Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Speaking of which:

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/09/arrow-flash-spinoff-series-other-heroes-revealed-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Oh man Static :science:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No more Harley (or Michael Jai White as Bronze Tiger for that matter) in Arrow

Whoever thought the Bat-embargo was a good idea needs to be fired and then shot. I actually liked Arrow's version of BT.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

Whoever thought the Bat-embargo was a good idea needs to be fired and then shot. I actually liked Arrow's version of BT.

Kind of figured that after they killed off Bronze Tiger in the tie-in comic.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Have they explained/have there been any references to the changed arrow in the opening yet? I'm pretty ignorant of the the comics so I'm not sure if something has gone over my head.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

With DC putting the kibosh on Harley and Bronze Tiger because of other movies and TV shows and since Manu Bennett already got cast in another show I'd imagine we might have seen the last of Slade for a while too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Deadpool posted:

Kind of figured that after they killed off Bronze Tiger in the tie-in comic.

Wait what?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Suicide Squad went on a mission, Bronze Tiger didn't survive it. Thought it was odd to kill him off in the tie-in but now it makes sense if they couldn't bring him back on the show.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scyantific posted:

This is terrible news. Bronze Tiger was great, this show needs a lot more of him. Goddamn DC executives.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, but people might get confused, you see...

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

This is terrible news. Bronze Tiger was great, this show needs a lot more of him. Goddamn DC executives.

Yeah, as much as I love the recent surge in comic shows, the way executives get in the way of their true potential makes me mad as hell. :argh:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
This is only going to get worse the more DC movies are made, isn't it. :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Bronze Tiger was hardly great.

He was... there. That's all i can say about him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

While Bronze Tiger is a small loss I'm happy they stopped Harley from appearing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Aphrodite posted:

Bronze Tiger was hardly great.

He was... there. That's all i can say about him.

I liked him a fair deal and felt he was underutilized. I admit I was probably overstating his quality as a character, but still. :colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krad posted:

This is only going to get worse the more DC movies are made, isn't it. :smith:

just wait until the sons of anarchy guy replaces Amell in the Green Arrow movie... :argh:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

just wait until the sons of anarchy guy replaces Amell in the Green Arrow movie... :argh:

Oh my god, that is exactly who they would cast, isn't it? :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a note, that article doesn't actually say they can't use Bronze Tiger, they're just speculating.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Just a note, that article doesn't actually say they can't use Bronze Tiger, they're just speculating.

Read Deadpool's post about him being killed off in the tie-in comic. Those usually end up as canon in the TV universe. Whether or not they can't use him, he's gone from the series.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

While Bronze Tiger is a small loss I'm happy they stopped Harley from appearing.

At least we have Cupid to fill that obsessive redhead roster spot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Read Deadpool's post about him being killed off in the tie-in comic. Those usually end up as canon in the TV universe. Whether or not they can't use him, he's gone from the series.

I really doubt if one of the writers wanted to do something with Bronze Tiger next season they'd let that stop them. Tie-in stuff is only canon until its not.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Deadpool posted:

I honestly agree. Dini & Timm's Quinn was fantastic, but at no point was I looking forward to her appearing in this show, nor did I have any hopes that if she did appear it'd be done well at all.

It also makes for a lot of weird implications - if there's a Harley, doesn't that also imply there's a Joker, considering her origin? And then does that mean there's also a Batman? Or not? Yeah, you can just not address it, but to me the better alternative seems to be to just never include her to begin with.

You ask me, this world doesn't need Batman. At least not yet.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

XboxPants posted:

I honestly agree. Dini & Timm's Quinn was fantastic, but at no point was I looking forward to her appearing in this show, nor did I have any hopes that if she did appear it'd be done well at all.

It also makes for a lot of weird implications - if there's a Harley, doesn't that also imply there's a Joker, considering her origin? And then does that mean there's also a Batman? Or not? Yeah, you can just not address it, but to me the better alternative seems to be to just never include her to begin with.

You ask me, this world doesn't need Batman. At least not yet.

Olivers actions certainly have less impact if there are already masked heroes fighting everywhere else in the world.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Wezlar posted:

Olivers actions certainly have less impact if there are already masked heroes fighting everywhere else in the world.

I wouldn't mind if more masked heroes popped up as the series went on, though, partly as a result of his actions. We're already seeing that happen in Starling (and Central), and maybe the spin-off will be dealing with the continued spread of that trend. Anyway, point is, if the series is still going I wouldn't mind Batman showing up in Season 5 or 6 or 7 or something. It'd be fun to have Oliver as a much older mentor hero to the young batman up & comer.

I mean, not that Batman could ever be on the show, of course. (though I do like Nightwing! :haw:)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...didn't Wildcat and his sidekick already predate Ollie?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I mean...didn't Wildcat and his sidekick already predate Ollie?

Yeah but apparently they sucked. I'm pretty sure he killed himself out of shame after needing to get rescued by Laurel during the big Brick brawl.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Scyantific posted:

Has anything from the tie-in comics affected the show directly so far? I know nothing about them except that Black Adam had a cameo of sorts, and I'm still waiting for him to show up on the show (big bad for season 4!).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Krad posted:

Has anything from the tie-in comics affected the show directly so far? I know nothing about them except that Black Adam had a cameo of sorts, and I'm still waiting for him to show up on the show (big bad for season 4!).

That wasn't the Black Adam from the comics and he's dead now anyway.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

XboxPants posted:

You ask me, this world doesn't need Batman.

Didn't they try to do Harley without Joker in that old Birds of Prey WB series? I think there was just a brief mention of him but otherwise he's not in the show at all. And there they made her into a psychologist-mastermind which was actually a pretty interesting thing in an otherwise forgettable show

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't they try to do Harley without Joker in that old Birds of Prey WB series? I think there was just a brief mention of him but otherwise he's not in the show at all. And there they made her into a psychologist-mastermind which was actually a pretty interesting thing in an otherwise forgettable show

Yeah and what an ending!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I shouldn't have watched that while eating. So much spinning camera...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

With DC putting the kibosh on Harley and Bronze Tiger because of other movies and TV shows and since Manu Bennett already got cast in another show I'd imagine we might have seen the last of Slade for a while too.

Harley never had a chance outside her wink-wink-nudge cameo. The fact that we even got that made me a lot happier than it probably should've.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Harley never had a chance outside her wink-wink-nudge cameo. The fact that we even got that made me a lot happier than it probably should've.

I knew when she made the cameo that was all we were getting. I'm surprised other people thought it there was a real chance she'd have an actual role.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MacheteZombie posted:

I knew when she made the cameo that was all we were getting. I'm surprised other people thought it there was a real chance she'd have an actual role.

Well they actually had someone on set and in costume for that episode, it seemed like they really thought it was at least a possibility.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Right now there are live-action prime time television shows dedicated to the Flash, Green Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D., John Constantine (for now), and the city of Gotham with shows about Supergirl and (maybe?) Firestorm or the Atom rumoured to be in the offing. I've given up on thinking I know what television shows will and won't do.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well they also had that scene with Harley that they deleted from the season two finale that was more than just a wink. I think they did want to have her on there in some capacity, they wouldn't have almost done two appearances if they hadn't, but I think it's a good thing for all of us that it never worked out.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Deadpool posted:

Well they also had that scene with Harley that they deleted from the season two finale that was more than just a wink. I think they did want to have her on there in some capacity, they wouldn't have almost done two appearances if they hadn't, but I think it's a good thing for all of us that it never worked out.

What makes you say that? I don't know much about the character but I think that brand of crazy could be fun.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JohnSherman posted:

What makes you say that? I don't know much about the character but I think that brand of crazy could be fun.

Since everyone would then expect the Joker to show up since they are so connected. Arrow does not need Joker.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Just looked up the scene on YouTube. Definitely glad we aren't getting Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JohnSherman posted:

Because Harley is a hard character to make work.There's a very fine line with that character and I think very few people have ever been able to get anything good out of her. The only time the character has really clicked well I think was in the original Batman cartoon she came from.

• Locked thread