutes a year!!!! (if you bought one for every device you might plug in and you waste like 6 seconds a day turning usb sticks around)

i'd rather just have the cute robot flash drive tbqh

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

mares (horses) and not any other animal

ah yes, the classic "they're not ponies, they're mares" defense

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
wait until you see my new series, "gloaming goats"

it will definitely not be sued by purveyors of ponies

because no one will notice it

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
nothing to see here

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

As a Millennial I posted:

its called zoocompatible attraction dad

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

madeupfred posted:

nothing to see here

penny pyramid

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Boxturret posted:

penny pyramid

Fucker!!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

duTrieux. posted:

What is your plan, should you encounter any legal challenges?
According to our legal counsel, this series does not violate any existing copyrights or trademarks. Once my full animated story is told, it will be easy to see that it stands alone from any other existing properties. This animated series is based around the adventures of mares (horses) and not any other animal.

You can copyright a specific character's design, but cannot restrict someone else's freedom to design and copyright their own original characters (within the same species) as long as those characters do not replicate that design. The Midnight Mares characters look entirely different in build and body markings. Each also possess multiple personalities, which correspond to their acquired "dream powers".

"Midnight Mares" is its own mythology, which stands alone in its own universe.

somehow this rando bit of mythologizing in the middle of explaining how he's totally not going to be sued into oblivion for this is the most fascinating part of this

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

i

As a Millennial I posted:

i'm an ephebohoof you idiot!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
she only looks 10, she's a 600 year old elf, I swear

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
wish there was a way to donate money against a kickstarter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

wish there was a way to donate money against a kickstarter

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

someone find the alibaba link

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

someone find the alibaba link

http://www.insight.com/insightweb/products/Tripp-Lite-UR024-000-USB-adapter/UR024-000#!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nice, gj

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol

"Leasing options as low as $0.31/month"

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
maybe i'm a weirdo but usb plugs aren't that hard???

like if it's horizontal then the open-side is up if it's not you just look at the socket and figure it out?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol

"Leasing options as low as $0.31/month"

lol

e: even cheaper link http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-ur024-000~7TRPA24V.htm?source=googleps&gclid=CMeOvO7CnMQCFciGfgodEw8Ahw

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Thesoro posted:

maybe i'm a weirdo but usb plugs aren't that hard???

like if it's horizontal then the open-side is up if it's not you just look at the socket and figure it out?

you don't get it he banged his head while plugging a usb cable into the back of a computer under a desk

this horrible life changing injury could only have been averted with this dongle

• Locked thread